Stick a fork in it
(04-13-2017, 01:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-13-2017, 12:11 PM)bbqboy Wrote: The SO pot groups on FB
Have dinners concerts, all kinds of interaction. But they're private or secret; you can't see them unless you're in the group.
And VS, of course you can sign up to FB with a fake or abridged or business name.
Most don't because the idea is to connect with friends, not make enemies.

And VS, of course you can sign up to FB with a fake or abridged or business name.

But you are supposed to use your real name right? I know on the local groups if you get caught using a fake name they will kick you out.
My best friend back in KC uses his mom's maiden name because he still DJs and doesn't want to have a "Play Misty for Me' moment. Most of course, want to connect with people so the paranoid world VS is imagining doesn't exist.
Instead, it becomes a vehicle to find out that other folks share your obsessions, things like Pork tenderloins or ocean liners or ugly guitars. .
You'd also find most of the missing members from here there.
Like Close Encounters, the missing posters would magically reappear.
And just to add, the thing that makes the Neighborhood page so enjoyable-the original page creator died. Her kids are supposed to be the admins now but last week they were both in jail for probation violations. Big Grin
(04-13-2017, 01:44 PM)bbqboy Wrote:
Have dinners concerts, all kinds of interaction. But they're private or secret; you can't see them unless you're in the group.

But you are supposed to use your real name right? I know on the local groups if you get caught using a fake name they will kick you out.
My best friend back in KC uses his mom's maiden name because he still DJs and doesn't want to have a "Play Misty for Me' moment. Most of course, want to connect with people so the paranoid world VS is imagining doesn't exist.
Instead, it becomes a vehicle to find out that other folks share your obsessions, things like Pork tenderloins or ocean liners or ugly guitars. .

It's funny how this forum and being anonymous IMO was always something that led people to say things they otherwise might not say.
And I'm still sure that was/is true in some cases. But on FB after a while a lot of people just say whatever they want anyway LOL.
I know I do and no one has came to kill me......Yet. Razz

1. I don't need any more kids.  Laughing

2. I don't need to be contacted by people I knew 30 or 40 years ago thank you. Classmates.com is annoying enough.  Razz As far as I know you can't unsubscribe....

3. In one or two of my past lives I was not the "Pillar of my Community" I am now.  Twitch Laughing My kids only the Pillar Dad and I'd like to keep it that way.  Cool
(04-13-2017, 02:08 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

2. I don't need to be contacted by people I knew 30 or 40 years ago thank you. Classmates.com is annoying enough.  Razz As far as I know you can't unsubscribe....

3. In one or two of my past lives I was not the "Pillar of my Community" I am now.  Twitch Laughing My kids only the Pillar Dad and I'd like to keep it that way.  Cool

What does that mean?

You don't get contacted unless you want to. All you get is a notification that someone WANTS to contact or be your "friend". All you have to do is ignore it.

[b]As far as I know you can't unsubscribe...

[/b]Unsubscribe from what? You can unsubscribe FB if you choose

Classmates.com is annoying enough.

How so? Messages? Don't answer. I remember getting invites to class reunions when I first joined FB but I ignored it and I haven't seen anything from them in years.
(04-13-2017, 04:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What does that mean? Like if I had some kids I don't know about hunted me down through FB. It's just a dumb joke.  Happy

You don't get contacted unless you want to. All you get is a notification that someone WANTS to contact or be your "friend". All you have to do is ignore it.

[b]As far as I know you can't unsubscribe...

[/b]Unsubscribe from what? You can unsubscribe FB if you choose

Classmates.com is annoying enough.

How so? Messages? Don't answer. I remember getting invites to class reunions when I first joined FB but I ignored it and I haven't seen anything from them in years.
LOL what happened VS?  I just spent hour or so  talking to several people about dogs and sharing pictures.

I'm sure not trying to sell FB but even though it's not the long in depth conversations like Wonky wants it was very enjoyable and something that this forum can't really offer.
I guess I had a great time in my youth.  Really interesting to me to see how our lives turned out. And I had a great time in the music industry and we all talk to each other. I have Friends all over.
So I joined. Every time you do ANYTHING it posts it?  Unsure Why would anyone want to know I updated my profile picture? Or cover photo?  Dry

How do I search those groups you are in?
(04-13-2017, 08:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: So I joined. Every time you do ANYTHING it posts it?  Unsure Why would anyone want to know I updated my profile picture? Or cover photo?  Dry

OK so I found the 3 Jo Co groups. Wars needs some clarification.
This place will get busy again. See you then.  Smiling
(04-13-2017, 09:16 PM)cletus1 Wrote: This place will get busy again. See you then.  Smiling

Gawd I hope you think this is funny Clete.  Laughing I am posting this after the PM and now know you are doing better.  Embarrassed

I never posted anything. Stick a fork in Facebook. I'm DONE.  Laughing

Why was my account disabled?
Your account was disabled for violating the Facebook Terms.
Our Policies
  • Your account must list your authentic name.
  • Personal accounts must represent individual people only. It's a violation of our policies to use a personal profile to represent anything other than yourself (ex: celebrities, pets, ideas, objects, etc.).
  • Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed.
  • Maintaining multiple accounts is a violation of our policies.
  • Accounts created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.
(04-13-2017, 09:16 PM)cletus1 Wrote: This place will get busy again. See you then.  Smiling

You must still be heavily medicated Razz Wink
(04-13-2017, 11:10 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I never posted anything. Stick a fork in Facebook. I'm DONE.  Laughing

Why was my account disabled?
Your account was disabled for violating the Facebook Terms.
Our Policies
  • Your account must list your authentic name.
  • Personal accounts must represent individual people only. It's a violation of our policies to use a personal profile to represent anything other than yourself (ex: celebrities, pets, ideas, objects, etc.).
  • Impersonating anyone or anything is not allowed.
  • Maintaining multiple accounts is a violation of our policies.
  • Accounts created for the purpose of spamming or harassing others are strictly prohibited.

Did you use your real name?
(04-13-2017, 08:04 PM)Valuesize Wrote: So I joined. Every time you do ANYTHING it posts it?  Unsure Why would anyone want to know I updated my profile picture? Or cover photo?  Dry

I don't know why but only people you chose as your friends will see when you update your profile picture.
(04-14-2017, 12:17 PM)tvguy Wrote: Did you use your real name?

My stage name.  Big Grin Who knew there was a famous real person with the name Sam Sheppard? Laughing
(04-14-2017, 12:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't know why but only people you chose as your friends will see when you update your profile picture.

Well if someone gives me the full name of the WARS group I might try and join again. I may need to wait until I move and get a new IP address though. Can you change those without moving? Laughing
(04-14-2017, 04:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Well if someone gives me the full name of the WARS group I might try and join again. I may need to wait until I move and get a new IP address though. Can you change those without moving? Laughing

I get a new IP address every time I cycle power on my modem. I doubt that you have a perminate IP address. That cost extra.

google "what is my IP"
Write down the number it gives you and turn your modem off and then back on after it reconnects, check again.
(04-14-2017, 05:20 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(04-14-2017, 04:47 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I get a new IP address every time I cycle power on my modem. I doubt that you have a perminate IP address. That cost extra.

google "what is my IP"
Write down the number it gives you and turn your modem off and then back on after it reconnects, check again.

Yes it changed. Thanks.