It's Snowing
(01-04-2017, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote: [Image: jpdhxh.jpg]

You probably should have harvested that weed a while ago.

I got a new computer, now my photobucket account does not recognize me. I tell the program it really is me, but the Witch don't believe me.  I'll post photos when I figure this out.
(01-04-2017, 01:27 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I got a new computer, now my photobucket account does not recognize me. I tell the program it really is me, but the Witch don't believe me.  I'll post photos when I figure this out.
I have two PB accounts and when my PC crashed a couple of years ago I lost one. I've never been able to get PB to recognize my email account with them or my name.
That sucks because some of the pictures I lost were on my PB account.

You're joking about the weed right? Those are willows, poplars and plumb trees.Smiling
(01-04-2017, 01:26 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 01:23 PM)tvguy Wrote: Damn it , I lost a tree. Sad

[Image: 1089068.jpg]

Sad Sad     Yeah, the neighbors lost a tree.  I went out and moved my car to a safer spot 20 minutes before a big branch fell where the car  had been. The Japanese maple lost two big boughs...I'm ready to be done because all these branches falling make me nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Good move Tia. But you have been know for "your moves" for some time. (Not THAT long) 

"Sorry for your loss" TVg. Can't just pop a new tree that size in a hole.

As Joyce Killmer reminds us, "But only God can make a tree".
(01-04-2017, 02:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Sad Sad     Yeah, the neighbors lost a tree.  I went out and moved my car to a safer spot 20 minutes before a big branch fell where the car  had been. The Japanese maple lost two big boughs...I'm ready to be done because all these branches falling make me nervous as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

Good move Tia. But you have been know for "your moves" for some time. (Not THAT long) 

LOL , it is a loss. That tree came from a one gallon red bucket, (A Christmas thing) from Harry and David about 15 years ago.
I cut it up and got it out of the road already.
(01-04-2017, 01:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 01:27 PM)cletus1 Wrote:

I have two PB accounts and when my PC crashed a couple of years ago I lost one. I've never been able to get PB to recognize my email account with them or my name.
That sucks because some of the pictures I lost were on my PB account.

You're joking about the weed right? Those are willows, poplars and plumb trees.Smiling
I have not thrown out my old computer, so I will see of my son can't help me recover my photos and possibly keep my original account. Photobucket wont let me open a new account under my old user name because someone has that name. Yeah, and that someone is me, now open this god damned door! 

Yeah, I was joking about the weed plants.
(01-04-2017, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

LOL , it is a loss. That tree came from a one gallon red bucket, (A Christmas thing) from Harry and David about 15 years ago.

What? No memorial service? At my place, if we lose a tree we do the required obligatory dances, sacrifice a chicken (an old skinny one) and fast for forty days and forty nights. 
Well, Mrs. Wonky does. 
I have a cup of coffee and 6 or 8 cookies and provide moral support.
(01-04-2017, 02:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 02:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What? No memorial service? At my place, if we lose a tree we do the required obligatory dances, sacrifice a chicken (an old skinny one) and fast for forty days and forty nights. 
Well, Mrs. Wonky does. 
I have a cup of coffee and 6 or 8 cookies and provide moral support.

The tree will get a viking style funeral, if you know what I mean Razz funny thing is I told the wife last night that a lot of trees will fall or have branches broken and being the doofus I am I didn't think about MY trees.
(01-04-2017, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: The tree will get a viking style funeral, if you know what I mean Razz funny thing is I told the wife last night that a lot of trees will fall or have branches broken and being the doofus I am I didn't think about MY trees.

Is there something you could have done to prevent it?
(01-04-2017, 03:35 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 03:27 PM)tvguy Wrote: The tree will get a viking style funeral, if you know what I mean Razz funny thing is I told the wife last night that a lot of trees will fall or have branches broken and being the doofus I am I didn't think about MY trees.

That's not what I meant but actually yes.

