Your ISP, browsing history, and what to do about it
This is a really good, easy to understand blog post from Malwarebytes.

Quote:In late March, Congress approved a bill lifting restrictions imposed on ISPs last year concerning what they could do with information such as customer browsing habits, app usage history, location data, and Social Security numbers. They additionally absolved ISPs of the need to strengthen their existing customer data holdings against hackers and thieves. For more on the particulars of the bill, you can see reports on the Washington Post and Ars Technica. Given that the repealed restrictions hadn’t yet come into effect, the immediate impact of the new bill is somewhat unclear. But given what typically happens with massive stores of aggregated, location-specific customer data, the prognosis is not good.
So what’s the worst that can happen? Let’s run through a few probable outcomes:

https://blog.malwarebytes.com/security-w...t-yourself
I decided to run a web crawler, so my print out will be thousands of pages long.
(04-10-2017, 05:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: I decided to run a web crawler, so my print out will be thousands of pages long.

So all the sites you look at are mixed in with all the spiders sites? Did you write your own code or are there sites you can download one?
(04-10-2017, 05:50 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-10-2017, 05:29 PM)chuck white Wrote: I decided to run a web crawler, so my print out will be thousands of pages long.

So all the sites you look at are mixed in with all the spiders sites? Did you write your own code or are there sites you can download one?

As I recall there were some free ones, they let you set the level of crawl.
I planned to use it at a company, that was going to track internet uses.
They had no rules, they just wanted to monitor the traffic, to see if they needed rules.

I thought it would be funny to have a list of a million sites visited.
Big Grin