Skunk Weed
Laughing
Quote:A teenager cut off his own penis and stabbed his mother with a knife during a psychotic episode brought on by a potent form of cannabis called “skunk.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06/03/man-sm...epeatedly/

Quote:The father is sharing the story in support of Lord Nicholas Monson’s efforts to reclassify skunk from a class B to a class A drug and to decriminalize marijuana in the United Kingdom. Monson lost his son who was abusing skunk to suicide and argues that if marijuana were decriminalized, young adults would be less likely to seek out skunk.
(06-04-2017, 09:14 PM)chuck white Wrote: Laughing
Quote:A teenager cut off his own penis and stabbed his mother with a knife during a psychotic episode brought on by a potent form of cannabis called “skunk.”

Quote:The father is sharing the story in support of Lord Nicholas Monson’s efforts to reclassify skunk from a class B to a class A drug and to decriminalize marijuana in the United Kingdom. Monson lost his son who was abusing skunk to suicide and argues that if marijuana were decriminalized, young adults would be less likely to seek out skunk.

The article doesn't even say what "skunk weed actually is.. If it's weed what potency.
Sounds like this kid was already a nut.
(06-05-2017, 11:28 AM)tvguy Wrote:

The article doesn't even say what "skunk weed actually is.. If it's weed what potency.

Yep. We simply can't protect some folks from themselves. Some folks hang themselves while masturbating in order to achieve a "better" orgasm. I say let 'em hang. Folks buy street dugs having no idea who the seller is or whats in the stuff, then die of overdose. Hill people drink bad moonshine to save a few bucks in federal tax and sometimes go blind. 

As Crosby. Stills, and Nash taught us, "Teach your children well".
(06-05-2017, 01:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yep. We simply can't protect some folks from themselves. Some folks hang themselves while masturbating in order to achieve a "better" orgasm. I say let 'em hang. Folks buy street dugs having no idea who the seller is or whats in the stuff, then die of overdose. Hill people drink bad moonshine to save a few bucks in federal tax and sometimes go blind. 

Hill people.. LOL ware am frum we calls um hill billies. Not sure if anyone has gone blind from moonshine is a LONG time, maybe but I get yer point.

I think whatever that skunk weed was must have had PCP or STP Or CIA laced in there.
(06-05-2017, 02:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Hill people.. LOL ware am frum we calls um hill billies. Not sure if anyone has gone blind from moonshine is a LONG time, maybe but I get yer point.

I think whatever that skunk weed was must have had PCP or STP Or CIA laced in there.

Yeah, people on the street tend to invent their own reality all too often. 

Here is a link that "might" help, but suggests that Skunk Weed probably won't mess with you if you don't somehow mess with it. I think you said that above. 

Proving real information is often tough to find:

https://www.leafly.com/news/cannabis-101...k-cannabis

PS: True, it's been a long time since "hill people" went blind from moonshine. But during probation when demand was high some cookers put all kinds of stuff in it to hasten the process, including manure.
(06-05-2017, 02:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Here is a link that "might" help, but suggests that Skunk Weed probably won't mess with you if you don't somehow mess with it. I think you said that above. 

PS: True, it's been a long time since "hill people" went blind from moonshine. But during probation when demand was high some cookers put all kinds of stuff in it to hasten the process, including manure.

Yeah your link just says what i thought it would say.. In  LOT more words.

Skunk weed is Indicus or a train of Indicus. Because... DUH!!!! it smells like a skunk.
Those guys must get paid by the word LOL.

Anyway what ever that kid smoked that made him nuts was not JUST Skunk weed.
(06-05-2017, 03:28 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:20 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 11:28 AM)tvguy Wrote: The article doesn't even say what "skunk weed actually is.. If it's weed what potency.

Yeah your link just says what i thought it would say.. In  LOT more words.

Skunk weed is Indicus or a train of Indicus. Because... DUH!!!! it smells like a skunk.
Those guys must get paid by the word LOL.

Anyway what ever that kid smoked that made him nuts was not JUST Skunk weed.

Well he is just nuts now.
This can, and does, happen to some youngsters when they ingest high amounts of THC. It affects each person differently.
I have no problem with legalization at this point because at least people could know the ratio of THC to CBD levels, and use with caution.
From the comments,
This is what happens when you smoke dope, you come off half cocked.
(06-06-2017, 06:19 AM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote: This can, and does, happen to some youngsters when they ingest high amounts of THC. It affects each person differently.
I have no problem with legalization at this point because at least people could know the ratio of THC to CBD levels, and use with caution.

You imply that the cannabis is what caused the crazy and violent behavior. I don't believe that for a second.
There had to have been something ALREADY wrong with this guy.
(06-06-2017, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 06:19 AM)HolyMaryMotherOfGod Wrote: This can, and does, happen to some youngsters when they ingest high amounts of THC. It affects each person differently.

You imply that the cannabis is what caused the crazy and violent behavior. I don't believe that for a second.

I agree TVguy, but think "Mother" has a point also. "We" still don't know all the effects MJ has on the brains of children and young adults. Still, "this guy" was crackers and winging out from god only knows what other factors.
(06-06-2017, 02:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I agree TVguy, but think "Mother" has a point also. "We" still don't know all the effects MJ has on the brains of children and young adults. Still, "this guy" was crackers and winging out from god only knows what other factors.

We do know. This is the oldest drug known to man.
(06-06-2017, 05:08 PM)chuck white Wrote:

More than likely mushrooms predate it.
(06-06-2017, 06:26 PM)Hugo Wrote:

Twitch  Nah, I smoked weed, years before I ate mushrooms.
(06-06-2017, 07:29 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote: You imply that the cannabis is what caused the crazy and violent behavior. I don't believe that for a second.

Wonky could be the tie breaker.... as he was there at the beginning. Wink  But way back to cavemen, mushrooms were being collected and tried.  I'm not ignoring your PERSONAL experience, but it might not represent all of humanities evolution.
(06-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 02:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I agree TVguy, but think "Mother" has a point also. "We" still don't know all the effects MJ has on the brains of children and young adults. Still, "this guy" was crackers and winging out from god only knows what other factors.

Wonky could be the tie breaker.... as he was there at the beginning.  Wink  But way back to cavemen, mushrooms were being collected and tried.  I'm not ignoring your PERSONAL experience, but it might not represent all of humanities evolution.

Chucky had a famous wager with Methuselah. Whoever lived the longest got the others "stash." Methuselah had some badass shit which he'd always "claimed" was his key to longevity, but evidently Chucky's was even better.  Wink
(06-06-2017, 10:51 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 07:53 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-06-2017, 05:08 PM)chuck white Wrote: We do know. This is the oldest drug known to man.

Wonky could be the tie breaker.... as he was there at the beginning.  Wink  But way back to cavemen, mushrooms were being collected and tried.  I'm not ignoring your PERSONAL experience, but it might not represent all of humanities evolution.

Chucky had a famous wager with Methuselah. Whoever lived the longest got the others "stash." Methuselah had some badass shit which he'd always "claimed" was his key to longevity, but evidently Chucky's was even better.  Wink

Meth User..., I though, he said he was a math user.

No wonder he never heard of Pythagoras.