Last night I did walk around and shook the snow off off my little palm tree and some of my bamboo. Plus some of the trees around my pond, I couldn't see that tree that fell unless I walked to the front

If I had it's possible I could have seen it leaning and shook the branches to knock off the snow. I did that this morning to a tree just as big and helped it out somewhat.
(01-04-2017, 03:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Last night I did walk around and shook the snow off off my little palm tree and some of my bamboo. Plus some of the trees around my pond, I couldn't see that tree that fell unless I walked to the front

If I had it's possible I could have seen it leaning and shook the branches to knock off the snow. I did that this morning to a tree just as big and helped it out somewhat.

I can see that helping for smaller trees, but I guess the lager trees are on their own. The reason I ask is we are looking for our first Oregon property.
(01-04-2017, 04:16 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I can see that helping for smaller trees, but I guess the lager trees are on their own. The reason I ask is we are looking for our first Oregon property.

Buy a Single Wide
Park it on BLM land.
Move it every week.
Park at Walmart once in awhile.
Don't pay licence fees...they can't fine what they can't catch.
Buy a gun. Maybe two. BIG ones.
Think of a really good "handle" for your CB radio chatter. 
Claim to a native "mossback" born in Drain, Oregon to a logging family.
Learn to dip snuff and enjoy cheap beer. 

Life can be good.

I spent time shaking snow off trees and branches that I could reach last night.  I have smallish Japanese maple, that both times visibly lifted when the snow was shaken off.  The neighbors have a similarly sized/shaped plum tree that is probably a bit younger than my maple. It fell over completely. Could have been the shaking that prevented mine from a similar fate or something entirely different.
(01-04-2017, 05:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I spent time shaking snow off trees and branches that I could reach last night.  I have smallish Japanese maple, that both times visibly lifted when the snow was shaken off.  The neighbors have a similarly sized/shaped plum tree that is probably a bit younger than my maple. It fell over completely. Could have been the shaking that prevented mine from a similar fate or something entirely different.
You likely saved it.
(01-04-2017, 05:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 05:04 PM)Juniper Wrote:

You likely saved it.

I'm not positive, but I think you get the Presidential Medal of Citizenship (or something) for that. 
But no money.
Only the cheap metal medal. With a ribbon. Red, white, and blue.
BUT WAIT!
The GOP is in control. I bet NOW you get money for stuff like that. (The hell with the national debt). 
I can't wait to vote for Mr. Trump again. (But hope the money is better next time)
I shook my fruit trees, didn't want a snow pruning job.
(01-04-2017, 06:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: I shook my fruit trees, didn't want a snow pruning job.

I have plumb trees all over the place. We don't ever eat the plumbs. They were here when I moved here 27 years ago.
It was two old half dead trees in my front yard.They stayed that was until a few years back when I ran an irrigation line to some other trees.
I put them on it also and they spread like crazy and now I don't have to look at my neighbors POS old mobile home that he's never even bothered to put skirting on.

There's a trailer behind those trees LOL

[Image: 1zxabz5.jpg]
(01-04-2017, 07:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 06:03 PM)chuck white Wrote: I shook my fruit trees, didn't want a snow pruning job.

I have plumb trees all over the place. We don't ever eat the plumbs. They were here when I moved here 27 years ago.
It was two old half dead trees in my front yard.They stayed that was until a few years back when I ran an irrigation line to some other trees.
I put them on it also and they spread like crazy and now I don't have to look at my neighbors POS old mobile home that he's never even bothered to put skirting on.

I had (have) some plums in my back yard. I swear everyone that lands on the ground grows. They are a constant battle to keep control of them.   Sad
(01-04-2017, 07:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I had (have) some plums in my back yard. I swear everyone that lands on the ground grows. They are a constant battle to keep control of them.   Sad

Sounds like you've gone plum local.

I knew plums grew on trees, but had no idea plumb bobs did, if anyone could grow a plumb Bob, it would be TV.
(01-04-2017, 07:59 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Our dog eats them as they rot in the ground and ferment. I swear he gets high