"They" Know EVERYTHING About You
Case in point. I'm changing address's on my FedEx account and I'm asked to verify before accessing it. I'm asked to answer five questions involving past associations. These are generated by FedEx not me, in other words I didn't choose these verifiers as you do at many sites. 

Past addresses I've never used FedEx at. Past counties I've lived and probably not shipped from. Past phone numbers from 20-30 years ago. The real shocker was names I may know. A friend from high school who I have not seen or heard from since the mid 70's! Was FedEx even in business in the 70's? OMFG!
(05-19-2017, 09:55 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Case in point. I'm changing address's on my FedEx account and I'm asked to verify before accessing it. I'm asked to answer five questions involving past associations. These are generated by FedEx not me, in other words I didn't choose these verifiers as you do at many sites. 

Past addresses I've never used FedEx at. Past counties I've lived and probably not shipped from. Past phone numbers from 20-30 years ago. The real shocker was names I may know. A friend from high school who I have not seen or heard from since the mid 70's! Was FedEx even in business in the 70's? OMFG!

Weren't you the ones telling me how you could find a bunch of info about me from the internet?
What makes you thing Fedex can't do the same?

And your examples sure don't make your point that "They" Know EVERYTHING About You"
Phone numbers and addresses? big deal.
And the friend from your high school, maybe they picked that from one of those places that always bugs you about meeting high school friends?
(05-19-2017, 11:48 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 09:55 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Case in point. I'm changing address's on my FedEx account and I'm asked to verify before accessing it. I'm asked to answer five questions involving past associations. These are generated by FedEx not me, in other words I didn't choose these verifiers as you do at many sites. 

Weren't you the ones telling me how you could find a bunch of info about me from the internet?

And your examples sure don't make your point that "They" Know EVERYTHING About You"
And the friend from your high school, maybe they picked that from one of those places that always bugs you about meeting high school friends?

I have a VERY common name (so much so I need to go through extra steps when buying property to properly identify myself for the title) and I have never given FedEx any personal info like SS #, DL #, CC # or anything that they should be able to identify which VERY common named man I am. I can't believe they can go back so many years without my PARTICULAR identifiers for phone numbers and places lived, but to pick THIS particular friend out of all the other possible friends from all the possible friends astounds me.
(05-19-2017, 11:48 AM)tvguy Wrote: Weren't you the ones telling me how you could find a bunch of info about me from the internet?

Yes, but the info is mostly current. I cannot  possibly find phone numbers from 20 years ago in different states and certainly not the name of someone you hung around with in grade and high school!
(05-19-2017, 07:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

I have a VERY common name (so much so I need to go through extra steps when buying property to properly identify myself for the title) and I have never given FedEx any personal info like SS #, DL #, CC # or anything that they should be able to identify which VERY common named man I am. I can't believe they can go back so many years without my PARTICULAR identifiers for phone numbers and places lived, but to pick THIS particular friend out of all the other possible friends from all the possible friends astounds me.

Fake news is real. For example, I found that the miss Universe contest has no contestants from other planets. They're all from Earth!
(05-19-2017, 07:30 PM)cletus1 Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 07:17 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

Fake news is real. For example, I found that the miss Universe contest has no contestants from other planets. They're all from Earth!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

They have been listening to you, through your microwave oven.