With some people NOTHING is their fault
With some people NOTHING is their fault

Seems to be a common trend. The ability people have to rationalize their way out of responsibility is amazing.
I have a neighbor who's dogs have been a constant irritant since they moved in.
The first pair of dogs they had were running loose at all hours and making my dogs and other fenced dogs bark and wake me.
I spoke to them many many time until I finally called animal control because nothing changed. Animal control came and they gave up both of their dogs because apparently they couldn't pay for the shots and licenses  they needed.

So after a short while they got two new dogs. One of the two has ran loose at late two dozen times and again I spoke with then to no avail.
So I called animal control again. And I assume this time they got a ticket.
So at that point I"M THE BAD GUY.. he threatens to beat me up etc. My wife speaks to his wife and things settle down for a while.
But pretty soon their dog is once again loose , over and over. And I just ignore it.

So the other day the dog is loose their little boy chases it in to my neighbors yard trying to catch it. Like always. I told my buddy, hey watch that kid try and catch his dog. At that point the dog ran to my fence and was barking at my three dogs who were doing the same.
The little boy took advantage of the opportunity to grab his dog while it was distracted and when he did the dog turned around and bit him on his side.
I ran to the neighbors house and told his mom. She talks to the boy and he says MY DOG bit him????

So they call animal control and lie their ass off claiming the boy was walking the dog on a leash when for some reason the boy just leaned on my fence and my dog bit him LOL

Animal control said even IF that was true there was no crime I did nothing wrong and therefore he would not cite me like my neighbor wants.
So now this Idiot hates my guts, we have to keep our dogs inside so he doesn't poison them.
And this morning my neighbor sat in front of my house revving his engine at 7:30 waking me and at least one neighbor.
Called the Sheriff...They will do nothing. They tell me I need to work it out with this guy. Like that's EVER going to happen.
(04-28-2017, 12:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: With some people NOTHING is their fault

Seems to be a common trend. The ability people have to rationalize their way out of responsibility is amazing.
The first pair of dogs they had were running loose at all hours and making my dogs and other fenced dogs bark and wake me.
I spoke to them many many time until I finally called animal control because nothing changed. Animal control came and they gave up both of their dogs because apparently they couldn't pay for the shots and licenses  they needed.

So after a short while they got two new dogs. One of the two has ran loose at late two dozen times and again I spoke with then to no avail.
So at that point I"M THE BAD GUY.. he threatens to beat me up etc. My wife speaks to his wife and things settle down for a while.
But pretty soon their dog is once again loose , over and over. And I just ignore it.

So the other day the dog is loose their little boy chases it in to my neighbors yard trying to catch it. Like always. I told my buddy, hey watch that kid try and catch his dog. At that point the dog ran to my fence and was barking at my three dogs who were doing the same.
The little boy took advantage of the opportunity to grab his dog while it was distracted and when he did the dog turned around and bit him on his side.
I ran to the neighbors house and told his mom. She talks to the boy and he says MY DOG bit him????

So they call animal control and lie their ass off claiming the boy was walking the dog on a leash when for some reason the boy just leaned on my fence and my dog bit him LOL

Animal control said even IF that was true there was no crime I did nothing wrong and therefore he would not cite me like my neighbor wants.
So now this Idiot hates my guts, we have to keep our dogs inside so he doesn't poison them.
And this morning my neighbor sat in front of my house revving his engine at 7:30 waking me and at least one neighbor.
Called the Sheriff...They will do nothing. They tell me I need to work it out with this guy. Like that's EVER going to happen.

Well the bite marks wouldn't match,
The scary part is you said he couldn't afford the shots???

OH MY GOD.
Did that boy get bit by a dog with no rabies shot?
He should have been taken straight to the doctor and the dog quarantined.
If you know for sure the dog is not vaccinated, sounds like a call to Child protection, is in order. (for the sake of the child. )
(04-28-2017, 01:05 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Well the bite marks wouldn't match,
The scary part is you said he couldn't afford the shots???

OH MY GOD.
Did that boy get bit by a dog with no rabies shot?
He should have been taken straight to the doctor and the dog quarantined.
If you know for sure the dog is not vaccinated, sounds like a call to Child protection, is in order. (for the sake of the child. )
Bite marks... The animal control guy said he was not CSI and who's dog bit is relevant.
Plus the neighbor did somehow measure the bite marks and said it couldn't be his dog because the bite marks showed the dog was bigger than his dog.
But the fact of the matter is the dog he claimed did the biting is my rottweiler and it's a LOT smaller than their dog LOL.
These people are idiots and they trip all over their own lies.

