Another success story
Democrats can only blames themselves.....

Quote:Mayor Asking FBI For Help With Investigating City Crime, Rising Murder Rate
April 28, 2017 11:32 PM

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore’s mayor is asking for help from the FBI, as the city struggles to contain a soaring murder rate. But will bringing in the feds stop the killings?
The mayor pulled no punches earlier this week when she said the murder rate is out of control. She wants to bring in the FBI to the city, but will it make a difference? Some people are skeptical of that.
Violence in Baltimore has reached a crisis level, with the number of killings shattering a 20-year high this early in the year, Baltimore’s mayor was blunt.
“I’m calling on all the assistance we can possibly get because I can’t imagine going into our summer months with our crime rate where it is today, what that’s going to look like by the end of the summer,” says Mayor Catherine Pugh.
WJZ has learned Mayor Pugh wants manpower and technology from the FBI.
“Murder is out of control,” says Pugh.
The mayor met with the special agent in charge of the Baltimore division of the FBI, but wouldn’t provide specifics. She says they’ll come out next week, and the FBI isn’t talking.
WJZ spoke to public safety expert Rob Weinhold, who isn’t sure the FBI alone will be effective.
“I don’t think relying on federal resources is a new strategy at all, in fact, I think the devil is in the detail. You can talk about the FBI and that’s fine, but I’d actually like to see more emphasis on drug enforcement administration, ATF, and the Marshall service to get these folks who are wanted on warrants off the street,” says Weinhold.
The Bureau has 56 field offices nationwide and provides assistance in gang and drug cases.
President Trump has advocated sending in feds to stem violence in Chicago and other cities.
The FBI helped during another crisis-point Baltimore: the riots, using a video-equipped surveillance plane to monitor lawbreakers, alarming privacy advocates.
As WJZ reported this week, the feds also worked with city police to take down a street gang, arresting the member accused of murdering three-year-old McKenzie Elliott.
“If we support these police officers, who are out there working for the community every day, we’re going to be able to turn the tide,” says former U.S. Attorney for Maryland, now U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
The question remains: will more FBI help effectively stop the bloodshed? The mayor believes she doesn’t have time to wait.
“We are looking for all the help that we can get,” she says.
There have been other plans like this before, including the “War Room” effort, whether this effort will be anything new and different will be revealed in coming weeks.
This week, Baltimore reached a grim milestone: 100 murders before the end of April. It’s the first time that’s happened since 1998.
Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook
(05-01-2017, 08:57 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: Democrats can only blames themselves.....

Quote:Mayor Asking FBI For Help With Investigating City Crime, Rising Murder Rate
April 28, 2017 11:32 PM

BALTIMORE (WJZ) — Baltimore’s mayor is asking for help from the FBI, as the city struggles to contain a soaring murder rate. But will bringing in the feds stop the killings?
The mayor pulled no punches earlier this week when she said the murder rate is out of control. She wants to bring in the FBI to the city, but will it make a difference? Some people are skeptical of that.
Violence in Baltimore has reached a crisis level, with the number of killings shattering a 20-year high this early in the year, Baltimore’s mayor was blunt.
“I’m calling on all the assistance we can possibly get because I can’t imagine going into our summer months with our crime rate where it is today, what that’s going to look like by the end of the summer,” says Mayor Catherine Pugh.
WJZ has learned Mayor Pugh wants manpower and technology from the FBI.
“Murder is out of control,” says Pugh.
The mayor met with the special agent in charge of the Baltimore division of the FBI, but wouldn’t provide specifics. She says they’ll come out next week, and the FBI isn’t talking.
WJZ spoke to public safety expert Rob Weinhold, who isn’t sure the FBI alone will be effective.
“I don’t think relying on federal resources is a new strategy at all, in fact, I think the devil is in the detail. You can talk about the FBI and that’s fine, but I’d actually like to see more emphasis on drug enforcement administration, ATF, and the Marshall service to get these folks who are wanted on warrants off the street,” says Weinhold.
The Bureau has 56 field offices nationwide and provides assistance in gang and drug cases.
President Trump has advocated sending in feds to stem violence in Chicago and other cities.
The FBI helped during another crisis-point Baltimore: the riots, using a video-equipped surveillance plane to monitor lawbreakers, alarming privacy advocates.
As WJZ reported this week, the feds also worked with city police to take down a street gang, arresting the member accused of murdering three-year-old McKenzie Elliott.
“If we support these police officers, who are out there working for the community every day, we’re going to be able to turn the tide,” says former U.S. Attorney for Maryland, now U.S. Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
The question remains: will more FBI help effectively stop the bloodshed? The mayor believes she doesn’t have time to wait.
“We are looking for all the help that we can get,” she says.
There have been other plans like this before, including the “War Room” effort, whether this effort will be anything new and different will be revealed in coming weeks.
This week, Baltimore reached a grim milestone: 100 murders before the end of April. It’s the first time that’s happened since 1998.
Follow @CBSBaltimore on Twitter and like WJZ-TV | CBS Baltimore on Facebook

We really MUST try to keep guns out of the hands of these crazy conservatives.  Laughing Laughing Laughing
The question is , Who is getting murdered?
Are they poor people with no money?
(05-01-2017, 12:08 PM)chuck white Wrote: The question is , Who is getting murdered?

