So, you think the NYT is dying?
https://www.wired.com/2017/02/new-york-t...ournalism/

The main goal isn’t simply to maximize revenue from advertising—the strategy that keeps the lights on and the content free at upstarts like the Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and Vox. It’s to transform the Times’ digital subscriptions into the main engine of a billion-dollar business, one that could pay to put reporters on the ground in 174 countries even if (OK, when) the printing presses stop forever. To hit that mark, the Times is embarking on an ambitious plan inspired by the strategies of Netflix, Spotify, and HBO: invest heavily in a core offering (which, for the Times, is journalism) while continuously adding new online services and features (from personalized fitness advice and interactive newsbots to virtual reality films) so that a subscription becomes indispensable to the lives of its existing subscribers and more attractive to future ones. “We think that there are many, many, many, many people—millions of people all around the world—who want what The New York Times offers,” says Dean Baquet, the Times’ executive editor. “And we believe that if we get those people, they will pay, and they will pay greatly.”
(03-13-2017, 05:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: https://www.wired.com/2017/02/new-york-t...ournalism/

The main goal isn’t simply to maximize revenue from advertising—the strategy that keeps the lights on and the content free at upstarts like the Huffington Post, BuzzFeed, and Vox. It’s to transform the Times’ digital subscriptions into the main engine of a billion-dollar business, one that could pay to put reporters on the ground in 174 countries even if (OK, when) the printing presses stop forever. To hit that mark, the Times is embarking on an ambitious plan inspired by the strategies of Netflix, Spotify, and HBO: invest heavily in a core offering (which, for the Times, is journalism) while continuously adding new online services and features (from personalized fitness advice and interactive newsbots to virtual reality films) so that a subscription becomes indispensable to the lives of its existing subscribers and more attractive to future ones. “We think that there are many, many, many, many people—millions of people all around the world—who want what The New York Times offers,” says Dean Baquet, the Times’ executive editor. “And we believe that if we get those people, they will pay, and they will pay greatly.”

“We think that there are many, many, many, many people—millions of people all around the world—who want what The New York Times offers,” says Dean Baquet, the Times’ executive editor. “And we believe that if we get those people, they will pay, and they will pay greatly.”

An "editor chose to say many, many, many, many ?

I think the guy is full  of sh.... err I mean hope LOL We will see. I don't see the big deal we don't need newspapers anymore, we have facebook.
(03-13-2017, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 05:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: https://www.wired.com/2017/02/new-york-t...ournalism/

“We think that there are many, many, many, many people—millions of people all around the world—who want what The New York Times offers,” says Dean Baquet, the Times’ executive editor. “And we believe that if we get those people, they will pay, and they will pay greatly.”

I think the guy is full  of sh.... err I mean hope LOL We will see. I don't see the big deal we don't need newspapers anymore, we have facebook.

I think that qualifies as a trumpism.   Smiling

Actually, I be willing to pay but not greatly.
(03-13-2017, 06:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I do pay. Not greatly. 
And yeah, and editor writing MANY, MANY MANY? 
Oh..."Executive editor". The guy who comes in for drinks and lunch.
(03-13-2017, 07:17 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I do pay. Not greatly. 
You left of a "many" Confused Razz
(03-13-2017, 07:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I do pay. Not greatly. 

I'm old and tired.  Sad
(03-13-2017, 07:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 06:01 PM)tvguy Wrote: “We think that there are many, many, many, many people—millions of people all around the world—who want what The New York Times offers,” says Dean Baquet, the Times’ executive editor. “And we believe that if we get those people, they will pay, and they will pay greatly.”

I do pay. Not greatly. 

I'm old and tired.  Sad
Me too. Just came in from the shop. I started assembling my Gazzeber.
(03-13-2017, 09:07 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 07:24 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(03-13-2017, 06:50 PM)Cuzz Wrote: I think that qualifies as a trumpism.   Smiling

I do pay. Not greatly. 

I'm old and tired.  Sad
Me too. Just came in from the shop. I started assembling my Gazzeber.

I think there was one many too many.

or was that one many two many?