Now, what did Trump do?
(01-21-2017, 11:43 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 10:32 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 09:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 12:37 AM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-20-2017, 10:29 PM)Cuzz Wrote: Getting an early start on helping the average working folks.
Hmm the average working folk I know don't have poor credit problems...Helping someone get a place they can't afford helps no one. Who do you think covers the default??  If you are so concerned no one is stopping you from writing a check and supporting those you feel need help....

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Your scenario is bogus. Admittedly there are some defaults just as there are in conventional loans. They are a small percentage of total cases. My first house (and only my first house) was purchased on an FHA loan not because of bad credit but because I didn't have any credit. I buy using cash not loans, always have. You and others always seem to pick the worst case and then condemn everyone as equally guilty. That's dishonest.
Hmm heard of 2007,2008 how did that happen??  It's called people not paying their loans. Lol lol  brought on by credit that they should never had. Good grief. No I don't want to argue about what brought that on..

Yeah, I'm getting that about you. You want to state your belief of what brought something on and then "I don't want to argue about what brought that on".

You wear blinders my friend. So I'm going to give you my understanding of that event anyway.

I think there is a lot of blame to go around. Yes there were some people who took advantage of the loans being offered at the time. Not all (maybe not most) were not necessarily poor or working poor. A lot defaulted because they couldn't afford the loan or they lost their jobs in the crash or whatever. A lot didn't and struggled through as best they could in good faith. Others gambled intentionally and lost. That's on them.

A lot of bankers figured a way to take advantage of the situation and made hay for themselves. They did that knowing full well what they were doing. Just because it was legal (sort of) doesn't mean they were not culpable.

There were a bunch of realtors and loan brokers who jumped in with both feet and promoted loans to people they knew couldn't afford them and might not have even understood the details of the loans. Not everyone is a wiz at finance. If you don't ask the right questions you don't always get all the right information. I know that from my own experiences with some of them.

Then there are the politicians. They screwed up in the rule making process. Both parties deserve some blame. They messed up when they made the rules and they ignored the problems they made and failed to fix them even when they saw exactly what was happening. They generally all have an aversion to admitting they made a mistake. Better for them to let it blow up and point fingers elsewhere.

I would agree with you that some home buyers deserve blame but not all of them and not all the blame. That rightly should be assigned to all that had a hand in the debacle. Picking one party, usually the least able to defend themselves and heaping all the scorn upon them is taking the easy way out in order to think you've solved the problem. It's rarely that simple.

Thanks for taking time to "flush that out". Well said, and I hope it adds good information and clarity to the discussion. 

Complex stuff, but all things being equal I think you completed the thought. 

Lots of blame, from lots of folks, to go around.
(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Shortly after Donald Trump was sworn in as president on Friday, the White House said that eliminating power plant climate rules, a clean water rule and other environmental regulations would “greatly help American workers, increasing wages by more than $30 billion over the next 7 years.”

The statement, included on the White House’s website to justify Trump’s drive to eliminate environmental rules affecting the energy sector, was a distortion. And if it was true, it would represent wage gains equivalent to less than $20 per American every year.

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/trump...-day-21098

Fuck the water, fuck the air. Just give me the $20
Just to make your day chuck and this is from a ways back and the county voting to approve the gravel pit in sunny Valley. After reading some of your asinine arguments about gravel pit mine I made a special point to call one of the county commissioners ( I have two of the three personal phone numbers) I already knew what the others stance was ( positive) had a nice lunch meeting and lobbied hard for the pit. I hope my input was part of the reason for their vote as I was thinking of you. ( don't worry all above board as no lunch or goodies were exchanged for " favors" ) a simple meeting for talking about lots of things. Cheers ( just to be very clear, not you, just your asinine arguments..)

(01-21-2017, 12:37 PM)capitalist pig Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Shortly after Donald Trump was sworn in as president on Friday, the White House said that eliminating power plant climate rules, a clean water rule and other environmental regulations would “greatly help American workers, increasing wages by more than $30 billion over the next 7 years.”

