Pipeline news
Quote:Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind the controversial Dakota Access oil pipeline, is under fire from federal and state regulators after triggering a massive spill, and seven other violations, during the first seven weeks of construction of a major gas pipeline in Ohio.

https://insideclimatenews.org/news/11052...r-partners

Quote:"Ohio EPA believes it's going to be decades before that wetland can be restored to its previous condition,"
(05-28-2017, 09:39 AM)chuck white Wrote:
Quote:Energy Transfer Partners, the company behind the controversial Dakota Access oil pipeline, is under fire from federal and state regulators after triggering a massive spill, and seven other violations, during the first seven weeks of construction of a major gas pipeline in Ohio.

Quote:"Ohio EPA believes it's going to be decades before that wetland can be restored to its previous condition,"
Funny. I read the article and I don't see the amount of land this so called massive spill actually covers.

Massive? That's subjective.. how many  acres is massive?
(05-28-2017, 12:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Funny. I read the article and I don't see the amount of land this so called massive spill actually covers.

At "Inside Climate News.org" one acre is a massive.  Smiling
(05-28-2017, 01:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Right that's what I was wondering. Where is the Ariel view ?
(05-28-2017, 01:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:

We may be guilty of being a little flip  here. 

"it's going to be decades before that wetland can be restored"

Wetlands can be very important plots and don't have to be all that large to effect the natural world around them.
(05-29-2017, 10:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 09:39 AM)chuck white Wrote: https://insideclimatenews.org/news/11052...r-partners

Wetlands can be very important plots and don't have to be all that large to effect the natural world around them.

You bet and of course. Still the size of this spill matters.

OK I found another site that said the spill was 500,000 sq feet. And that didn't help me at all. Until I converted it to acres.
It's 11 1/2 acres.. Not good but still not the end of the world either.
(05-29-2017, 01:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 12:22 PM)tvguy Wrote: Funny. I read the article and I don't see the amount of land this so called massive spill actually covers.

OK I found another site that said the spill was 500,000 sq feet. And that didn't help me at all. Until I converted it to acres.

Unless of course, it happens to be your 11 1/2 acres.
(05-29-2017, 02:44 PM)Cuzz Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 01:45 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-28-2017, 01:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: At "Inside Climate News.org" one acre is a massive.  Smiling

Unless of course, it happens to be your 11 1/2 acres.
Yeah but then I would probably get a butt load of money. It was a wet land. I don't mean to minimize what was done but Wetlands are destroyed every day.
By people who build subdivisions. Or even by ODOT. They can do this as long as they create another wetland somewhere else.
I live right by two of these. One is a regular wetland. The other was built by ODOT and they took an area that was nothing but pasture and created dozens of vernal pools. They even stocked them with fairy shrimp and they have planted rare plants that grow only in this area.
It's only been 7 weeks of construction, give them time.
(05-29-2017, 06:38 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's only been 7 weeks of construction, give them time.

What the hell are you talking about? LOL
(05-29-2017, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 06:38 PM)chuck white Wrote: It's only been 7 weeks of construction, give them time.

Chuck is talking about the "Three Holer" outhouse he is having a contractor build in his front yard. He is going to have them build it and hire someone to dig the hole later. Says the important thing is to get it painted right away so it's not an eye sore. It's constructed of cider blocks and re-bar with a heavy duty steel roof. You really can't trust the weather after all. 
And only 7 weeks into it. He hopes they have it finished by Halloween. Let's see them tip THIS ONE over!  Laughing
(05-30-2017, 05:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(05-29-2017, 07:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Chuck is talking about the "Three Holer" outhouse he is having a contractor build in his front yard. He is going to have them build it and hire someone to dig the hole later. Says the important thing is to get it painted right away so it's not an eye sore. It's constructed of cider blocks and re-bar with a heavy duty steel roof. You really can't trust the weather after all. 
And only 7 weeks into it. He hopes they have it finished by Halloween. Let's see them tip THIS ONE over!  Laughing

Dig the hole!, Don't be silly, I just put gopher bait on the ground and the little critters dig a hole for me.
(But you do have to watch out for those guys, they love nuts)