Rabies.. I'm sure the dog had the shots required by law and probably only because I had previously turned them in.

sounds like a call to Child protection, is in order. (for the sake of the child. )

The guy thinks he is going to sue me. So if that's the case I would imagine they took their kid to see a doctor.
It would also seem logical that animal control would report the child being bitten.
I have grown to loathe a certain and growing percentage of dog owners. Folks who own dogs, especially multiples just for the sake of owning dogs really piss me off. We are surrounded on all sides by dog owners, most, like yourself are responsible and there is no problems, however another neighbor has a dog that barks constantly. They are never home and when they are the dog is ignored. It just sits at the fence and fucking barks. I have thought about calling animal control, but I don't want to end up in the same scenario as you with not only a dog issue, but a neighbor with a vendetta issue.
I'm not normally one for nanny laws, but I do think we need some laws on the books to rein in derelict dog owners, specifically in city limits. If you want 10 dogs on your 10 acre rural property fine, but these DDO (derelict dog owners) that have 3 or more ignored dogs on their postage stamp lots or just leave them kenneled up in the house all day is animal cruelty as far as I'm concerned.
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have grown to loathe a certain and growing percentage of dog owners.  Folks who own dogs, especially multiples just for the sake of owning dogs really piss me off. We are surrounded on all sides by dog owners, most, like yourself are responsible and there is no problems, however another neighbor has a dog that barks constantly. They are never home and when they are the dog is ignored. It just sits at the fence and fucking barks. I have thought about calling animal control, but I don't want to end up in the same scenario as you with not only a dog issue, but a neighbor with a vendetta issue.
I'm not normally one for nanny laws, but I do think we need some laws on the books to rein in derelict dog owners, specifically in city limits. If you want 10 dogs on your 10 acre rural property fine, but these DDO (derelict dog owners) that have 3 or more ignored dogs on their postage stamp lots or just leave them kenneled up in the house all day is animal cruelty as far as I'm concerned.
Funny you should mention neighbor has a dog that barks constantly. They are never home and when they are the dog is ignored. It just sits at the fence and fucking barks.

This same guy I'm talking about has two dogs and one of them barks whelps and whines. They just ignore it.
I can hear it when I'm out side. Almost all of last year in the evenings and this year too.
Because of all the trouble before I have never reported it. It's extremely annoying. Just about any evening when it should be quiet and relaxing I have to listen to that.
(04-28-2017, 02:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 02:05 PM)GPnative Wrote: I have grown to loathe a certain and growing percentage of dog owners.  Folks who own dogs, especially multiples just for the sake of owning dogs really piss me off. We are surrounded on all sides by dog owners, most, like yourself are responsible and there is no problems, however another neighbor has a dog that barks constantly. They are never home and when they are the dog is ignored. It just sits at the fence and fucking barks. I have thought about calling animal control, but I don't want to end up in the same scenario as you with not only a dog issue, but a neighbor with a vendetta issue.
Funny you should mention neighbor has a dog that barks constantly. They are never home and when they are the dog is ignored. It just sits at the fence and fucking barks.

This same guy I'm talking about has two dogs and one of them barks whelps and whines. They just ignore it.
I can hear it when I'm out side. Almost all of last year in the evenings and this year too.
Because of all the trouble before I have never reported it. It's extremely annoying. Just about any evening when it should be quiet and relaxing I have to listen to that.

Yup, sounds like my issue exactly. Thankfully we can't hear it IN the house, but anytime I'm outside working or just want to enjoy the outdoors. I have to put up with the sound track of their damn dog.

I used to be able to get him to shut up with some 4th of July throw poppers, but these are an Oregon illegal version that sound about as loud as a gun shot. That worked for a long time and would shut him up for a good half hour or so, but he got used to them and now it doesn't work.
This is why I no longer own firearms. I'd end up shooting the dogs or the neighbors or both.  Embarrassed
(04-28-2017, 07:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: This is why I no longer own firearms. I'd end up shooting the dogs or the neighbors or both.  Embarrassed

Wow!  In that case, I too am grateful that you had a moment of lucidity and no longer own guns, since you know that you do not possess the self control to not cause harm and mayhem.

Thankfully, most of us DO still have the ability to control ourselves.  Good for you. Wink
I once had a neighbor who made a habit of inviting the bar over to his house at closing time and proceed to party at high stereophonic volumes until the crack of dawn. My brother and I, after serious study and research decided that 8:00 AM was the most thoughtful time of all to operate our rather large chipper on that particular side of the property. Never had any complaint from any of our other neighbors. I even got a thumbs up from one neighbor one morning. Worked wonders.

I'm not saying these are at all similar experiences but lessons still might be learned.   Wink
(04-28-2017, 07:18 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 07:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote: This is why I no longer own firearms. I'd end up shooting the dogs or the neighbors or both.  Embarrassed

Wow!  In that case, I too am grateful that you had a moment of lucidity and no longer own guns, since you know that you do not possess the self control to not cause harm and mayhem.

Thankfully, most of us DO still have the ability to control ourselves.  Good for you. Wink

Thank you.  Laughing And it was more than a moment.  Big Grin 

Rest assured, if I ever needed a gun I'm trained to relieve you of yours while you were standing there wondering how the hell that just happened.   Eyebrows
I had a neighbors with multiple travel trailers, Each one with an occupant, with one or more dogs.
Usually tied up out side. On the nights they weren't tweaking, I would make a single bang' on some metal at 2 AM.
The dogs would start right up, one after another. After about 20 minutes, after they yelled at the dogs, and it got quit again. 'Bang'
(04-28-2017, 07:59 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Rest assured, if I ever needed a gun I'm trained to relieve you of yours while you were standing there wondering how the hell that just happened.   Eyebrows

I guess the jokes on you, I probably put the bullets in backwards.
Laughing
(04-28-2017, 11:08 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Laughing

In response to your (TVguy) post: 
I guess this kind of stuff had been going on since the Hatfield's and McCoy's, but either it's becoming more common now or in this "information age" we are more aware of bad behavior that can't be resolved. 

