arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession
Arrested really ??? Laughing Laughing
I'm glad I live on the west coast and not the east

Quote:Two Husker players were arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession in Florida, according to court documents.
Stanley Morgan, 20, who will be a junior at Nebraska, has been charged with having less than 20 grams of marijuana in his possession on May 6 in Port Orange, Florida.  
Huskers safety Antonio Reed, 19, was also arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor marijuana possession. He was later released with a notice to appear June 1.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/two-huskers...2292a.html
(05-28-2017, 08:31 AM)chuck white Wrote: Arrested really ??? Laughing Laughing

Quote:Two Husker players were arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession in Florida, according to court documents.
Stanley Morgan, 20, who will be a junior at Nebraska, has been charged with having less than 20 grams of marijuana in his possession on May 6 in Port Orange, Florida.  
Huskers safety Antonio Reed, 19, was also arrested on suspicion of misdemeanor marijuana possession. He was later released with a notice to appear June 1.

The headline is in accurate. One of the two did indeed have weed in his possesion. The oyjer pro

"Morgan and Reed both claimed one of the backpacks and the marijuana inside, when asked by the officer.

Morgan said he paid $100 for about an ounce of marijuana while on vacation in Florida."

The headline is inaccurate. Sorry I can't cry alligator tears about people being jailed for possession of Marijuana when they are driving around smoking it with weed laying on the console in full view.

I mean IF you are that stupid.......
(05-28-2017, 12:31 PM)tvguy Wrote:

The headline is in accurate. One of the two did indeed have weed in his possesion. The oyjer pro

"Morgan and Reed both claimed one of the backpacks and the marijuana inside, when asked by the officer.

Morgan said he paid $100 for about an ounce of marijuana while on vacation in Florida."

The headline is inaccurate. Sorry I can't cry alligator tears about people being jailed for possession of Marijuana when they are driving around smoking it with weed laying on the console in full view.

You nailed it, TVguy! When in Rome...
"Stupid is a stupid does".
(05-28-2017, 12:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

These so called news sites hire carnival barkers to create their headlines. It's like used car dealers. If you call one on the phone and ask if they have a 1985 yellow and black Volkswagen THING convertible with 22 thousand miles.
They will say SURE we have one just come on down.

Getting you there is what matters most.
(05-28-2017, 12:48 PM)tvguy Wrote:

These so called news sites hire carnival barkers to create their headlines. It's like used car dealers. If you call one on the phone and ask if they have a 1985 yellow and black Volkswagen THING convertible with 22 thousand miles.

Yep. True in 1840 and true today. Once the railroads could spread newspapers with relative speed around the country (The midwest and east, at least) the hustle was on. Even before, when the villages in England had the Post in the center of town, fake news was common. 

But then, as now, we have choices, and the things we choose define us. I choose sitting in the shade.
(05-28-2017, 12:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yep. True in 1840 and true today. Once the railroads could spread newspapers with relative speed around the country (The midwest and east, at least) the hustle was on. Even before, when the villages in England had the Post in the center of town, fake news was common. 

But then, as now, we have choices, and the things we choose define us. I choose sitting in the shade.

I disagree. There may  have always been misleading headlines but it seems a lot more common today.

Actually "misleading" sometimes and often totally false.
(05-28-2017, 01:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:31 PM)tvguy Wrote: "Morgan and Reed both claimed one of the backpacks and the marijuana inside, when asked by the officer.

I disagree. There may  have always been misleading headlines but it seems a lot more common today.

U.S. Diplomacy and Yellow Journalism, 1895–1898

Yellow journalism was a style of newspaper reporting that emphasized sensationalism over facts. During its heyday in the late 19th century it was one of many factors that helped push the United States and Spain into war in Cuba and the Philippines, leading to the acquisition of overseas territory by the United States.
(05-28-2017, 01:22 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:40 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: You nailed it, TVguy! When in Rome...

Yellow journalism was a style of newspaper reporting that emphasized sensationalism over facts. During its heyday in the late 19th century it was one of many factors that helped push the United States and Spain into war in Cuba and the Philippines, leading to the acquisition of overseas territory by the United States.

Yes I did say "There may  have always been misleading headlines"

But I think it's more common today simply because of the internet.There are more websites competing with each other and who print bullshit to suck people in.
Of ten they post what People WANT to hear and it's not just the headlines.

Today the internet is full of totally fabricated events put forth in the form of a meme or a video.

Facebook viewers often accept these stories of a 20 foot rattlesnake.. Or whatever. A couple of weeks ago there were a bunch of right wingers frothing at the mouth over a video of liberals blocking traffic and who built a fire in the road.
There must have been 100 people commenting on this. I was the ONLY one that did a search and found that this was in France. And the people protesting were Taxi drivers.

And then the feel good stories.They are endless and rarely true.

I have used Snopes and poltifact and other sources COUNTLESS times to prove so called news stores were simply lies.
(05-28-2017, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:48 PM)tvguy Wrote: These so called news sites hire carnival barkers to create their headlines. It's like used car dealers. If you call one on the phone and ask if they have a 1985 yellow and black Volkswagen THING convertible with 22 thousand miles.

