What would the forum be like without OL, Hugo ,SFLIB ,Capitalist pig
(01-20-2017, 07:06 AM)Hugo Wrote: Happy Inauguration Day! Laughing

For millions of our fellow countrymen (and women) it will be a wonderful day filled with all the hope and change a new administration brings. 

All politicians promise more than can be delivered. That's just the nature of our political system. We won't fault Mr. Trump for all those things he promised but can't deliver. 

We hope that president Trump can rise above the shallow and often crude behavior of his past and assume the posture necessary to lead a nation in distress. All the posturing and one line simple solutions to complex problem will now require in-depth study and cooperation with staff and advisers from many places in our government. 

For the sake of the nation, we can only wish him well and trust that the hope and change he has promised can be implemented as quickly as possible. His decisions, actions, and policies will face the same scrutiny as his predecessor, and "the loyal opposition" will be as attentive as the previous political actors were in the last administration.

Happy inauguration day, indeed! It may be the best day of his term in office.
(01-20-2017, 09:50 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

For millions of our fellow countrymen (and women) it will be a wonderful day filled with all the hope and change a new administration brings. 

All politicians promise more than can be delivered. That's just the nature of our political system. We won't fault Mr. Trump for all those things he promised but can't deliver. 

We hope that president Trump can rise above the shallow and often crude behavior of his past and assume the posture necessary to lead a nation in distress. All the posturing and one line simple solutions to complex problem will now require in-depth study and cooperation with staff and advisers from many places in our government. 

For the sake of the nation, we can only wish him well and trust that the hope and change he has promised can be implemented as quickly as possible. His decisions, actions, and policies will face the same scrutiny as his predecessor, and "the loyal opposition" will be as attentive as the previous political actors were in the last administration.

"We won't fault"  "We hope that president"  "we can only wish"

We who? The Wonky organization? Laughing Laughing
(01-20-2017, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Many believe when president Lincoln spoke at Gettysburg, his emphasis was not WE the people, but we, THE PEOPLE.

So TVg, my remarks are general and because I'm not the only one aware of Mr. Trumps activities today, and assume the country is watching and listening, I used the pronoun "we". 

However, is you feel my tone is arrogant or assuming, I'll make an effort in the future to make sure I'm expressing only my single opinion. 

Good work in monitoring the hall by the way.  Laughing
(01-20-2017, 01:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 12:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Many believe when president Lincoln spoke at Gettysburg, his emphasis was not WE the people, but we, THE PEOPLE.

So TVg, my remarks are general and because I'm not the only one aware of Mr. Trumps activities today, and assume the country is watching and listening, I used the pronoun "we". 

However, is you feel my tone is arrogant or assuming, I'll make an effort in the future to make sure I'm expressing only my single opinion. 

Good work in monitoring the hall by the way.  Laughing

No wonky I don't think the tone is arrogant or assuming. I just think it's funny. And you talk the same way when it's not about what people are thinking about Trump.
I said a LONG LONG time ago that a lot of your posts sound as if you are speaking from the back of a train.There's nothing wrong with it. I'm just messing with ya.

Like this one. it's funny to me hence the Laughing Laughing Laughing thingabobs

BY the way damn it you didn't say anything about the grandpa Jones video I posted in the music thread. Sad