The statement, included on the White House’s website to justify Trump’s drive to eliminate environmental rules affecting the energy sector, was a distortion. And if it was true, it would represent wage gains equivalent to less than $20 per American every year.

Just to make your day chuck and this is from a ways back and the county voting to approve the gravel pit in sunny Valley.  After reading some of your asinine arguments about gravel pit mine I made a special point to call one of the county commissioners  ( I have two of the three personal phone numbers)  I already knew what the others stance was ( positive)  had a nice lunch meeting and lobbied hard for the pit. I hope my input was part of the reason for their vote as I was thinking of you.   ( don't worry all above board as no lunch or goodies were exchanged for " favors" ) a simple meeting for talking about lots of things. Cheers         ( just to be very clear, not you, just your asinine arguments..)

Typical rich guy, sticking it to the people who don't worship money.
I hope your money God is pleased.
Quote:Donald Trump's incoming administration has wasted no time setting as official policy the renegotiation of the North American Free Trade Agreement and the withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership, moves send shock waves through the automotive industry.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars.../96918094/
(01-22-2017, 07:24 AM)chuck white Wrote:

Just to make your day chuck and this is from a ways back and the county voting to approve the gravel pit in sunny Valley.  After reading some of your asinine arguments about gravel pit mine I made a special point to call one of the county commissioners  ( I have two of the three personal phone numbers)  I already knew what the others stance was ( positive)  had a nice lunch meeting and lobbied hard for the pit. I hope my input was part of the reason for their vote as I was thinking of you.   ( don't worry all above board as no lunch or goodies were exchanged for " favors" ) a simple meeting for talking about lots of things. Cheers         ( just to be very clear, not you, just your asinine arguments..)

I made a special point to call one of the county commissioners  ( I have two of the three personal phone numbers) 

Either a liar or a braggart who NEEDS to prop himself up. And we were supposed to be impressed by that Laughing Laughing

Rich guy? I doubt it
(01-22-2017, 02:34 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I made a special point to call one of the county commissioners  ( I have two of the three personal phone numbers) 

Either a liar or a braggart who NEEDS to prop himself up. And we were supposed to be impressed by that Laughing Laughing

Rich guy? I doubt it

I know a guy who would brag that they had the brother of Joe Biden as their lobbyist.He made a big deal out of it.
Every time he mentioned it, all that came to my mind, was the brother of Jimmy Carter. Laughing

I have been WAITING for this.  I knew someone would hate on CP just because of his success.  Typical envy of what hard work has done for him.   Laughing
(01-22-2017, 03:45 PM)Hugo Wrote:

I have been WAITING for this.  I knew someone would hate on CP just because of his success.  Typical envy of what hard work has done for him.   Laughing

If CP has enjoyed the benefits of hard work, good decisions, the building of a network to enable success, some luck, and perhaps some tax benefits often afforded business people, I applaud his efforts and success. 

But HUGO, you ended your comment with "what hard work has done for him". You know full well that over the ages men and women have worked hard, and long, and struggled "from pay check to pay check". 

Hard work, playing by the rules, and simply making good decisions does not lead many of us to "success" as often defined. 

Look closely at the lives of those who accumulate capital and you will see a combination of luck, help from others, and simply being in the right place at the right time. 

Hard work is necessary. So are many other factors.
(01-22-2017, 05:39 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 03:45 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-21-2017, 07:30 AM)chuck white Wrote: http://www.climatecentral.org/news/trump...-day-21098

If CP has enjoyed the benefits of hard work, good decisions, the building of a network to enable success, some luck, and perhaps some tax benefits often afforded business people, I applaud his efforts and success. 

But HUGO, you ended your comment with "what hard work has done for him". You know full well that over the ages men and women have worked hard, and long, and struggled "from pay check to pay check". 

Hard work, playing by the rules, and simply making good decisions does not lead many of us to "success" as often defined. 

Look closely at the lives of those who accumulate capital and you will see a combination of luck, help from others, and simply being in the right place at the right time. 