But I think it's more common today simply because of the internet.There are more websites competing with each other and who print bullshit to suck people in.

Today the internet is full of totally fabricated events put forth in the form of a meme or a video.

Facebook viewers often accept these stories of a 20 foot rattlesnake.. Or whatever. A couple of weeks ago there were a bunch of right wingers frothing at the mouth over a video of liberals blocking traffic and who built a fire in the road.
There must have been 100 people commenting on this. I was the ONLY one that did a search and found that this was in France. And the people protesting were Taxi drivers.

I have used Snopes and poltifact and other sources COUNTLESS times to prove so called news stores were simply lies.

Yeah, but there are lies and then are are damned lies as Harry Truman told us. 

20 foot rattlesnakes, green people from outer space shopping at Target, and cars that get 120 MPG with "these new spark plugs" are one thing.
It's another when our president says he has a mandate because he won the popular vote, or when the Republican led House of Representatives claim they will balance the budget counting the same income twice, or when our president insists he will build a wall along our southern border and make Mexico pay for it, etc, etc, etc. 

When all is said and done, It's our MAIN STREAM PRESS and their ability to field investigative journalists who will protect us from these lies. 

The FBI has only begun to dig into the "Russian Thing". The truth will bring changes. 

Count on it.
(05-28-2017, 05:54 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: The FBI has only begun to dig into the "Russian Thing". The truth will bring changes. 

There is no fucking "Russiian Thing". Rube.
Delusional Nazis on parade.
(05-28-2017, 10:01 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 05:54 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: The FBI has only begun to dig into the "Russian Thing". The truth will bring changes. 

Hugo, information is that thing that separates us from the "Rubes". 

Michael Flynn was removed from the office as National Security Advisor because of his relationship with some Russians and that he lied about that relationship. Our Attorney General too, had to recuse himself from the investigation because of his conversations with Flynn, FBI Director Comey, and others about this event. 

The FBI has an ongoing investigation into the Trump campaign and it's involvement with Russian diplomats and other Russian nationals. 

NOTE: This is an investigation. It may prove that the Trump campaign is "free and clear" of any wrongdoing and that the 2016 election was in no way tainted by these allegations. That is why we have investigations. 
(Curious about the firing of FBI Director Comey)

But there is a "Russian Thing" and to deny it is to remain ignorant. 

Our forum is less interesting and becomes polarized to the point of impossible dialog when we ignore clear and simple facts understood by the wider population to be true and obvious. 

You may argue that there is no proven evidence that the Trump campaign did not involve Russian interference with the 2016 election. And you may well be right. 

What you can't argue is there is no "Russian Thing". That the FBI is investigating suggests there is reason to determine the facts that are known and what they mean in the complete context of the 2016 election. 

Rube? Let's try to be aware and informed enough to have civil and honest dialog. We may all learn something.

[Image: I-refuse-to-release-my-taxes--because-of...-55936.jpg]
(05-29-2017, 08:03 AM)chuck white Wrote:

[Image: I-refuse-to-release-my-taxes--because-of...-55936.jpg]

Chuck, at this point that is speculation. Informed speculation, but no "smoking gun". 

I wonder if we need to be careful about jumping to conclusions based on our own political attitudes and wait for the facts to be clearly revealed. 

That said, I feel strongly that Mr. Trump should release his Tax returns. I understand he is not required by law to do so, but tradition counts too and most recent presidents have felt it important to provide this insight into their financial dealings proving they have no conflicts that might taint the office.
[Image: 12d239ba210db47079ce4c3235efbeb0.jpg]
(05-29-2017, 08:45 AM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: 12d239ba210db47079ce4c3235efbeb0.jpg]

You noticed of course, the gap between 2008 and 2016? 
Shall we give the president the benefit of doubt until the FBI completes it's investigation?
(05-28-2017, 05:54 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 01:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:59 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Yep. True in 1840 and true today. Once the railroads could spread newspapers with relative speed around the country (The midwest and east, at least) the hustle was on. Even before, when the villages in England had the Post in the center of town, fake news was common. 

Yeah, but there are lies and then are are damned lies as Harry Truman told us. 

20 foot rattlesnakes, green people from outer space shopping at Target, and cars that get 120 MPG with "these new spark plugs" are one thing.
It's another when our president says he has a mandate because he won the popular vote, or when the Republican led House of Representatives claim they will balance the budget counting the same income twice, or when our president insists he will build a wall along our southern border and make Mexico pay for it, etc, etc, etc. 

When all is said and done, It's our MAIN STREAM PRESS and their ability to field investigative journalists who will protect us from these lies. 

The FBI has only begun to dig into the "Russian Thing". The truth will bring changes. 

Count on it.

OK. So where can I get some of those spark plugs?
(05-29-2017, 10:02 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 08:45 AM)chuck white Wrote: [Image: 12d239ba210db47079ce4c3235efbeb0.jpg]

You noticed of course, the gap between 2008 and 2016? 
Shall we give the president the benefit of doubt until the FBI completes it's investigation?

OK he said that in 2008. Do you really think they simply stopped Russian money from pouring in?

Trump won't show his tax records. He is a proven liar. So no from me he doesn't get any benefit of doubt.

As if it matter what we think LOL it doesn't.