Caption This
[Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-20-at-9.29.01-AM-1024x759.png]
(04-20-2017, 06:53 AM)GPnative Wrote: [Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-20-at-9.29.01-AM-1024x759.png]

Bad taste
in friends
(04-20-2017, 06:53 AM)GPnative Wrote: [Image: Screen-Shot-2017-04-20-at-9.29.01-AM-1024x759.png]

Classless.

"We want a do over. We'd rather have her!"

Hey baby, you want to go out to our van for a little wango tango?
(04-21-2017, 06:49 AM)GPnative Wrote:

Hey baby, you want to go out to our van for a little wango tango?

Maybe this deserves more than a simple caption? Surreal? I guess it depends on one's point of view. For me, thinking of Ted Nugent in the oval office is enough to think it should be redecorated. I'm sure Mrs. Palin reminded the president that Russia is a danger because she can see it from her back porch, and Kid Rock is a national treasure by any standards...or not! 

From the piece in the NYT: 

WASHINGTON — Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and Sarah Palin had a fete to remember at the White House for several hours Wednesday night, as President Trump treated the high-profile supporters to a white-china private dinner, a room-by-room tour and free-range policy chat.
Mr. Nugent — a guitar demigod, knife-between-the-teeth hunter and conservative provocateur — offered an inside glimpse of a gracious, relaxed and house-proud president with ample time to offer his thoughts on a wide array of topics, from entertainment to existential geopolitical perils.
“We were there for four hours, man!” Mr. Nugent, a 68-year-old Detroit native, said in a telephone interview on Thursday, using a four-letter expletive to signal his amazement at Mr. Trump’s willingness to spend so much time with his three casually dressed visitors.
“He gave us a wonderful personal tour of every room and talked about the origins of every carpet and every painting — there was a Monet — and then we had dinner,” said Mr. Nugent, who has referred to former President Barack Obama as a “mongrel” and to Hillary Clinton with an array of unflattering epithets.
The encounter included a tour of the executive residence, a grip-and-grin session with Mr. Trump in the Oval Office and an impromptu snapshot — featuring a sneering Ms. Palin — in front of Mrs. Clinton’s official portrait as the three guests and their families left through the East Wing.

Mr. Nugent said one member of the group — he wouldn’t say who — asked the three to extend their middle fingers beneath the portrait. “I politely declined,” he said. “Let the juxtaposition speak for itself.”

Sean Spicer, the White House press secretary, described the meeting as “a long-planned” token of the president’s appreciation for Ms. Palin’s support in the 2016 campaign. But Mr. Nugent said it was much more than that.
“It was like a family reunion,” he said. “None of us expected this. He showed us the bed in the Lincoln Bedroom and explained how that was where the president’s son died. He knew the designer of the chairs. He showed us the bulletproof glass.”
During dinner, which ended with flaming baked alaska in honor of Ms. Palin — who stepped away from her job as governor of that state in 2009, after serving as Senator John McCain’s running mate the year before — the president and his guests engaged in a wide-ranging conversation that Mr. Nugent said included the following topics: “health, fitness, food, rock ’n’ roll, Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley, secure borders, the history of the United States, guns, bullets, bows and arrows, North Korea, Russia” and a half-dozen other issues.
It was not clear if the president expected quite as much company. The invitation was initially extended to Ms. Palin, who promptly invited the two aging, gun-loving, stringy-haired musical bad boys — Mr. Nugent, a radio icon of the 1970s, and Kid Rock, who rode the short-lived country-rap-rock trend to fame, which included a brief marriage to the actress Pamela Anderson.
Ms. Palin, whose slashing, populist-in-pumps political style prefigured Mr. Trump’s economic nationalist message, bonded with the president, another former reality TV star. She posted a raft of pictures on her website the morning after the visit, which had not been listed on the president’s public schedule.
“President Trump’s invitation for dinner included bringing a couple of friends,” Ms. Palin wrote on her web page, which displayed behind-the-scenes snapshots with a grinning Mr. Trump.
Photo
[Image: 21visitors2-blog427.jpg]
Mr. Nugent, left, said the group was at the White House for four hours.CreditVia Sarah Palin on Facebook 
“Asked why I invited Kid Rock and Ted Nugent, I joked, ‘Because Jesus was booked,’” she wrote.
Mr. Nugent, who posed, capped in a camouflage cowboy hat, with a seated Mr. Trump in the Oval Office, was the subject of a 2012 Secret Service investigation after suggesting violence toward Mr. Obama during that year’s re-election campaign.
Not everyone was pleased with the visit.
“Ted Nugent, vile racist who called Obama a subhuman mongrel, feted by Donald Trump. Disgusting, disgraceful,” Norman Ornstein, a progressive political scientist, wrote in a Twitter message.
Kid Rock, whose legal name is Robert Ritchie, wore his signature backward fedora and easygoing expression. “I played Barack Obama’s inauguration even though I didn’t vote for him,” he told The Guardian in 2015. “I didn’t agree with his policies, but there was an exciting sense of change in the air.” However, he said, “that promise hasn’t been fulfilled. The country is more divided than ever.”
Mr. Trump had extended an invitation to Ms. Palin during the campaign, but his staff was surprised when she brought along the musical accompaniment.
One aide read the manifest of visitors and asked colleagues, “Who is Theodore Nugent?” according to a former Trump campaign official in close contact with the White House.
Mr. Nugent chortled when asked if he regretted his comments about Mr. Obama and Mrs. Clinton.
“No! I will never apologize for calling out evil people,” he said, arguing that Mr. Obama “intentionally dismantled the American dream for eight years.”

That's why pest and bug control is so important around your home. Call Orkin now! 877-480-5771

On NBC's Tonight Show, Fallon found the news that these three people visited Trump so amusing that he repeated it twice, saying their names a second time. "Sarah Palin, Ted Nugent and Kid Rock." Then, he added, "Or as they're more commonly known: the 'Redneck Holy Trinity.'"
"This really happened," said Fallon, showing the picture as evidence.
"They were going to do a silly one and then they realized that was the silly one," he joked about the picture.
[Image: 17990927_1802322653419570_77074445439715...e=598F8830]