The gifts I gave for Christmas
For the fist time ever (many, many years) I gave Mrs. Wonky jewelry that incuded diamonds. Not big ones, and I didn't have to sell myself on the streets ( Razz) to scrape up the money. But, it was a necklace with some diamonds. Backstory: I'm a "blue collar working guy" and have always felt that diamonds are above and beyond what working folks should spend on personal adornment. She seemed pleased. That's good, 'cause she will NEVER get another diamond. (NO, she did NOT get a diamond engagment ring). 

A couple of years ago my daughter (who basically runs the family  Wink) dictated that ALL adults would no longer exchange gifts with anyone other than a spouse. Works great! Saves a lot of shopping and spending. She also "decreed" a couple of years ago that my grandkids, once graduated college, don't deserve anything more than a card. (I admit to sneaking a few bucks to them on the side). Point being, it has worked well. We get together (those still in the country) and enjoy lots of good food, fellowship, and even some singing. (Still have two teenage grandkids...they get books and gift cards) 

But, looking back to the days when my children were "little ones", I really enjoyed giving them things that made them happy and made Christmas a special day for them.

Things change. 

Thank the gods!

So...what did you give. 

PS: TVg gave everyone in his family a dollar for Christmas, on Christmas Eve. Then when they went to sleep he stole it. The in the morning he punished them for losing it.  Razz
Hubby gave the 3 boys (and himself) Drones.
I gave the 3 girls jackets.
The 7 grandkiddos got clothes, books, toys, gift cards to go to the movies.  The three oldest actually make Christmas Wish Lists and received an item off of their "really want bad" list.  The 12 year old got Nike Tennis Shoes; the 9 year old got an Easy Bake Oven; and the 7 year old got a Pogo Stick.
For my parents we purchased a Digital Photo Frame... it works with Wi-Fi and has an email address.  So, the kids and I can send photos to it.  My parents don't do Facebook; they know that they sometimes miss out on photos because of it.  But this makes it simple to post photos from your phone, email, FB, Instagram, Twitter to the Photo Frame.  Super cool deal! 
Hubby and I chose not to buy for each other this year because we purchased a new washer & dryer (Being delivered Wednesday... Yay!).  Add to that the cost of hiring a plumber to move our gas water heater (to make room for the new washer & dryer)... and then a new gas water heater because the one we were moving decided to seize up.  It turned out to be a VERY spendy project.  

Happy Merry to y'all!
My main gift to the wifey was a tablet.
(12-25-2016, 12:47 PM)GPnative Wrote: My main gift to the wifey was a tablet.

Me too . One of those yeller ones where you can just tear of a page when yer done writin on it.
(12-25-2016, 12:54 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Me too . One of those yeller ones where you can just tear of a page when yer done writin on it.

What, no coal to write with?
(12-25-2016, 01:19 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

What, no coal to write with?

UM No I gave her a real pencil, jeeze do you think I'm a cheap skate or something?
(12-25-2016, 10:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: For the fist time ever (many, many years) I gave Mrs. Wonky jewelry that incuded diamonds. Not big ones, and I didn't have to sell myself on the streets ( Razz) to scrape up the money. But, it was a necklace with some diamonds. Backstory: I'm a "blue collar working guy" and have always felt that diamonds are above and beyond what working folks should spend on personal adornment. She seemed pleased. That's good, 'cause she will NEVER get another diamond. (NO, she did NOT get a diamond engagment ring). 

A couple of years ago my daughter (who basically runs the family  Wink) dictated that ALL adults would no longer exchange gifts with anyone other than a spouse. Works great! Saves a lot of shopping and spending. She also "decreed" a couple of years ago that my grandkids, once graduated college, don't deserve anything more than a card. (I admit to sneaking a few bucks to them on the side). Point being, it has worked well. We get together (those still in the country) and enjoy lots of good food, fellowship, and even some singing. (Still have two teenage grandkids...they get books and gift cards) 

But, looking back to the days when my children were "little ones", I really enjoyed giving them things that made them happy and made Christmas a special day for them.

Things change. 

Thank the gods!

So...what did you give. 

PS: TVg gave everyone in his family a dollar for Christmas, on Christmas Eve. Then when they went to sleep he stole it. The in the morning he punished them for losing it.  Razz

OK the truth is I gave the main squeeze 500 bucks from my wallet for her and the lids and GK's. And I know she blew through that and used "her" money too.
But you could be right Wonky. She probably gave everyone a dollar and her and her boyfriend blew the rest. Razz

That could be real handy in the out house.

Laughing Laughing

Did your wife just leave with a suitcase also???
(12-25-2016, 01:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(12-25-2016, 10:51 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: For the fist time ever (many, many years) I gave Mrs. Wonky jewelry that incuded diamonds. Not big ones, and I didn't have to sell myself on the streets ( Razz) to scrape up the money. But, it was a necklace with some diamonds. Backstory: I'm a "blue collar working guy" and have always felt that diamonds are above and beyond what working folks should spend on personal adornment. She seemed pleased. That's good, 'cause she will NEVER get another diamond. (NO, she did NOT get a diamond engagment ring). 

Things change. 

Thank the gods!

So...what did you give. 

OK the truth is I gave the main squeeze 500 bucks from my wallet for her and the lids and GK's. And I know she blew through that and used "her" money too.
But you could be right Wonky. She probably gave everyone a dollar and her and her boyfriend blew the rest. Razz
How much are lids these days?
(12-25-2016, 02:51 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Laughing Laughing

Did your wife just leave with a suitcase also???

How did you know that LOL. Yeah she's going to donate it to Goodwill. And a whole bunch of her clothes too.
I did my best Oprah impression..."You get underwear, and you get underwear...everyone gets underwear!!!"

Ok, so they got some other stuff too...but the underwear was the highlight. Wink
(12-25-2016, 08:23 PM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote: I did my best Oprah impression..."You get underwear, and you get underwear...everyone gets underwear!!!"

Ok, so they got some other stuff too...but the underwear was the highlight. Wink

Hey, I got underwear for Christmas, good thing too. I was beginning to think, I would have to wash the pair I have on.
I got underwear too. The boxer/brief style. I will let you know how I like them. I meant to ask Valuesize how he likes his Duluth Trading Company underwear. I just assume he wears them from the "ads" he posts here.
When you quit believing in Santa you get underwear
(12-26-2016, 11:54 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: When you quit believing in Santa you get underwear

And if your naughty, you get women's underwear.
(12-26-2016, 12:24 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 11:54 AM)orygunluvr Wrote: When you quit believing in Santa you get underwear

What if I want the women's underwear
(12-26-2016, 01:24 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

(New or used?)
(12-26-2016, 03:44 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(12-26-2016, 01:24 PM)orygunluvr Wrote:

(New or used?)
Always a hotly debated question.
I gave money to my wife and she bought most of the presents. We buy for immediate family and extended family if they live here in the Rogue Valley. 

Christmas is mostly about me. What I gave and what I got. And what I got for myself is reservations to go to Hawaii. Woohoo! My new goal is to get out of Oregon 3 times a year during the winter or maybe just twice if I stay longer than 20 days each time. 

Clete's advice to all of you is to go somewhere. I know Wonk doesn't like to travel, but for those of you that might, just do it. You will feel refreshed by the new serroundings, I promise.