Which Trump Will The World See?
(12-20-2016, 10:35 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 09:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 06:57 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 05:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 03:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: That reminds me of listening too the two announcers who favor one of the two MMA fighters. Trying their hardest to be non biased and trying to hide their disappointment when THEIR guy is losing.

MMA seems like a waste of time. Why not put two guys in a cage, give 'em each a double bladed ax, and the guy who comes out alive wins. Or maybe shotguns: So much quicker. 

So...no one interested in Podcasts?

I prefer listening to music when the radio is on. But, I am curious why you would listen to a podcast about summer clothing???  Selected shorts?

Smiling . It's people reading SHORT stories. Some, very good and read by actors who do a fine job.

Yeah, I got that. I was funnin' ya.   Big Grin
Of  course: I'm not THAT dense. Just wanted you to know specifically what Seclected Shorts is all about in case you didn't feel like giving it a try.
(12-20-2016, 05:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: MMA seems like a waste of time. Why not put two guys in a cage, give 'em each a double bladed ax, and the guy who comes out alive wins. Or maybe shotguns: So much quicker. 

Was Ali versus Liston a "waste of time"? Hagler vs Sugar ray? The rumble in the jungle.

You obviously don't understand the sport of mixed martial arts. They are trained athletes who fight just like boxers have fought for hundreds of years. There are rules, no one dies or is harmed anymore than boxers.

As a matter of fact studies show that boxers suffer more long term injuries than MMA fighters. Because a boxing match is twelve rounds.
That's 12 three minute rounds or 36 minutes of each man for the most part hitting the other guy in the head

But an MMA fight is three five minute rounds or a title fight is five five minute rounds. But MMA bouts include a lot of wrestling and submissions can end the fight. With boxing almost exclusively ONLY a knock out will end the fight.

So does Your comment "Why not put two guys in a cage, give 'em each a double bladed ax" make any sense? Smiling

A new study that compared the two sports found that although combatants in the octagon get hurt more often, their counterparts in the boxing ring suffer more severe injuries, such as getting knocked unconscious.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/20/scienc...oxing.html
(12-21-2016, 01:10 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-20-2016, 05:19 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: MMA seems like a waste of time. Why not put two guys in a cage, give 'em each a double bladed ax, and the guy who comes out alive wins. Or maybe shotguns: So much quicker. 

Was Ali versus Liston a "waste of time"? Hagler vs Sugar ray? The rumble in the jungle.

You obviously don't understand the sport of mixed martial arts. They are trained athletes who fight just like boxers have fought for hundreds of years. There are rules, no one dies or is harmed anymore than boxers.

As a matter of fact studies show that boxers suffer more long term injuries than MMA fighters. Because a boxing match is twelve rounds.
That's 12 three minute rounds or 36 minutes of each man for the most part hitting the other guy in the head

But an MMA fight is three five minute rounds or a title fight is five five minute rounds. But MMA bouts include a lot of wrestling and submissions can end the fight. With boxing almost exclusively ONLY a knock out will end the fight.

So does Your comment "Why not put two guys in a cage, give 'em each a double bladed ax" make any sense? Smiling

A new study that compared the two sports found that although combatants in the octagon get hurt more often, their counterparts in the boxing ring suffer more severe injuries, such as getting knocked unconscious.

What year is it? I've been thinking it's 1971 and cage fighters are tearing one anothers joints our of sockets. 
Not 1971? 
Whatever: I don't time for this crap. I'm listening to a album by a new group called Black Sabbath. 
Gotta go...need to blow dry my hair.
(12-21-2016, 01:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

What year is it? I've been thinking it's 1971 and cage fighters are tearing one anothers joints our of sockets. 
Not 1971? 
Whatever: I don't time for this crap. I'm listening to a album by a new group called Black Sabbath. 
LOL yeah MMA started with very little rules and was coined a "blood sport". It was banned in many places before it evolved in to what it is today.

MMA Facts You Probably Did Not Know

Just three decades ago, few people had ever heard of mixed martial arts, but since the first UFC back in the early 1990s, this sport has definitely gained a massive following. MMA fans know that the sport combines elements of everything from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to boxing to wrestling and Muay Thai, but there are some obscure facts of which fans might not be aware.
In general, statistics show that only about 28% of Americans have graduated from college. Among MMA fighters, more than 80% of UFC have a college degree. This is not only far higher than the national average; it is higher than many other pro sports. Keep in mind that while football players and basketball players attend and graduate from college in high numbers, this is because they were on scholarship and college was similar to minor league training. For MMA athletes, there are few scholarships, and going to college was more of an academic decision than a sports-related one.
(12-21-2016, 01:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not 1971? 
LOL yeah MMA started with very little rules and was coined a "blood sport". It was banned in many places before it evolved in to what it is today.

Just three decades ago, few people had ever heard of mixed martial arts, but since the first UFC back in the early 1990s, this sport has definitely gained a massive following. MMA fans know that the sport combines elements of everything from Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu to boxing to wrestling and Muay Thai, but there are some obscure facts of which fans might not be aware.
In general, statistics show that only about 28% of Americans have graduated from college. Among MMA fighters, more than 80% of UFC have a college degree. This is not only far higher than the national average; it is higher than many other pro sports. Keep in mind that while football players and basketball players attend and graduate from college in high numbers, this is because they were on scholarship and college was similar to minor league training. For MMA athletes, there are few scholarships, and going to college was more of an academic decision than a sports-related one.

OKAY already! I'll go if the sell hot dogs.  Rolling Eyes
(12-21-2016, 01:37 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 01:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not 1971? 

OKAY already! I'll go if the sell hot dogs.  Rolling Eyes

Big Grin