I received a Fitbit wrist thing for Christmas
(01-01-2017, 08:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 04:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 03:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
can't find anyplace on the Website or APP about how to replace the battery on the Flex 2.

But you didn't try that thing Al Gore invented? The internet?

Embarrassed Stoopid is as stoopid does. Thank the Gods for You Tube. (But I sweat it didn't come up when I searched "replace battery in Fitbit Charge 2.

Now...where does one buy a battery?

LATER EDIT: Well...looking more closely, it appears the Flex and Flex 2 are differnt animals. The Flex battery is removed and charged in the USB cable. On mine, the battery is charged with a device that covers the watch. I removed on side of the band and don't see any obvious way the battery is removed. 

And, nothing on the website. Or the APP that controls the thing. 

Next: Email the people.  Wink

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I went back to You Tube and there IS a video about charging/changing battery in Flex 2. BUT, it appears they have "updated" the thing. As pointed out above, my battery is charged in the watch its self with a device that covers and locks to the watch.

OK , does that mean you found out what you needed to know? Also I was wondering. If you don't like the thing why not just return it?

I'm 'twizzed & between". It works a lot of the time and is valuable then. The battery thing MUST have a solution of some kind. And I got it on sale for 100 clams so am not out all that much. 
I have a couple of weeks to decide. 
Good question, though.

Flex 2 battery charger
I have the FitBit Flex 2... It's charged with a USB cord. A full charge will last me about 4 days.
It sounds to me like you have a Fitbit alta .They are the ones who have a charger like you described

[Image: 15816c7.jpg][Image: 15816c7.jpg][img][Image: 2ef5m69.jpg][/img]
(01-01-2017, 08:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: It sounds to me like you have a Fitbit alta .They are the ones who have a charger like you described

[Image: 51NoPlv6yzL._SX522_.jpg]

I wonder why your photos don't post for many of us these days.
(01-01-2017, 08:53 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:49 PM)tvguy Wrote: It sounds to me like you have a Fitbit alta .They are the ones who have a charger like you described

[Image: 51NoPlv6yzL._SX522_.jpg]

I wonder why your photos don't post for many of us these days.

I don't know. I right click and the click "save image location" then use the image icon to post it.
This has always worked in the past. What's weird is that I do that and it works fine on my page and if I choose preview post.
But when I post it THEN it doesn't work.
(01-01-2017, 08:48 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:25 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 04:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Embarrassed Stoopid is as stoopid does. Thank the Gods for You Tube. (But I sweat it didn't come up when I searched "replace battery in Fitbit Charge 2.

Now...where does one buy a battery?

LATER EDIT: Well...looking more closely, it appears the Flex and Flex 2 are differnt animals. The Flex battery is removed and charged in the USB cable. On mine, the battery is charged with a device that covers the watch. I removed on side of the band and don't see any obvious way the battery is removed. 

And, nothing on the website. Or the APP that controls the thing. 

Next: Email the people.  Wink

YET ANOTHER EDIT: I went back to You Tube and there IS a video about charging/changing battery in Flex 2. BUT, it appears they have "updated" the thing. As pointed out above, my battery is charged in the watch its self with a device that covers and locks to the watch.

OK , does that mean you found out what you needed to know? Also I was wondering. If you don't like the thing why not just return it?

I'm 'twizzed & between". It works a lot of the time and is valuable then. The battery thing MUST have a solution of some kind. And I got it on sale for 100 clams so am not out all that much. 
Good question, though.

Flex 2 battery charger
I have the FitBit Flex 2... It's charged with a USB cord. A full charge will last me about 4 days.
Also... The FitBit Flex 2 does not have a heart rate monitor.
(01-01-2017, 08:58 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: OK , does that mean you found out what you needed to know? Also I was wondering. If you don't like the thing why not just return it?

Good question, though.

Flex 2 battery charger
I have the FitBit Flex 2... It's charged with a USB cord.  A full charge will last me about 4 days.

Mine does. (Measures Heart Rate) 
But the device that is supposed to charge the battery just does not work. (Yep...the one TVg poste the photo of).  It's clear how it is to be attached (One way, only) and my USB power source is good...just doesn't charge. 
This thing is going back...I hope: Got it at Fred Meyer and hear their return policy can be difficult. 
Whatever.
(01-02-2017, 08:30 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:29 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I'm 'twizzed & between". It works a lot of the time and is valuable then. The battery thing MUST have a solution of some kind. And I got it on sale for 100 clams so am not out all that much. 
Good question, though.

Flex 2 battery charger
I have the FitBit Flex 2... It's charged with a USB cord.  A full charge will last me about 4 days.

But the device that is supposed to charge the battery just does not work. (Yep...the one TVg poste the photo of).  It's clear how it is to be attached (One way, only) and my USB power source is good...just doesn't charge. 
This thing is going back...I hope: Got it at Fred Meyer and hear their return policy can be difficult. 
Whatever.
I think that since it's defective they'll give you the refund. Be warned, if you don't have your receipt, they will try to give you a Freddie's gift card.
(01-02-2017, 09:37 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(01-02-2017, 08:30 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:40 PM)tvguy Wrote: Flex 2 battery charger

Whatever.
I think that since it's defective they'll give you the refund. Be warned, if you don't have your receipt, they will try to give you a Freddie's gift card.
I do have a receipt, but my daughter advised me (too late) that if I had used my "rewards card" the refund would go more smoothly. Simply forgot to use the damn thing, and the clerk didn't ask. 
Oh well. 
Wish it worked! But, not anxious to try another.
(01-02-2017, 08:30 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Mine does. (Measures Heart Rate) 
Whatever.

You should have no problem exchanging it for one that works correctly. You certainly won't have a problem if you trade up to a nicer model with the better charging system.
I just checked with the President elect Trump.
He tells me nobody really understands how those Fitbits work.
(01-02-2017, 10:51 AM)chuck white Wrote: I just checked with the President elect Trump.
He tells me nobody really understands how those Fitbits work.

Is he going to fix it after the 20th?