Stick a fork in it
(04-18-2017, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 09:44 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Not sure I see the connection. But you do indeed get a lot of entertainment from talking on the internet to people.
And using your real name is probably the only way to continue doing that.
Any way Paranoia is an unnecessary or an fear of something. Being afraid for little or no reason.
So if your fright is real the what are you afraid of?

I've always thought of you as being the brightest bulb in the box so you have me confused as to why you don't "get" this. Razz  I'm not afraid or paranoid, I'm careful. I'll say it again, there is no good reason to put ANY personal info for everybody in the world to see. 

With knowing just your first and last name, the state you live in, (better the city) I can easily find out a ton of stuff. 

1. Address
2. Phone number
3. Neighbors addresses and phone numbers
4. People you are related to
5. Their addresses and phone numbers
6. Businesses you may own or place of employment
7. People associated with a business you own
8. All the same things about all of them

I left out a bunch of stuff and if you pay for a service like landlords do to check out tenants the info available is endless. 

Have you heard of Nextdoor? You MUST provide proof of your address and real name to join your hood, but people there think nothing about it. They ask for dog sitters while they're on vacation for specific dates or they mention they only live part-time during summer at the house and need someone to water plants. Blink

Yes I understand that some information can be found about me   just from my name. But you didn't answer my question which was , What are you afraid of?
That's all. I get the rest. I personally just don't care. Not too long ago didn't we all have our phone number along with our address in the phone book?

Have you heard of Nextdoor? You MUST provide proof of your address and real name to join your hood, but people there think nothing about it. They ask for dog sitters while they're on vacation for specific dates or they mention they only live part-time during summer at the house and need someone to water plants.

Well of course that sounds stupid but that's a lot more than simply posting as yourself. But you have to also think that even though these idiots are announcing when they are not home it's still probably not an issue or people would get robbed and they would stop doing that LOL
I understand why you would be unwilling to say who you are IF your goal is to be on forums and argue with people.
Because there is of course a possibility that some fool could want to do you harm or more importantly your kids.
But most people on FB don't join to get in arguments with strangers.

I did answer.
(04-18-2017, 12:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 05:44 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Not sure I see the connection. But you do indeed get a lot of entertainment from talking on the internet to people.
Any way Paranoia is an unnecessary or an fear of something. Being afraid for little or no reason.

I've always thought of you as being the brightest bulb in the box so you have me confused as to why you don't "get" this. Razz  I'm not afraid or paranoid, I'm careful. I'll say it again, there is no good reason to put ANY personal info for everybody in the world to see. 

With knowing just your first and last name, the state you live in, (better the city) I can easily find out a ton of stuff. 

1. Address
2. Phone number

I left out a bunch of stuff and if you pay for a service like landlords do to check out tenants the info available is endless. 

Have you heard of Nextdoor? You MUST provide proof of your address and real name to join your hood, but people there think nothing about it. They ask for dog sitters while they're on vacation for specific dates or they mention they only live part-time during summer at the house and need someone to water plants. Blink

Yes I understand that some information can be found about me   just from my name. But you didn't answer my question which was , What are you afraid of?
That's all. I get the rest. I personally just don't care. Not too long ago didn't we all have our phone number along with our address in the phone book?

Have you heard of Nextdoor? You MUST provide proof of your address and real name to join your hood, but people there think nothing about it. They ask for dog sitters while they're on vacation for specific dates or they mention they only live part-time during summer at the house and need someone to water plants.

Well of course that sounds stupid but that's a lot more than simply posting as yourself. But you have to also think that even though these idiots are announcing when they are not home it's still probably not an issue or people would get robbed and they would stop doing that LOL
I understand why you would be unwilling to say who you are IF your goal is to be on forums and argue with people.
Because there is of course a possibility that some fool could want to do you harm or more importantly your kids.

I did answer.
Whatever. You said.......I'm not afraid or paranoid, I'm careful. I'll say it again, there is no good reason to"

How does that answer my question which was ... What are you afraid of?
(04-18-2017, 01:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

1. Address
2. Phone number

I did answer.
Whatever. You said.......I'm not afraid or paranoid, I'm careful. I'll say it again, there is no good reason to"

I'm not afraid.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
(04-18-2017, 11:10 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 09:42 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 08:23 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 05:17 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 07:59 AM)Valuesize Wrote: I didn't have one handy so I went the other way, which was a pic with my daughter on my lap when she was two.

Freakin' brilliant! They'll never be able to guess which one you are!   Laughing

I Photoshopped "Me" on my forehead.  Razz

I think I'm getting better. 

LOL haven't seen that in a long time. Did you know that movie won the award for the best movie ever made?

That's what The Dude said at least. 

But WHAT award?  Smiling
(04-18-2017, 03:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-17-2017, 09:44 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I've always thought of you as being the brightest bulb in the box so you have me confused as to why you don't "get" this. Razz  I'm not afraid or paranoid, I'm careful. I'll say it again, there is no good reason to put ANY personal info for everybody in the world to see. 

