One Of Our Own Gets Published
One of our own good members gets published in the Mail Tribune "letters to the editors". 

Regarding Chuck Brooks’ letter, “Why serve more beer”: OK, the sheriffs responded to 180 calls for “mostly” but not all alcohol-related calls during the Country Crossings Festival. That’s for a four-day event that had up to 20,000 people who attended. Do the math: 180 out of 20,000 is less than 1 percent of the people who were a problem.

People were objecting to long lines, and fixing that will result in “Three killed in head-on crash of participants leaving the Country Crossings Festival.” I don’t think so. What I see is another attempt of allowing a minority to take away what a majority of responsible people are allowed to do.
(08-18-2017, 07:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: One of our own good members gets published in the Mail Tribune "letters to the editors". 

Regarding Chuck Brooks’ letter, “Why serve more beer”: OK, the sheriffs responded to 180 calls for “mostly” but not all alcohol-related calls during the Country Crossings Festival. That’s for a four-day event that had up to 20,000 people who attended. Do the math: 180 out of 20,000 is less than 1 percent of the people who were a problem.

People were objecting to long lines, and fixing that will result in “Three killed in head-on crash of participants leaving the Country Crossings Festival.” I don’t think so. What I see is another attempt of allowing a minority to take away what a majority of responsible people are allowed to do.

Huh?  Who?
(08-18-2017, 10:43 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 07:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: One of our own good members gets published in the Mail Tribune "letters to the editors". 

Huh?  Who?

I hope "who" was asked if he minded the notoriety.
(08-18-2017, 10:49 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

Huh?  Who?

I didn't include the name. Sure it's there...but his real name is also on FB. 
Hope I didn't "out" him. 
Embarrassed Measure twice: Cut once.
(08-18-2017, 10:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Huh?  Who?

I didn't include the name. Sure it's there...but his real name is also on FB. 
Hope I didn't "out" him. 
Embarrassed Measure twice: Cut once.

Let's just leave it at that then.

Huh?  Who?

I don't mind or care LOL. Razz
(08-18-2017, 01:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Huh?  Who?

I've done it! I reached that "Dottie" age as our Brit friends say.
I guess I was thinking (if at all) that most of our friends here live in JoCo and maybe don't read the Mail Tribune.
Bye the way: Well written piece...sums it up pretty well in my book. 
Sorry.  Sad
(08-18-2017, 01:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Huh?  Who?

I guess I was thinking (if at all) that most of our friends here live in JoCo and maybe don't read the Mail Tribune.
Sorry.  Sad
Well they can change traditional marriages and take away my rights to collect rain water . Put cameras everywhere.
 Tax me to death, take away my health care.Tear down that statue of Colonel Boreguard TVguy Johnson.

But when someone advocates taking away our beer? Its fighting time.
(08-18-2017, 02:11 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 01:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 10:43 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Huh?  Who?

Sorry.  Sad
Well they can change traditional marriages and take away my rights to collect rain water . Put cameras everywhere.
 Tax me to death, take away my health care.Tear down that statue of Colonel Boreguard TVguy Johnson.

But when someone advocates taking away our beer? Its fighting time.

Laughing Damn straight!