Donald Trump is selling his car on Craigslist
(10-29-2016, 12:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-28-2016, 09:59 PM)Oscar Wrote: T.O.Y.O.T.A = Too Often Yankees Overprice These Automobiles

If you want a minivan try the Dodge I don't Caravan or the Ford it should FREEstar.

Maybe newer Caravans are OK but I know a lot of them were total crap cars.

I like the Toyota minivans.  Our daughter has a Honda minivan... she loves it.
(10-28-2016, 09:59 PM)Oscar Wrote: T.O.Y.O.T.A = Too Often Yankees Overprice These Automobiles

If you want a minivan try the Dodge I don't Caravan or the Ford it should FREEstar.

I had a Oldsmobile Silhouette that was a great ride.
(10-29-2016, 01:36 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

How many miles did it have on it or did you put on it? I'm not sure about those cars.
I think just the fact that I see what cars are for sale, for what price and for how long they are on CL gives me some good insight in to car values.

For instance lately I have seen late model Toyota Prius cars being sold REALLY cheap. The same thing is true for
PT Cruisers. Based on that I wouldn't buy either.
(10-29-2016, 02:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

How many miles did it have on it or did you put on it? I'm not sure about those cars.
I think just the fact that I see what cars are for sale, for what price and for how long they are on CL gives me some good insight in to car values.

For instance lately I have seen late model Toyota Prius cars being sold REALLY cheap. The same thing is true for

Not many, I doubt it ever left GP until I bought it. Weekly trips to Medford and bi-annual trips to Portland put a few on it, but it still had fewer miles than "average" for its age. I think I bought it in '08 and it was a '96 with about 74.000 miles. All the work was done at the dealer in GP and when I rolled in with it once, they guy's all knew the vehicle. They said it was well maintained but they were known to have problems as the miles piled up. I may have put 30,000 more on it but didn't have anything but the water pump/timing thing. (not cheap)

Caravans (2003ish and up) are decent enough as long as you avoid the the 4 cylinder models. Those are crap.
(10-29-2016, 07:05 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Caravans (2003ish and up) are decent enough as long as you avoid the the 4 cylinder models. Those are crap.
Roger that. Smiling
(10-29-2016, 05:09 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(10-29-2016, 02:33 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Not many, I doubt it ever left GP until I bought it. Weekly trips to Medford and bi-annual trips to Portland put a few on it, but it still had fewer miles than "average" for its age. I think I bought it in '08 and it was a '96 with about 74.000 miles. All the work was done at the dealer in GP and when I rolled in with it once, they guy's all knew the vehicle. They said it was well maintained but they were known to have problems as the miles piled up. I may have put 30,000 more on it but didn't have anything but the water pump/timing thing. (not cheap)

Roger Wilco , over Razz
A craigslist ad that's actually funny.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=3&theater
(10-30-2016, 04:48 PM)Hugo Wrote: A craigslist ad that's actually funny.

That is funny.   Big Grin
(10-31-2016, 05:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Clever AND funny! 

Art?
(10-31-2016, 06:56 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-31-2016, 05:31 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Clever AND funny! 

Art?

No I am not Art you dummy, you know my name, sheesh
I friend of mine who is a car dealer just got hit with a $10,000 fine for posting as a private party on Craigslist.  Surprised He has a dealer licence but his office is in his home he lives in that is commercially zoned. He has some cars there and some on a lot he shares with others selling in the same manner also. 

He may not be telling me the whole story, but I can't believe the DOJ would care about what someone does on Craigslist. Does $10,000 sound right for posting incorrectly on Craigslist? He's just trying to get himself to the next level with a lot of his own and doing pretty well for for his age. (25 maybe?)

He's pretty down right now, so I didn't mention I was pissed a while back about people doing the same thing.  Laughing
(05-22-2017, 09:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I friend of mine who is a car dealer just got hit with a $10,000 fine for posting as a private party on Craigslist.  Surprised He has a dealer licence but his office is in his home he lives in that is commercially zoned. He has some cars there and some on a lot he shares with others selling in the same manner also. 

He may not be telling me the whole story, but I can't believe the DOJ would care about what someone does on Craigslist. Does $10,000 sound right for posting incorrectly on Craigslist? He's just trying to get himself to the next level with a lot of his own and doing pretty well for for his age. (25 maybe?)

He's pretty down right now, so I didn't mention I was pissed a while back about people doing the same thing.  Laughing

I have never heard of CL passing out fines, but the fact is if he is a dealer posting adds as a private party he is breaking the rules, the location of his office and the method of how he wheels and deals his cars is moot. The line between dealer and private party is pretty damn clear. Tell him to stop being a douche and sell his cars under the correct category instead of being an asshole posing as a private party.
(05-23-2017, 07:27 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(05-22-2017, 09:56 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I friend of mine who is a car dealer just got hit with a $10,000 fine for posting as a private party on Craigslist.  Surprised He has a dealer licence but his office is in his home he lives in that is commercially zoned. He has some cars there and some on a lot he shares with others selling in the same manner also. 

I have never heard of CL passing out fines, but the fact is if he is a dealer posting adds as a private party he is breaking the rules, the location of his office and the method of how he wheels and deals his cars is moot. The line between dealer and private party is pretty damn clear. Tell him to stop being a douche and sell his cars under the correct category instead of being an asshole posing as a private party.

DOJ not Craigslist hit him with the fine. I think he got the message without input from me.  Big Grin
(05-23-2017, 08:44 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

DOJ not Craigslist hit him with the fine. I think he got the message without input from me.  Big Grin

I'm going to guess there is a whole lot more to the story.
(05-23-2017, 10:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote:
(05-23-2017, 08:44 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

I'm going to guess there is a whole lot more to the story.

Guaranteed LOL. I'm sure the salesman minimized the truth.

I flag car dealers and all kinds of other dealers every day. Craigslist does VERY little to police their site.
That's why they put it in the members hand to flag ads.
Few people bother.Sad.

I got that last part from Trump Razz