Water Pressure Too High
(06-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 02:52 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wow, someone is actually worried about washing machine splashes, just a tad OCD there.....If you are THAT concerned about washing machine splash buy a front load washer, they use way less water in the first place and you can't have the door open when they fill, the door must be closed and it locks once you start the cycle.
I don't think your water loss is nearly what you think it is, especially if your faucets are fairly new and low flow, the Aerators will reduce pressure, it's not like you are running a full open valve w/ no restriction directly into your sink.

No OCD, I'm not worried about splashing, just trying to explain it's many times more flow than I have EVER had in any of the dozens of places I've lives through the years. None of the faucets are low flow and it is indeed difficult to get ANY inside or outside faucet to flow as low as half speed on any place I've ever lived in the past. I'd estimate a 1/4 turn of any faucet is at least twice the full on flow of past homes I've lived. I don't believe there are any aerators anywhere.  Embarrassed

The backyard spigot actually has a pressure release attachment that releases the pressure in the hose when you turn it off with something attached to it like a closed spray nozzle.

Ahhh, I see, sounds like you have a pressure problem  Big Grin
The backyard spigot is probably a backflow preventer. Not sure if that is technical term for them, but they suck, and are usually required on outdoor spigots when on municipal water.
(06-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 02:52 PM)GPnative Wrote: Wow, someone is actually worried about washing machine splashes, just a tad OCD there.....If you are THAT concerned about washing machine splash buy a front load washer, they use way less water in the first place and you can't have the door open when they fill, the door must be closed and it locks once you start the cycle.
I don't think your water loss is nearly what you think it is, especially if your faucets are fairly new and low flow, the Aerators will reduce pressure, it's not like you are running a full open valve w/ no restriction directly into your sink.

No OCD, I'm not worried about splashing, just trying to explain it's many times more flow than I have EVER had in any of the dozens of places I've lives through the years. None of the faucets are low flow and it is indeed difficult to get ANY inside or outside faucet to flow as low as half speed on any place I've ever lived in the past. I'd estimate a 1/4 turn of any faucet is at least twice the full on flow of past homes I've lived. I don't believe there are any aerators anywhere.  Embarrassed

The backyard spigot actually has a pressure release attachment that releases the pressure in the hose when you turn it off with something attached to it like a closed spray nozzle.
VS...
I'm sure you are a bright guy with a great deal of expertise in another, or many other, areas. But, I'm guessing this kind of stuff is not within your bailiwick. 
I'd suggest you reach out to someone blue collar type who has some background in using tools, has had to deal with some plumbing, electric, heating, etc. and might guide you through not only this issue but other stuff homeowners have to deal with. 
I don't know where you live, but TVguy is a great resource, works for beer and Slim Jim's, and knows a little about everything. Clete too, has broad skill sets and he will work for boutique beers and travel hints. 
And, you might want to find a way to network with others, sharing skills. If you belong to a church group, Moose Club, favorite pub, or whatever, reach out and start chatting with others. 

Good luck. Unless you have unlimited resources, learning to deal with the issues of home repair are important. Another good option is trading skills, so I hope that might work for you.
Seems pretty simple. I need to test the pressure to see what I'm dealing with and have someone install the proper regulator in the proper place. Easy-peasy.  Big Grin
(06-03-2017, 08:34 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Seems pretty simple. I need to test the pressure to see what I'm dealing with and have someone install the proper regulator in the proper place. Easy-peasy.  Big Grin

No that's too hard. I recommend you build a water tower. You could buy or get  a free old travel trailer. Then get a maybe free old dough boy swimming pool.
Put the pool on top, fill it up.

Now you got a pool and and a guest house. Easy-peasy.
(06-03-2017, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 08:34 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Seems pretty simple. I need to test the pressure to see what I'm dealing with and have someone install the proper regulator in the proper place. Easy-peasy.  Big Grin

No that's too hard. I recommend you build a water tower. You could buy or get  a free old travel trailer. Then get a maybe free old dough boy swimming pool.

OMG! That's the kind of stuff that made American great!