1. Address
2. Phone number

I did answer.

Yeah, the question was answered. Just because TVguy doesn't think there's no good reason doesn't mean there's no good reason. Maybe there's a psycho ex out there or something. Never know.   Razz
(04-18-2017, 05:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 11:05 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yes I understand that some information can be found about me   just from my name. But you didn't answer my question which was , What are you afraid of?

I did answer.

Yeah, the question was answered. Just because TVguy doesn't think there's no good reason doesn't mean there's no good reason. Maybe there's a psycho ex out there or something. Never know.   Razz

I thought I clearly answered. Smiling
(04-18-2017, 05:48 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 05:15 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 12:00 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I did answer.

I thought I clearly answered. Smiling

Yes maybe there's a psycho or maybe you are afraid someone will steal your identity.. this is what I assumed your answer would be.
Anyway off to get the dog fixed. I don't know what that means I guess she got broke? Don't know.... Haven't been up this early since Billy beer.
(04-19-2017, 07:20 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yes maybe there's a psycho or maybe you are afraid someone will steal your identity.. this is what I assumed your answer would be.
Anyway off to get the dog fixed. I don't know what that means I guess she got broke? Don't know.... Haven't been up this early since Billy beer.

$5. a can.  Big Grin

https://www.ebay.com/p/?iid=122451120473...rue&chn=ps
(04-19-2017, 07:24 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 07:20 AM)tvguy Wrote: Yes maybe there's a psycho or maybe you are afraid someone will steal your identity.. this is what I assumed your answer would be.

$5. a can.  Big Grin

Yeah I know it's value I still have about 2 six packs from a case I bought about 10 years ago LOL
It's not worth selling on ebay to me. I've given away a few cans to friends and sold a couple at at yard sale

BTW whenever you look at ebay for a value, click on items SOLD. Sometimes what people are ASKING is not what they ever get.
(04-19-2017, 02:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-19-2017, 07:24 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

$5. a can.  Big Grin

Yeah I know it's value I still have about 2 six packs from a case I bought about 10 years ago LOL
It's not worth selling on ebay to me. I've given away a few cans to friends and sold a couple at at yard sale

BTW whenever you look at ebay for a value, click on items SOLD. Sometimes what people are ASKING is not what they ever get.

I found recycled Billy beer was cheaper, and taste the same.
(08-12-2017, 01:15 AM)argonman Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 09:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 05:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote: I get a new IP address every time I cycle power on my modem. I doubt that you have a perminate IP address. That cost extra.

google "what is my IP"
Write down the number it gives you and turn your modem off and then back on after it reconnects, check again.

Yes it changed. Thanks.

So did you get booted for using a fake name or were you joking? Anyway WARS is an offshoot Of Jackson County scanner group. so you can find it through that this site...http://jacksoncountyscanner.com/

I don't think, for them, it's about IP address.  They have a group of Admins, who, by the way, do not act as moderators. They do what they like, without apology or explanation.  But I think for an IP change, they would have to have some suspicion about it to want to delete the account.  It's not like the forum by any means of the word.

What in the world does an IP address have anything remotely to do with a facebook group and the ability to join one?

Beats me Steve
(08-12-2017, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 09:15 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 06:49 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 05:41 PM)Valuesize Wrote: Yes it changed. Thanks.

So did you get booted for using a fake name or were you joking? Anyway WARS is an offshoot Of Jackson County scanner group. so you can find it through that this site...http://jacksoncountyscanner.com/

I don't think, for them, it's about IP address.  They have a group of Admins, who, by the way, do not act as moderators. They do what they like, without apology or explanation.  But I think for an IP change, they would have to have some suspicion about it to want to delete the account.  It's not like the forum by any means of the word.

What in the world does an IP address have anything remotely to do with a facebook group and the ability to join one?

Beats me Steve

Somebody thought that they had their IP address blacklisted.
(08-12-2017, 08:48 PM)argonman Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 05:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 04:40 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-15-2017, 09:15 PM)Juniper Wrote: I don't think, for them, it's about IP address.  They have a group of Admins, who, by the way, do not act as moderators. They do what they like, without apology or explanation.  But I think for an IP change, they would have to have some suspicion about it to want to delete the account.  It's not like the forum by any means of the word.

Beats me Steve

Somebody thought that they had their IP address blacklisted.

Nope, Facebook does not allow you to blacklist someone by IP.  At least I've never seen the option.

Just have to ban their profile, which then they just make a new/fake one to evade the ban.

Would be kind of nice to black list IP ranges... and countries for that matter.

Well, that's what I was saying. I was never saying that admins blacklisted IP addresses, but they certainly look at them to look for fake or new ones they don't want.  I'm certain of that. Any place does that.