"Stupid Is As Stupid Does"
"Resisting" the policies of the Trump administration will require political power. As the Tea Party demonstrated so well, that power comes from the local and state positions fostered by active participation in promoting and electing people who will legislate the laws necessary to keep our democracy in good balance and reasonable views. 

The news report below is not a good example of how to achieve these things and I don't support this kind demonstration. 

PORTLAND
Protesters face off with police 
The Associated Press
PORTLAND — A small but unruly group of 'Not My Presidents Day' protesters faced off with police in downtown Portland.
The Oregonian/OregonLive reports that the police confronted the crowd in front of the Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building on Monday. Police took some people into custody.
The crowd of several dozen, some wearing masks, were gathering for a 'Not My Presidents Day' rally in protest of Donald Trump.
Police lined up facing the protesters on Southwest Third Avenue. The incident partially blocked the road.
At noon, a larger crowd gathered at Director Park under the canopy in the rain.
After listening to speeches, some started marching. Portland police say the march had permits from the city.
When are you running for City Council?
(02-22-2017, 09:52 AM)bbqboy Wrote: When are you running for City Council?

I assume that's a rhetorical question. 
If not: No, I'm not running for anything, nor from anything. 

So, care to contribute anything to the Topic? If not we are always happy to read your stream of consciousness posts. Maybe you could report on a recent dream? That's always fun.
(02-22-2017, 10:31 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

So, care to contribute anything to the Topic? If not we are always happy to read your stream of consciousness posts. Maybe you could report on a recent dream? That's always fun.
Always good for a belittling irrelevant comment. 
Funny. I know one of my junk dealing friends who did exactly that. He has a store in DT Medford. He didn't win a seat.
But he did make the effort. So whatever. 
Sit here and bitch and whine like David Brooks. 
Me, I don't want to lose what little I have after the 2008 depression. I turn 65 this year and I'd like to survive and prosper, not be kicked to the curb.
(02-22-2017, 05:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Funny. I know one of my junk dealing friends who did exactly that. He has a store in DT Medford. He didn't win a seat.
Me, I don't want to lose what little I have after the 2008 depression. I turn 65 this year and I'd like to survive and prosper, not be kicked to the curb.

Then, I wish you the best! I remember 65...good to be young! (I think Carter was in office). 

David Brooks bitches and whines? Really? (If you ever have time and nothing else to do, do a search for him on You Tube and listen to a bright and funny guy)

Hope you don't get anywhere near that curb.
(02-22-2017, 05:57 PM)bbqboy Wrote:

Would you settle for survive?