Predictions for 2017
(01-02-2017, 09:10 AM)chuck white Wrote: I predict, a lot of people will come to Oregon in August.

I predict, with almost absolute certainty,  that in 2017 you will continue to read only when sitting of he toilet.
(01-02-2017, 09:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:10 AM)chuck white Wrote: I predict, a lot of people will come to Oregon in August.

I predict, with almost absolute certainty,  that in 2017 you will continue to read only when sitting of he toilet.

That where I do most of my postings.
(01-02-2017, 09:55 AM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 09:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

That where I do most of my postings.

I don't want to think about it.

Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction.  Razz
(01-02-2017, 10:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction.  Razz

I give up. What happens in August?

Never mind
(01-02-2017, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Never mind

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...ht=eclipse

Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction. 
As well as campgrounds.
(01-02-2017, 01:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 01:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Never mind

http://www.roguevalleyforum.com/forum/sh...ht=eclipse

Yep, I got it, that's why the "never mind" part. Smiling
(01-02-2017, 02:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote:

Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction. 
As well as campgrounds.

Who wants to stay in a campground? If I wanted a developed camp I'd stay home. I expect someday they won't allow it anymore though.
(01-02-2017, 02:37 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

As well as campgrounds.

Who wants to stay in a campground? If I wanted a developed camp I'd stay home. I expect someday they won't allow it anymore though.
Who wants to stay in a campground?

I think people who want to come and see the eclipse who can't get a motel room do.

As far as a developed camp? You can make one at home but will it be on a mountain lake with your boat 100 feet away? And high altitude that gets you out of the heat and gives you a spectacular view of the stars at night? A bike path that runs for miles through the forest?

I expect someday they won't allow it anymore though.

What do you mean. Who won't allow what?
(01-02-2017, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

As well as campgrounds.

I think people who want to come and see the eclipse who can't get a motel room do.

As far as a developed camp? You can make one at home but will it be on a mountain lake with your boat 100 feet away? And high altitude that gets you out of the heat and gives you a spectacular view of the stars at night? A bike path that runs for miles through the forest?

Maybe folks have heard that if you stay in a motel room it's really hard to see the sky?
Camp.
In the forest.
Ride a bike on a path.
But maybe they don't allow that anymore.
So stay in a motel room and watch it on TV.
A day later.
On You Tube.
What WERE you doing the day it happened?

As well as campgrounds.

OK, a campground would be a distant second choice (for me).

I expect someday camping outside of campgrounds will be restricted by whatever land management agency is there, because of stupid people making trouble or starting fires or over use or whatever. It was only meant as an afterthought.

In some places outside of Oregon a permit was required to free camp as far back as the 1980's. I once was required to pin point on a map where I wanted to camp. I didn't know, I hadn't been there yet. That was in California. I just prefer to find a primitive spot far away from others. That's what I go there for. If I wanted to listen to noise I'd stay in town.
(01-02-2017, 04:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction. 
As well as campgrounds.

Maybe folks have heard that if you stay in a motel room it's really hard to see the sky?
Camp.
In the forest.
Ride a bike on a path.
But maybe they don't allow that anymore.
So stay in a motel room and watch it on TV.
A day later.
On You Tube.
What WERE you doing the day it happened?

So you DID try smoking marijuana after all? Man, I didn't get any of that Sad
(01-02-2017, 04:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 10:23 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Most of the hotel rooms are booked already so I predict you'll be correct on your prediction. 
As well as campgrounds.

I expect someday camping outside of campgrounds will be restricted by whatever land management agency is there, because of stupid people making trouble or starting fires or over use or whatever. It was only meant as an afterthought.

In some places outside of Oregon a permit was required to free camp as far back as the 1980's. I once was required to pin point on a map where I wanted to camp. I didn't know, I hadn't been there yet. That was in California. I just prefer to find a primitive spot far away from others. That's what I go there for. If I wanted to listen to noise I'd stay in town.

I actually agree to a point. For "camping". I have almost always gone boating and fishing. I always had a motor boat and a lot of times I brought a canoe for the kids. I also always brought my wife. Who loves to cook to the delight of everyone.
She also loves to have running water and at least an outhouse and better yet showers. This all occurred mostly at Howard prairie. At Willow Point. Hey at least we never camped down by the lodge. That area is like west Medford.
So what you want to do sounds great but it's a whole different animal. Wink

Our other "camping trips" were at Brookings, again with the boat for rock fish and several nets for the Dungeness. Big Grin
(01-02-2017, 07:05 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 04:47 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 02:01 PM)Scrapper Wrote: As well as campgrounds.

I actually agree to a point. For "camping". I have almost always gone boating and fishing. I always had a motor boat and a lot of times I brought a canoe for the kids. I also always brought my wife. Who loves to cook to the delight of everyone.
She also loves to have running water and at least an outhouse and better yet showers. This all occurred mostly at Howard prairie. At Willow Point. Hey at least we never camped down by the lodge. That area is  like west Medford.
So what you want to do sounds great but it's a whole different animal. Wink

Our other "camping trips" were at Brookings, again with the boat for rock fish and several nets for the Dungeness. Big Grin

That's OK. I understand people look for different things out there. Some like campgrounds. I actually appreciate them.   Smiling
A lot of people have some pretty damn nice RV's with all of the comforts of home... that they park in campgrounds.  I would... if I had one. I'd be checking out campgrounds all over of the place.
(01-02-2017, 10:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A lot of people have some pretty damn nice RV's with all of the comforts of home... that they park in campgrounds.  I would... if I had one. I'd be checking out campgrounds all over of the place.

Why hell. That what Walmart's parking lots are for.
(01-02-2017, 10:11 PM)Scrapper Wrote: A lot of people have some pretty damn nice RV's with all of the comforts of home... that they park in campgrounds.  I would... if I had one. I'd be checking out campgrounds all over of the place.

You are talking about Glamping Razz . Nothing wrong with that, just another way to enjoy life. That's what me and my squeeze are looking in to doing. Sort of.
Except I want to buy a really nice conversion van and around here they are extremely hard to find.
(01-03-2017, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

You are talking about Glamping Razz . Nothing wrong with that, just another way to enjoy life. That's what me and my squeeze are looking in to doing. Sort of.
Except I want to buy a really nice conversion van and around here they are extremely hard to find.

Have you tried looking near one of the cities Amtrak services? I'll bet it would be fun to ride the train up to Seattle  or somewhere.
(01-03-2017, 03:15 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 02:29 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Have you tried looking near one of the cities Amtrak services? I'll bet it would be fun to ride the train up to Seattle  or somewhere.
That could be fun but not really my thing. I want to be able to haul around fishing stuff, crab rings on top. And even food, so we don't have to a pay a lot to eat three times a day. Go to the coast or wherever and just stay in the van sometimes and motels other times.
I want to go to Eastern Or too.,and we have friends in Washington and AZ. Adventures LOL