So, apparently Shaquille O'Neal is a flat-Earther, too
Isn't geography fascinating.
https://sports.yahoo.com/news/so-apparen...13782.html

I’m sorry to break it to you, but Shaquille O’Neal is apparently a flat-Earther, too. Actually, I’m not sorry at all. I love this NBA narrative so, so much, and I’d like to thank Shaq for breathing more life into it
Cleveland Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving was the first NBA player to reveal his flat-Earth beliefs, summarized as such: “Can you really think of us rotating around the sun, and all planets align, rotating in specific dates, being perpendicular with what’s going on with these ‘planets’ and stuff like this?”
Soon afterwards, Denver Nuggets wing Wilson Chandler and Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green endorsed Irving’s flat-Earth theory, with the latter explaining away NASA’s photos of the planet from space by suggesting everyone can manipulate doctored photos of the globe on their phones.

The NBA storyline became so outrageous commissioner Adam Silver had to address it in his annual state-of-the-league address at the All-Star Game, clarifying, “I believe the world is round,” and suggesting Irving was making some broader social commentary about fake news in this country.
Which, no he wasn’t. Irving doubled down on his flat-Earth theory this past week, before detailing his lucid dreaming skills and informing us how an ex-teammate came to him in a dream to say goodbye.
These are all very real things that NBA players have said.
This is one wild theme to the 2016-17 NBA season, and Shaq just made it wilder when asked about Irving’s flat-Earth theory on his podcast. This was his response, through a series of interruptions:
[Image: C7P21OtUwAA-9GP.jpg:large]
Does that mean he has flat feet also?
A 360 degree angle?
(03-20-2017, 02:59 PM)tornado Wrote: Isn't geography fascinating.

I’m sorry to break it to you, but Shaquille O’Neal is apparently a flat-Earther, too. Actually, I’m not sorry at all. I love this NBA narrative so, so much, and I’d like to thank Shaq for breathing more life into it
Cleveland Cavaliers star Kyrie Irving was the first NBA player to reveal his flat-Earth beliefs, summarized as such: “Can you really think of us rotating around the sun, and all planets align, rotating in specific dates, being perpendicular with what’s going on with these ‘planets’ and stuff like this?”
Soon afterwards, Denver Nuggets wing Wilson Chandler and Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green endorsed Irving’s flat-Earth theory, with the latter explaining away NASA’s photos of the planet from space by suggesting everyone can manipulate doctored photos of the globe on their phones.

The NBA storyline became so outrageous commissioner Adam Silver had to address it in his annual state-of-the-league address at the All-Star Game, clarifying, “I believe the world is round,” and suggesting Irving was making some broader social commentary about fake news in this country.
Which, no he wasn’t. Irving doubled down on his flat-Earth theory this past week, before detailing his lucid dreaming skills and informing us how an ex-teammate came to him in a dream to say goodbye.
This is one wild theme to the 2016-17 NBA season, and Shaq just made it wilder when asked about Irving’s flat-Earth theory on his podcast. This was his response, through a series of interruptions:

It sounds to me like he is kidding. But I don't understand  why so many don't understand the concept that Europeans discovered America?
So what if natives were here. Natives were in dozens of countries " DISCOVERED" by Europeans.
(03-20-2017, 05:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It sounds to me like he is kidding. But I don't understand  why so many don't understand the concept that Europeans discovered America?
So what if natives were here. Natives were in dozens of countries " DISCOVERED" by Europeans.

It's quite obvious by his description that America was discovered by the hippies  before Columbus got here.   Cool
(03-20-2017, 06:07 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(03-20-2017, 05:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's quite obvious by his description that America was discovered by the hippies  before Columbus got here.   Cool

I heard of hippies, that in the 60's, took too much acid and they disappeared. Now we know when they went.