Hard work is necessary. So are many other factors.

And YOU know, all of those other "factors" you speak of can be present, but will mean NOTHING if you don't do the WORK.

Or maybe you don't.
The progressive left have NOTHING to sway the sheep without demonizing the "rich" first, and making them believe that ANYONE with more money somehow got it in an illegitimate way.
(01-22-2017, 05:49 PM)Hugo Wrote: The progressive left have NOTHING to sway the sheep without demonizing the "rich" first, and making them believe that ANYONE with more money somehow got it in an illegitimate way.

We can also still demonize gun owners. Razz

(and lawyers too)
(01-22-2017, 06:24 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 05:49 PM)Hugo Wrote: The progressive left have NOTHING to sway the sheep without demonizing the "rich" first, and making them believe that ANYONE with more money somehow got it in an illegitimate way.

(and lawyers too)

Sure!  And the Military, the Flag and even the Founders.  Carry on with what your doing...  It appears to be working..... Laughing
(01-22-2017, 06:28 PM)Hugo Wrote:

(and lawyers too)

Sure!  And the Military, the Flag and even the Founders.  Carry on with what your doing...  It appears to be working..... Laughing
Hugo, I think Chuck's comment was at least somewhat satirical. 

But, to your your comment "The progressive left have NOTHING to sway the sheep without demonizing the "rich" first, and making them believe that ANYONE with more money somehow got it in an illegitimate way".

Really? I guess if labels are necessary I'd be "progressive left" (Definitely not progressive right). But I sure don't subscribe to your feeling that "ANYONE with money got it in an illegitimate way". 

Where' does that come from? It paints a picture of those on the "progressive left" that is without any substance and those kind of comments can mislead and cause harm.
(01-23-2017, 10:52 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

(and lawyers too)

But, to your your comment "The progressive left have NOTHING to sway the sheep without demonizing the "rich" first, and making them believe that ANYONE with more money somehow got it in an illegitimate way".

Really? I guess if labels are necessary I'd be "progressive left" (Definitely not progressive right). But I sure don't subscribe to your feeling that "ANYONE with money got it in an illegitimate way". 

Where' does that come from? It paints a picture of those on the "progressive left" that is without any substance and those kind of comments can mislead and cause harm.

Wonky, the sooner you accept that what Larry, OL, SFL et al proclaim on this site is their vision of reality. It's exactly as TV says, a regurgitation of the "news sites" and talk radio that has convinced them their "reality" is correct and there is no reason to use their own minds. 

I know you've met Larry irl and I'm sure he is capable of presenting a normal public image of himself, but what you see here in this forum is his true self and his true reality for all to see.

As I've said many times, it's good to know who your neighbors are.

(and lawyers too)

Jesus fucking Christ, Wonky, ya think so????  So was my response to him.

(and lawyers too)

Where' does that come from?

Fox news and any other far right wing entertainers.
(01-23-2017, 11:51 AM)Hugo Wrote:

(and lawyers too)

Wonky has trouble with humor. Laughing
(01-23-2017, 02:06 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 11:51 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(01-22-2017, 06:24 PM)chuck white Wrote: We can also still demonize gun owners. Razz

(and lawyers too)

Wonky has trouble with humor. Laughing

No, Wonky has trouble with folks who somtimes don't know how to express humor.

The posts above, if really satirical, we not obviously so.
(01-23-2017, 04:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: No, Wonky has trouble with folks who somtimes don't know how to express humor.

No you don't have trouble with humor. Well maybe Chucks, but I assume many do. Trumpsters follow the lead of their hero and always walk back their real thoughts if they realize those thoughts are considered abnormal.
(01-23-2017, 07:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(01-23-2017, 04:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: No, Wonky has trouble with folks who somtimes don't know how to express humor.

No you don't have trouble with humor. Well maybe Chucks, but I assume many do. Trumpsters follow the lead of their hero and always walk back their real thoughts if they realize those thoughts are considered abnormal.

Yeah, and they don't seem to be naturals with the whole satire thing.   Confused