"Books To Breeze Through This Summer"
Suggestions from the NYT. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/25/books...ws&hp&_r=0
Are any of them, being made into movies. Good books are made into movies. That when I catch them.
(05-28-2017, 08:19 AM)chuck white Wrote: Are any of them, being made into movies. Good books are made into movies. That when I catch them.

Why books sposed to be better than movies? If a pitcher is wurth a thousand words why write all them words win a pitcher will do a lot better? And how many pitchers is in yer average movies?
(05-28-2017, 12:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 08:19 AM)chuck white Wrote: Are any of them, being made into movies. Good books are made into movies. That when I catch them.

Why books sposed to be better than movies? If a pitcher is wurth a thousand words why write all them words win a pitcher will do a lot better? And how many pitchers is in yer average movies?

I really like movies. On TV, streaming, DVD, in theaters: Wherever. 

But some books just don't translate all that well to movies. For instance I really enjoyed George Packard's "The Unwinding" and Bill Bishops's "The Big Sort"...but would not be very good movies. 

One the other hand, I thought "The Godfather" movie(s) was much better than the book.
(05-28-2017, 12:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

But some books just don't translate all that well to movies. For instance I really enjoyed George Packard's "The Unwinding" and Bill Bishops's "The Big Sort"...but would not be very good movies. 

One the other hand, I thought "The Godfather" movie(s) was much better than the book.

The Godfather was great I always loved Dale Robertson.
(05-28-2017, 12:55 PM)tvguy Wrote:

What have you been smoking?
(05-28-2017, 01:00 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Lets see. Girl scout cookies platinum. Fruity pebbles. Jew gold.Train wreck. Cherry bomb.Why do you ask?
(05-28-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:39 PM)tvguy Wrote: Why books sposed to be better than movies? If a pitcher is wurth a thousand words why write all them words win a pitcher will do a lot better? And how many pitchers is in yer average movies?

Lets see. Girl scout cookies platinum. Fruity pebbles. Jew gold.Train wreck. Cherry bomb.Why do you ask?

SO far from a post about books and summer reading. 

Still, I can see Russia from my front porch.  Wink
(05-29-2017, 10:04 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:50 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I really like movies. On TV, streaming, DVD, in theaters: Wherever. 

SO far from a post about books and summer reading. 

Still, I can see Russia from my front porch.  Wink

I'm pretty sure anyone here who wanted to comment about any books will do so regardless of my jokeing.