I think the vast majority are blacks and these murders are gang related or drug related.
Just like about every other big city in the country.
Idiots like SFlib think it's the liberals fault because they listen to morons like Rush Limbaugh who tell them this bullshit.
(05-01-2017, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 12:08 PM)chuck white Wrote: The question is , Who is getting murdered?

I think the vast majority are blacks and these murders are gang related or drug related.
Idiots like SFlib think it's the liberals fault because they listen to morons like Rush Limbaugh who tell them this bullshit.

I agree that most are gang and/or drug related. But Chuck has a point. Poverty is a bitch. There is a wide separation in black culture depending on wealth and education; As there is in white or other cultures. When we look at white culture in places like Wolf Creek, the Rust Belt, or Coal Country, we see violence and murder too. The difference is it's not concentrated in a place with a population squeezed into a tight neighborhood and so is not as widely reported. 

I also agree with your opinion about Limbaugh and loud-mouths like him and if there is a god in heaven Limbaugh (and others) will someday face the havoc and pain they have caused. Misinformation is one thing...lies and propaganda for fun and profit are beyond the pale. 

And by the way, there are at least a few Liberal pundits who tell only one side of things, and while they may not directly lie they don't help in providing good reliable information. I occasionally watch Rachael Maddow because I think she is a great entertainer but I think she is a shill for ONE point of view and take everything she says with a sack of salt.
(05-01-2017, 03:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I agree that most are gang and/or drug related. But Chuck has a point. Poverty is a bitch. There is a wide separation in black culture depending on wealth and education; As there is in white or other cultures. When we look at white culture in places like Wolf Creek, the Rust Belt, or Coal Country, we see violence and murder too. The difference is it's not concentrated in a place with a population squeezed into a tight neighborhood and so is not as widely reported. 

I also agree with your opinion about Limbaugh and loud-mouths like him and if there is a god in heaven Limbaugh (and others) will someday face the havoc and pain they have caused. Misinformation is one thing...lies and propaganda for fun and profit are beyond the pale. 

And by the way, there are at least a few Liberal pundits who tell only one side of things, and while they may not directly lie they don't help in providing good reliable information. I occasionally watch Rachael Maddow because I think she is a great entertainer but I think she is a shill for ONE point of view and take everything she says with a sack of salt.

I notice you always feel you have to defend blacks when ever the subject of blacks and the disproportionate amount of crime they commit compared to whites. With the poverty card.

Saying things like this...
When we look at white culture in places like Wolf Creek, the Rust Belt, or Coal Country, we see violence and murder too. The difference is it's not concentrated in a place with a population squeezed into a tight neighborhood and so is not as widely reported.

We were talking a murder. And murders are indeed "reported" no matter where they occur.

There are a LOT MORE white people living in poverty than blacks so obviously Poverty is not the only answer why are so many blacks criminals?
So that leaves the inner city ghettos. And they are partly to blame and so is Poverty.

But I think what people are afraid to say or admit is that more blacks than whites....
Don't give a shit.
Feel entitled to do what every they want.
feel like victims.
Don't trust the government or white people.
Are racists

IMO that's the biggest reason there are so many black criminals compared to any other race. It's a culture  they perpetuate.
(05-01-2017, 05:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I notice you always feel you have to defend blacks when ever the subject of blacks and the disproportionate amount of crime they commit compared to whites. With the poverty card.

When we look at white culture in places like Wolf Creek, the Rust Belt, or Coal Country, we see violence and murder too. The difference is it's not concentrated in a place with a population squeezed into a tight neighborhood and so is not as widely reported.

We were talking a murder. And murders are indeed "reported" no matter where they occur.

There are a LOT MORE white people living in poverty than blacks so obviously Poverty is not the only answer why are so many blacks criminals?
So that leaves the inner city ghettos. And they are partly to blame and so is Poverty.

But I think what people are afraid to say or admit is that more blacks than whites....
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

IMO that's the biggest reason there are so many black criminals compared to any other race. It's a culture  they perpetuate.