My guess is you will never be able to find a way to open reasonable communication with this guy. I wonder if there is any chance you might look into a third party who could arrange a "sit down" so you could start some kind of dialog to "might" lead to a resolution. 

I'm not optimistic: The Jews and the Palastinians have had a number of "sit downs" and still are at each others throats. The difference here is that you are not nation states but neighbors, and the right guy might just be able to broker some kind of solution to at least make things tolerable. 

The problem with some neighbors is you can't live with them and you can't shoot 'em.  Wink

Good luck. Just don't be tempted to "Take you guns to town".
(04-29-2017, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Laughing

I guess this kind of stuff had been going on since the Hatfield's and McCoy's, but either it's becoming more common now or in this "information age" we are more aware of bad behavior that can't be resolved. 

My guess is you will never be able to find a way to open reasonable communication with this guy. I wonder if there is any chance you might look into a third party who could arrange a "sit down" so you could start some kind of dialog to "might" lead to a resolution. 

I'm not optimistic: The Jews and the Palastinians have had a number of "sit downs" and still are at each others throats. The difference here is that you are not nation states but neighbors, and the right guy might just be able to broker some kind of solution to at least make things tolerable. 

The problem with some neighbors is you can't live with them and you can't shoot 'em.  Wink

I guess I never mentioned the only upside to the story is these people are moving. I think they are getting evicted.
So no, there won't be any mediation and That would never work with these people anyway.
For that to happen I believe both parties would need to compromise?
But in this situation what would that mean? What would I do? I've already bent over backwards and even gave up with calling animal control the last 20 times there dog was running loose.

They also hate me because when they first moved in they started burning garbage, plastic etc. I went and politely spoke to them explaining there were "burn days" and that even then you can't burn garbage.
They acted like they would stop but they didn't so I reported them.
And about two days before the dog bite incident he was burning carpet pad in the middle of a non burn day.
And I didn't even turn him in although he thinks I did. Someone did because the fire dept came and put it out.
Wonky....I guess this kind of stuff had been going on since the Hatfield's and McCoy's, but either it's becoming more common now or in this "information age" we are more aware of bad behavior that can't be resolved.

I guess both. But it does seem to me over my lifetime there are more and more people who feel entitled to do whatever they want without consequences. And have an amazing ability to rationalize they are right when it's totally clear they are not.
If you need examples just watch any of those small claims court TV shows. The people lose the case. The judge explains exactly why and the people interviewed on the way out STILL think they were right... DESPITE the overwhelming evidence that anyone with a reasonable amount of common sense can see.

I think it has something to do with their upbringing. They must have got away with being ridiculous with their parents.
I have a friend who's wife never loses an argument. Her method is to get louder and louder and just out yell anyone.
I see the same thing in these TV court rooms. I even have a name for it. I call it ghetto debating LOL.
You didn't mention they were renters. You should have contacted the owners or rental agency at the first sign of trouble.
(04-29-2017, 12:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(04-29-2017, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(04-28-2017, 07:18 PM)Hugo Wrote: Wow!  In that case, I too am grateful that you had a moment of lucidity and no longer own guns, since you know that you do not possess the self control to not cause harm and mayhem.

Laughing

I guess I never mentioned the only upside to the story is these people are moving. I think they are getting evicted.
So no, there won't be any mediation and That would never work with these people anyway.
For that to happen I believe both parties would need to compromise?
But in this situation what would that mean? What would I do? I've already bent over backwards and even gave up with calling animal control the last 20 times there dog was running loose.

They also hate me because when they first moved in they started burning garbage, plastic etc. I went and politely spoke to them explaining there were "burn days" and that even then you can't burn garbage.
They acted like they would stop but they didn't so I reported them.
And about two days before the dog bite incident he was burning carpet pad in the middle of a non burn day.
And I didn't even turn him in although he thinks I did. Someone did because the fire dept came and put it out.

Burning plastics is rude.

I tell people, it's like I come over and shit in your yard.

Just gross and rude. I fucking hate breathing plastic fumes.
(04-29-2017, 03:14 PM)Valuesize Wrote: You didn't mention they were renters. You should have contacted the owners or rental agency at the first sign of trouble.

There's no rental agency just a landlord and he doesn't like me because he thought he could burn trash whenever he wanted.
I told him my wife has asthma so I had zero shame in complaining about smelling burning plastic or whatever shit he was burning.
He acted like he understood and then he continued to burn shit that I assume he hauled in from other rentals.
So I called and reported him.
He also thinks it's OK to put a travel trailer on the property zoned for ONE resident and rent it out. My neighbor turned him in for that. He blamed me. Then a year or so later he rented the space out again.

Oh. Groaaan.  What fun!  I feel for you.