It's A Good Start
Now if they would treat these guys like street level drug dealers and give them maximum time it might send a signal to the others that do this.

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/CriminalInvesti...533555.htm

December 8, 2016: Pharmaceutical Executives Charged in Racketeering Scheme
(12-21-2016, 04:23 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Now if they would treat these guys like street level drug dealers and give them maximum time it might send a signal to the others that do this.

Come on, OL, give these poor CEO's a break. A lot of them don't even make a billion dollars a year and some even have to drive their own cars and a few have to pour their own coffee. 

Hey, a guy's do what he's gotta do to make ends meet, ya know.
(12-21-2016, 04:23 PM)orygunluvr Wrote: Now if they would treat these guys like street level drug dealers and give them maximum time it might send a signal to the others that do this.

Quote:a nationwide conspiracy to bribe medical practitioners to unnecessarily prescribe a fentanyl-based pain medication and defraud healthcare insurers.

God damn heroin pushers.

Heroin by any other name is still an opiate.
(12-21-2016, 09:53 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Quote:a nationwide conspiracy to bribe medical practitioners to unnecessarily prescribe a fentanyl-based pain medication and defraud healthcare insurers.

God damn heroin pushers.

Heroin by any other name is still an opiate.

God damn herion pushers? (you say) 

Well...

When we (adults) see physicans we go with our education, intellect, and good reasoning abilitiies intact. (Hopefully) 

I have real empathy for people in pain and when someone suffering needs relief of course they want (and deserve) any legal medication that will mask the pain. 
But we all know about the addictive properties of the opiates and know that it can't be a long term solution. If your doctor continues to refill that RX after a reasonable time, it's best to find another doctor...he is doing you no favors. 

And then you hit the wall! Finding other ways of dealing with the pain can be a real problem and may take investigating different solutions. Life can be hard, and dealing with constant pain is beyond hard. 

But...as reasonably smart folks we know that any opiate based product will shortly stop working unless the dose is increased and even then will in time become ineffective. 

So, let's not blame it ALL on doctors who "push opiates". Some of that responsiblity is ours and we have to recognize there are some "quack" doctors out there who will do us no favors. 

PS Yep...had a period of intense pain. Took Oxycontin for a bit. Did not ask for a refill and was lucky enough to find a therapy that, with specific exercises, gave me relief. I'm SO lucky! Now almost pain free.
Wonky, the doctor is only the middleman, It's the guys who cook the stuff and charm the doctors to sell it to you. They're the god damn heroin pushers
(12-22-2016, 09:39 PM)chuck white Wrote: Wonky, the doctor is only the middleman, It's the guys who cook the stuff and charm the doctors to sell it to you. They're the god damn heroin pushers

Obvious that if you read what I posted, you failed to grasp the meaning. 

Hey...while you're here, got a weather report?  Wink
(12-23-2016, 08:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-22-2016, 09:39 PM)chuck white Wrote: Wonky, the doctor is only the middleman, It's the guys who cook the stuff and charm the doctors to sell it to you. They're the god damn heroin pushers

Maybe you failed to read the first post

Quote: Pharmaceutical Executives Charged in Racketeering Scheme

It was not about doctors. It's about the drug Manufacture.
(12-23-2016, 08:53 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Of course I read it.
And I think it's bullshit. 
YOU (we) are responsbile for the abuse of drugs that are addictive, until a physcian holds you down and forcces the stuff down your gullet. 
Read my previous response to this more carefully.
I did read your post

Quote:When we (adults) see physicans we go with our education, intellect, and good reasoning abilitiies intact. (Hopefully)

We  are not our best, when we go to the doctor.

Plus very few fall under 'good reasoning abilities'.

The way you put it, the junkies are at fault and not the street pusher.
(12-23-2016, 09:53 AM)chuck white Wrote: I did read your post

Quote:When we (adults) see physicans we go with our education, intellect, and good reasoning abilitiies intact. (Hopefully)

We  are not our best, when we go to the doctor.

Plus very few fall under 'good reasoning abilities'.

The way you put it, the junkies are at fault and not the street pusher.
It's a two way street in a sense that we make conscious decisions everyday, with street drugs we can say no, with medical it's different, we depend on it when we need it. To that extent some can simply quit without any side effects after their ailments have subsided and some can't. The doctors know who that is and don't step in to change the route of those that can't or won't stop when they being healthy again.
(12-23-2016, 08:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(12-23-2016, 08:53 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Of course I read it.
And I think it's bullshit. 
YOU (we) are responsbile for the abuse of drugs that are addictive, until a physcian holds you down and forcces the stuff down your gullet. 
Read my previous response to this more carefully.

No , sorry I can't get behind the logic that Physicians don't have any responsibility of what kind and how much drugs they prescribe.