Your comment "It's a culture they perpetuate" is the root cause of the problems discussed here.
And boy, does that open a can of worms! 
So why? Black people are not stupid. (Well some are... all races and cultures have stupid people)
We have neither the time nor space to do this justice. I think you suggest I apologize for the conduct of inner-city black violence and other behavioral issues. I don't. 
But there are factors going back many many years that contribute to this "culture" that are complex and even now debated by folks from various disciplines. 

So I won't attempt to take on your post "point by point". It would serve nothing anyway I guess. But I do take exception to your comments: 

"But I think what people are afraid to say or admit is that more blacks than whites....
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists"

Too simple. Too easy. I don't have answers, barely understand the questions, but I feel strongly that our "race problem" will require more insight and creative  solutions.
(05-02-2017, 01:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Your comment "It's a culture they perpetuate" is the root cause of the problems discussed here.
So why? Black people are not stupid. (Well some are... all races and cultures have stupid people)
We have neither the time nor space to do this justice. I think you suggest I apologize for the conduct of inner-city black violence and other behavioral issues. I don't. 
But there are factors going back many many years that contribute to this "culture" that are complex and even now debated by folks from various disciplines. 

So I won't attempt to take on your post "point by point". It would serve nothing anyway I guess. But I do take exception to your comments: 

"But I think what people are afraid to say or admit is that more blacks than whites....
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists"

Too simple. Too easy. I don't have answers, barely understand the questions, but I feel strongly that our "race problem" will require more insight and creative  solutions.

I think you suggest I apologize for the conduct of inner-city black violence and other behavioral issues. I don't.

I don't think I said you apologize for it. I say you blame it on poverty too much when that's just one factor that obviously can't be the total problem because there are a lot more poor whites than blacks

Exactly I think the issue with blacks and crime is a learned behavior in black culture. I think that is most of the reason and not poverty or the police profiling.
(05-02-2017, 02:16 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 01:33 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 01:18 PM)tvguy Wrote:  I think the vast majority are blacks and these murders are gang related or drug related.

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists"

I think you suggest I apologize for the conduct of inner-city black violence and other behavioral issues. I don't.

I don't think I said you apologize for it. I say you blame it on poverty too much when that's just one factor that obviously can't be the total problem because there are a lot more poor whites than blacks

Exactly I think the issue with blacks and crime is a learned behavior in black culture. I think that is most of the reason and not poverty or the police profiling.

...and I think your attitude is simplistic and may be racist. "Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? And, to discount poverty as at least one important factor is also simplistic.

So? Time for you tell me to go fuck myself again. 

Dont.
(05-02-2017, 04:12 PM) pid=\391280' Wrote:...and I think your attitude is simplistic and may be racist. "Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? And, to discount poverty as at least one important factor is also simplistic.

Dont.

Yep I knew it would get to this. For whatever reason a lot of people won't or can't grasp the possibility that  a lot blacks 
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

And, to discount poverty as at least one important factor is also simplistic.

Well you would have a point if actually did discount poverty as at least one important factor

Maybe read slower? here are two different times I recognized poverty is part of the problem

Poverty is not the only answer why are so many blacks criminals?

"Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? From their parents aunts uncles friends etc.
I don't see how you can not see something so  obvious.

It's very common for blacks to not talk to the police when the police are trying to solve a murder of another black. Just as ANY homicide detective in ANY major city.

There is NOTHING racist about recognizing many blacks don't like or trust police OR white peopleAnd right along with that they don't care about breaking the law

You talk about simplistic and in your response you added ZERO to the conversation not to mention an outright lie claiming I didn't take poverty in to account
So IMO you did a good job of EARNING a go fuck yourself.

This is the second time today you whined about a go fuck yourself comment. One was when I was concerned about a sick person.. You needed to bring that up?? REALLY? Don't you think it would be more appropriate to wait until someone actually says that to bitch and moan?
(05-02-2017, 07:46 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 04:12 PM)pid=\391280 Wrote:...and I think your attitude is simplistic and may be racist. "Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? And, to discount poverty as at least one important factor is also simplistic.

Dont.

Yep I knew it would get to this. For whatever reason a lot of people won't or can't grasp the possibility that  a lot blacks 
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Well you would have a point if actually did discount poverty as at least one important factor

Maybe read slower? here are two different times I recognized poverty is part of the problem

"Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? From their parents aunts uncles friends etc.

It's very common for blacks to not talk to the police when the police are trying to solve a murder of another black. Just as ANY homicide detective in ANY major city.

There is NOTHING racist about recognizing many blacks don't like or trust police OR white peopleAnd right along with that they don't care about breaking the law

You talk about simplistic and in your response you added ZERO to the conversation not to mention an outright lie claiming I didn't take poverty in to account

This is the second time today you whined about a go fuck yourself comment. One was when I was concerned about a sick person.. You needed to bring that up?? REALLY? Don't you think it would be more appropriate to wait until someone actually says that to bitch and moan?

