What's Trumps Problem with the Paris Thing?
I don't know a lot. 
And when I try to find out stuff I too often find the answers buried deep in the weeds and way above my pay grade. 
All I can do is try. 

So, I went to WIKI and looked up the "Paris Agreement". Maybe WIKI is not the final word...but it's better than the stuff I hear at the coffee shop. If you know "the final word" please help me. 

A few excerpts for those who might be interested but have "a life" and didn't have time to look it up. (Emphasis below added by me)
  • In the Paris Agreement, each country determines, plans and regularly reports its own contribution it should make in order to mitigate global warming.[5]There is no mechanism to force[6] a country to set a specific target by a specific date,[7] but each target should go beyond previously set targets.
  • The contributions that each individual country should make in order to achieve the worldwide goal are determined by all countries individually and called "nationally determined contributions" (NDCs).[5] Article 3 requires them to be "ambitious", "represent a progression over time" and set "with the view to achieving the purpose of this Agreement".
  • The level of NDCs set by each country[7] will set that country's targets. However the 'contributions' themselves are not binding as a matter of international law, as they lack the specificity, normative character, or obligatory language necessary to create binding norms.[14] Furthermore, there will be no mechanism to force[6] a country to set a target in their NDC by a specific date and no enforcement if a set target in an NDC is not met.
  • Two counties did not sign: Nicaragua, because: "
In 2015, Nicaraguan envoy Paul Oquist criticized the Paris Agreement for not punishing countries who didn't follow it. He stated Nicaragua will continue countering climate change on its own, with plans being that the country will be "90 percent renewable" by 2020.[73]
  • And Syria. Because, Well, you know.

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement#cite_note-Time-77][/url]
A note: I don't what the hell is going on with formatting as I cut and paste stuff. TVguy? Help me out here. 
(06-05-2017, 02:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: I don't know a lot. 
And when I try to find out stuff I too often find the answers buried deep in the weeds and way above my pay grade. 
All I can do is try. 

So, I went to WIKI and looked up the "Paris Agreement". Maybe WIKI is not the final word...but it's better than the stuff I hear at the coffee shop. If you know "the final word" please help me. 

A few excerpts for those who might be interested but have "a life" and didn't have time to look it up. (Emphasis below added by me)
  • In the Paris Agreement, each country determines, plans and regularly reports its own contribution it should make in order to mitigate global warming.[5]There is no mechanism to force[6] a country to set a specific target by a specific date,[7] but each target should go beyond previously set targets.
  • The contributions that each individual country should make in order to achieve the worldwide goal are determined by all countries individually and called "nationally determined contributions" (NDCs).[5] Article 3 requires them to be "ambitious", "represent a progression over time" and set "with the view to achieving the purpose of this Agreement".
  • The level of NDCs set by each country[7] will set that country's targets. However the 'contributions' themselves are not binding as a matter of international law, as they lack the specificity, normative character, or obligatory language necessary to create binding norms.[14] Furthermore, there will be no mechanism to force[6] a country to set a target in their NDC by a specific date and no enforcement if a set target in an NDC is not met.
In 2015, Nicaraguan envoy Paul Oquist criticized the Paris Agreement for not punishing countries who didn't follow it. He stated Nicaragua will continue countering climate change on its own, with plans being that the country will be "90 percent renewable" by 2020.[73]

[/url]
A note: I don't what the hell is going on with formatting as I cut and paste stuff. TVguy? Help me out here. 

There is no mechanism to force[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement#cite_note-reguly2015-6][6]
 a country to set a specific target by a specific date

Good luck convincing the Trump worshipers of that. According to them he just saved us billions of dollars and saved our country from doom.
YES it's voluntary what we "contribute".

"A note: I don't what the hell is going on with formatting as I cut and paste stuff. TVguy? Help me out here."

Get rid of your Mac Razz
(06-05-2017, 02:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
All I can do is try. 

[/url]

There is no mechanism to force[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Agreement#cite_note-reguly2015-6][6]

Good luck convincing the Trump worshipers of that. According to them he just saved us billions of dollars and saved our country from doom.

"A note: I don't what the hell is going on with formatting as I cut and paste stuff. TVguy? Help me out here."

Get rid of your Mac Razz

Laughing Yep. Maybe should. But the real culprit is the Mac browser I use...Safari. But it links really well with lots of other Mac stuff so I use it. 
If I wasn't so damn lazy I'd fire up Firefox to use on the Forum. It works find on the Mac, I just don't like to mix apples and oranges. (bad analogy.) Back to square one: Lazy. 

By the bye, anything to say about Mr. Trump and the "Paris Thing"?
(06-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
All I can do is try. 

[/url]

Get rid of your Mac Razz

Laughing Yep. Maybe should. But the real culprit is the Mac browser I use...Safari. But it links really well with lots of other Mac stuff so I use it. 
If I wasn't so damn lazy I'd fire up Firefox to use on the Forum. It works find on the Mac, I just don't like to mix apples and oranges. (bad analogy.) Back to square one: Lazy. 

I did comment on that Wonky.. look againSmiling
(06-05-2017, 03:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-05-2017, 02:25 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
All I can do is try. 

[/url]

Get rid of your Mac Razz

I did comment on that Wonky.. look againSmiling

Hey! If it was more than 7 minutes ago I've forgotten.  Sad
Maybe Trump was confused with Paris Hilton.