Predictions for 2017
(01-03-2017, 08:33 PM)Hugo Wrote: I predict, by the end of the year, I will be gone from here.

And the peasants will rejoice.

I still predict this.... Wink
(10-02-2017, 04:20 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-03-2017, 08:33 PM)Hugo Wrote: I predict, by the end of the year, I will be gone from here.

I would not rejoice. Nor am I  a peasant lol

Are you heading to Las Vegas?
(10-02-2017, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:

More hate from the left....  sad really. And a good reason to retire from the forum.

You are boring, predictable, and a tin foil hat wearing chem trail moron.
(10-02-2017, 05:33 PM)Hugo Wrote:

More hate from the left....  sad really. And a good reason to retire from the forum.

Maybe not "from the left" so much, Hugo.
Chuck and I post THEN think about what we want to say.  Embarrassed . 
Good God, don't quit us! You leave and we don't have a quorum.  Laughing
(10-02-2017, 05:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I'm on "the left" I would never say what BBQ said earlier or some of what VS says.

But it's clear that you define EVERYTHING by the right VERSUS the left.

There's a WHOLE LOTTA stereotyping going on with many of your posts.
(10-02-2017, 06:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 04:20 PM)Hugo Wrote: I still predict this.... Wink

I'm on "the left" I would never say what BBQ said earlier or some of what VS says.

The great thing about stereotyping is that it is most often derived from constant repetitive patterns that make it obviously fact. Smiling

Said the man in the mirror.
(10-02-2017, 07:21 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 06:20 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you heading to Las Vegas?

The great thing about stereotyping is that it is most often derived from constant repetitive patterns that make it obviously fact. Smiling

There is nothing great about stereotyping from where I sit. It's a right wing right of passage for dishonest far right people.
It's one of the biggest problems in politics there is and you think it's great because you think it's usually true?

So the constant HATE and stereotyping lies I hear from far right assholes who claim I want everything free and I hate guns and I want open borders is GREAT?

You forgot, paranoid conspiracist flat earther.
(10-02-2017, 11:10 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Larry (Hugo), I think it's true you rush to pigeon hole folks into "Right or Left" categories. You have often suggested I'm a Liberal fanatic. (I often refer to myself her as a "Pinko Progressive card carrying commie liberal Democrat", and if you don't see that as satire, I hope you will from now on) 
We can often hold views that embrace "both sides".
For instance, TVguy has some "Liberal" views but like you, supports the police all the way. He has guns.
I embrace a lot of Liberal ideas but believe strongly in fiscal responsibility and think the Democratic Party has tried to spend us out of problems with little or no good result (See the "Great Society). 
I don't have a gun but have no problem with other responsible people having them. (I admit I'm not fond of guns for ordinary folks that have LOTS of fire power).
We don't live in a black and white world, and while I know you are fully aware of that, often your posts suggest otherwise. 
Just an observation, for what it's worth. Maybe not much. Thing is, your posts here are an important part of the "community" we have developed over the years, and God knows there are few of us left.
(10-03-2017, 08:49 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 04:20 PM)Hugo Wrote: I still predict this.... Wink

Larry (Hugo), I think it's true you rush to pigeon hole folks into "Right or Left" categories. You have often suggested I'm a Liberal fanatic. (I often refer to myself her as a "Pinko Progressive card carrying commie liberal Democrat", and if you don't see that as satire, I hope you will from now on) 
For instance, TVguy has some "Liberal" views but like you, supports the police all the way. He has guns.
I embrace a lot of Liberal ideas but believe strongly in fiscal responsibility and think the Democratic Party has tried to spend us out of problems with little or no good result (See the "Great Society). 
I don't have a gun but have no problem with other responsible people having them. (I admit I'm not fond of guns for ordinary folks that have LOTS of fire power).
We don't live in a black and white world, and while I know you are fully aware of that, often your posts suggest otherwise. 
Just an observation, for what it's worth. Maybe not much. Thing is, your posts here are an important part of the "community" we have developed over the years, and God knows there are few of us left.

Laughing  And you have expressly told me that I do not fall under the category, in YOUR mind, of being a responsible person. That will always earn you a hearty Fuck You.

I actually do not believe you when you make the highlighted statement.  It is my "feeling" that you would rather the general population be disarmed.  It is my "feeling" that you believe this would make the general population somehow safer.  It is my "feeling" that this attitude of yours is extremely dangerous for the general population.
(10-03-2017, 09:18 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 08:49 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: Are you heading to Las Vegas?

Laughing  And you have expressly told me that I do not fall under the category, in YOUR mind, of being a responsible person. That will always earn you a hearty Fuck You.

I actually do not believe you when you make the highlighted statement.  It is my "feeling" that you would rather the general population be disarmed.  It is my "feeling" that you believe this would make the general population somehow safer.  It is my "feeling" that this attitude of yours is extremely dangerous for the general population.
Hugo, you are simply wrong about this. I DO have a problem with guns that have immense firepower capabilities. I think they should be available only to the military. Still, that's only my opinion, and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the subject to have STRONG views. Point is: I REALLY think you have misread my opinions abut guns. My prayer (if I was a praying kind of guy) would be that for the sake of the issue, guns would not be involved in these tragic mass killings. 
Tough and complicated stuff. I don't have answers. I'm not sure who does, but I'd really like to see this as a national discussion among rational and objective folks.
(10-03-2017, 09:31 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:18 AM)Hugo Wrote: [quote pid='396223' dateline='1507045773']

Hugo, you are simply wrong about this.I DO have a problem with guns that have immense firepower capabilities. I think they should be available only to the military. Still, that's only my opinion, and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the subject to have STRONG views. Point is: I REALLY think you have misread my opinions abut guns. My prayer (if I was a praying kind of guy) would be that for the sake of the issue, guns would not be involved in these tragic mass killings. 
Tough and complicated stuff. I don't have answers. I'm not sure who does, but I'd really like to see this as a national discussion among rational and objective folks.
[/quote]

Quote:"And you have expressly told me that I do not fall under the category, in YOUR mind, of being a responsible person."

Don't you fucking dare deny this.  You have said here, on more than one occasion, that you FEAR that I own guns.
(10-03-2017, 10:05 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:31 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-03-2017, 09:18 AM)Hugo Wrote: [quote pid='396223' dateline='1507045773']

Hugo, you are simply wrong about this.I DO have a problem with guns that have immense firepower capabilities. I think they should be available only to the military. Still, that's only my opinion, and I'm not really knowledgeable enough about the subject to have STRONG views. Point is: I REALLY think you have misread my opinions abut guns. My prayer (if I was a praying kind of guy) would be that for the sake of the issue, guns would not be involved in these tragic mass killings. 

Quote:"And you have expressly told me that I do not fall under the category, in YOUR mind, of being a responsible person."

Don't you fucking dare deny this.  You have said here, on more than one occasion, that you FEAR that I own guns.

[/quote]

Well ghee whiz Larry maybe because you OFTEN come off here as a sour ass moody grumpy hateful white guy with an ax to grind.
I guarantee that's not just MY opinion. You have denied this so often and made a point of saying what a great happy carefree jolly person you are in real life.
Anyway THAT is why people say they are afraid that you have guns. And I suspect that most like Wonky who have said that were mostly kidding.