As to the Topic: I give up. "And never the twain shall meet". 

I'll attempt to ignore the "fuck you's" (some you have directed at me) and try to stay "on point" and hope to add to the discussion rather than being a distraction. 

I will, however continue to express positions I support and admire and take whatever flack it brings.
(05-03-2017, 09:57 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 04:12 PM)pid=\391280 Wrote:...and I think your attitude is simplistic and may be racist. "Learned behavior"...where? When? Why? And, to discount poverty as at least one important factor is also simplistic.

Dont.

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

I'll attempt to ignore the "fuck you's" (some you have directed at me) and try to stay "on point" and hope to add to the discussion rather than being a distraction. 

I will, however continue to express positions I support and admire and take whatever flack it brings.

Still fretting over someone telling you to fuck off? Geeze when was that and are ever going to get over it? 
I think you just need a good cry.

I think facebook is not for you as a matter of fact I think what you want is non existent . Maybe there's an old woman knitting club you could join.
No wait never mind. I think you would try and control their behavior or what they post.

""Stay on point""  Other than you NO ONE gives a flying fuck if a thread goes off topic. They do so when there's nothing left to say anyway.
Live and let live is my motto.
Your's is complain and tell others how to act.. Maybe you should get that on a tattoo.
(05-03-2017, 01:26 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Dont.

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Still fretting over someone telling you to fuck off? Geeze when was that and are ever going to get over it? 

I think facebook is not for you as a matter of fact I think what you want is non existent . Maybe there's an old woman knitting club you could join.
No wait never mind. I think you would try and control their behavior or what they post.

""Stay on point""  Other than you NO ONE gives a flying fuck if a thread goes off topic. They do so when there's nothing left to say anyway.
Your's is complain and tell others how to act.. Maybe you should get that on a tattoo.

Whatever.... Confused
(05-03-2017, 05:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Dont.

Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Whatever.... Confused
  Big Grin
(05-03-2017, 05:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-03-2017, 05:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 07:46 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yep I knew it would get to this. For whatever reason a lot of people won't or can't grasp the possibility that  a lot blacks 
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Are racists

Whatever.... Confused
  Big Grin

Warning: This is a "Long read". Sorry.  Embarrassed

Somebody outta slap me upside the head for even considering to continue this but I want one more shot at it. 

TVguy, we agree a hell of a lot more than we disagree about this thing (conduct of blacks murdering one another). 

To remind us once more of you post above:

"Yep I knew it would get to this. For whatever reason a lot of people won't or can't grasp the possibility that  a lot blacks  
Don't give a shit.
feel like victims.
Don't trust the government or white people."
Are racists"

Most, maybe all that is true. I lived in a black ghetto for a couple of years and so understand this is an very visceral way. Having said that, I lived in Hunters Point and, later, The Alemany Projects in San Francisco, in 1958-59 and part of '60 ...a very different time. Still, racial "issues" were a constant, and as one of just a few white guys there I took my lumps simply because I was a White Guy. Proving little, but wanted say I have at least a bit more than just an "intellectual" understanding.

What I had hoped to say in my post above is that while your comments are true, they don't address the underlying causes that have changed the culture of poor black people crammed into little space in urban settings. I have neither the time, space, or smarts, to fill in all the blanks that involves, but my experiences and reading makes be believe that those experiences devastate a culture and change behavior in ways many of us can't understand. The solution? I don't have a clue!

There is an article in todays's MT (5/4) about black professional baseball players getting all kinds of flack from people in the stands. MLB is concerned that it might escalate from verbal stuff to something more serious. Just and example of part of the discussion we are trying to have here. 

So, you are right. But, until someone comes up with some kind of solution to "change the culture" it's going to continue. Personally...and this is really personal and without anything to back it up...I wonder about the millions of black people who have reached middle class status and higher who have neglected other blacks left behind and done little to attempt to change that culture. 

This stuff is hard. Discussing it in rational and objective tones is hard. Understanding it is REALLY hard. But the discussion may well be important and if we can do it in ways that share information rather than arguing bullet points we might move it forward at least an inch. 

Last thing: About "staying on topic". You make fun of my attitude about this and "sticks and stones and all that" so I don't bleed because of it. However I will continue to argue the point that to continue the main points of our Topics rather than drifting off into other subjects would lead to better and more complete discussions. And I resent that you are suggesting I am trying to tell other what to do when I voice this: I am only expressing MY opinion. Do as you will but allow me the privilege of saying what I feel about it. 

Other than that, I hope your day is "gang busters" and you win a ton of money in the LOTTO. 

Glad to have the space to rant on about all this. Is this a great country, or what!