Yeah, VS, I think the handwriting is on the wall: Get someone to do it right once and for all and be done with it. That said, it does not have to be a large plumbing outfit that charges premium prices. These days there are lots of guys (maybe gals?) looking for work who have some background in this area. You might start with Craig's List, but if you do consider meeting at the local McDonalds for breakfast and chat for a bit to get the measure of the person. (For instance, ask if they have pipe threading equipment or plan on renting it). If you don't feel good about the person at least they won't know where you live. Network as best you can to see if you can find a "handy man" who can do the job.
Good luck. It needs to be done.
(06-04-2017, 07:21 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-03-2017, 12:08 PM)tvguy Wrote:

OMG! That's the kind of stuff that made American great!

Yeah, VS, I think the handwriting is on the wall: Get someone to do it right once and for all and be done with it. That said, it does not have to be a large plumbing outfit that charges premium prices. These days there are lots of guys (maybe gals?) looking for work who have some background in this area. You might start with Craig's List, but if you do consider meeting at the local McDonalds for breakfast and chat for a bit to get the measure of the person. (For instance, ask if they have pipe threading equipment or plan on renting it). If you don't feel good about the person at least they won't know where you live. Network as best you can to see if you can find a "handy man" who can do the job.
Good luck. It needs to be done.

My Realtor is a wealth of knowledge. She has a long list of preferred workers for just about everything. Again, thanks for the good advice.
Get one of those shipping containers and turn it on end

[Image: Wijn%20of%20Water%20Restaurant_1.jpg]
(06-04-2017, 10:09 AM)chuck white Wrote: Get one of those shipping containers and turn it on end

[Image: Wijn%20of%20Water%20Restaurant_1.jpg]

And don't forget to add a water pressure regulator.  Laughing
(06-02-2017, 09:57 AM)Hugo Wrote: Need a pressure regulator before it enters the house.

You're welcome.
(06-05-2017, 10:22 AM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-02-2017, 09:57 AM)Hugo Wrote: Need a pressure regulator before it enters the house.

You're welcome.

Thank you. 

Another Wonky. Embarrassed As I said I've been busy, between my list, my wife's list and shuttling the kids to and from school three towns away (until the end of the school year) I'm going to miss a few things. No offence intended.  Smiling
(06-05-2017, 11:26 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 10:22 AM)Hugo Wrote:

You're welcome.

Thank you. 

Another Wonky. Embarrassed As I said I've been busy, between my list, my wife's list and shuttling the kids to and from school three towns away (until the end of the school year) I'm going to miss a few things. No offence intended.  Smiling

And none taken! Hey, I remember those days. My "baby" is now mid 50's so I no longer have those chores but do remember them! And, remember too the struggle in living from pay-check to pay-check trying to feed them, keep them warm in winter, save a bit so they could go to college, and all the other things that drain the pocketbook. 

Hang in there. Mine (3) are out of the nest, not about to come back in  Laughing and doing well. The struggle is worth it when we are blessed and they are all without special needs. Not THAT can blow a hole in the "best laid plans of mice and men".
My pressure gauge arrived today. (Amazon) The water pressure is 65.  Laughing Now what do I do with the damn thing?Anyone want to buy a slightly used pressure gauge?  Embarrassed
(06-05-2017, 05:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My pressure gauge arrived today. (Amazon) The water pressure is 65.  Laughing Now what do I do with the damn thing?Anyone want to buy a slightly used pressure gauge?  Embarrassed

Well 65 is better than the 80+ you thought. Id be content with that.
(06-05-2017, 07:19 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 05:33 PM)Valuesize Wrote: My pressure gauge arrived today. (Amazon) The water pressure is 65.  Laughing Now what do I do with the damn thing?Anyone want to buy a slightly used pressure gauge?  Embarrassed

And I am. Thanks y'all.
(06-05-2017, 09:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

And I am. Thanks y'all.
Good news! 65 # is okay. 
And keep the gauge. Someone will need to borrow it one day and it gives you the right to then borrow something of his.  Big Grin
(06-06-2017, 02:46 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 09:27 PM)Valuesize Wrote:

And I am. Thanks y'all.
Good news! 65 # is okay. 
And keep the gauge. Someone will need to borrow it one day and it gives you the right to then borrow something of his.  Big Grin

Good idea, besides I've got a lot of garage to fill with stuff I'll probably never need. :-)
65 lbs, that is lower than my blood pressure.
(maybe I need a regulator)
(06-06-2017, 05:16 PM)chuck white Wrote: 65 lbs, that is lower than my blood pressure.
(maybe I need a regulator)

[Image: MARIJUANA-PLANT-e1456426960755.jpg]