2nd Thoughts about Comey's testimony
[Image: 1b11df22395f62dd159ce1de9171269b.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(06-12-2017, 06:20 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 03:48 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 12:11 PM)Hugo Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 12:04 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-12-2017, 10:30 AM)SFLiberal Wrote: What we did learn from his testimony, which we already knew and Comey just confirmed, was that the Obama administration was using the DOJ for political purposes.   AG Loretta Lynch was attempting to influence the presidential election.  She needs to be locked up, as does Susan Rice, for using the NSA to spy on political opponents.  

Good point. The AG's  (Lynch) meeting with Bill Clinton* should have raised flags and would have been a legitimate inquiry for the FBI. However, the Trump campaign is known to have direct communication with a foreign sovereign power (Russia) and that is a far more serious concern. And, that Mr. Comey was fired because he insisted on investigating that contact is troublesome. 
Time will tell. 

* Note that Hillary Clinton was not at that meeting.

If you have proof of that accusation, you could be famous.  I suggest you get that to the authorities right away, because they do not have it.
Then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) spoke twice last year with Russia’s ambassador to the United States, Justice Department officials said, encounters he did not disclose when asked about possible contacts between members of President Trump’s campaign and representatives of Moscow during Sessions’s confirmation hearing to become attorney general.

Mike Flynn: 
The retired lieutenant general, who was serving as Trump’s national security adviser, technically resigned after reports hit the news, via leaks, that Flynn had spoken about sanctions to the Russian ambassador before Trump took office. He stepped down 18 days after Yates says she warned the White House about him.

...and the investigation is still ongoing. 

Laughing Laughing Jeff Sessions spoke to the Ambassador within the duties of a US Senator, before he was part of the Trump Administration, as did dozens of others and and HUNDREDS of others have done in the past decades.

Flynn was let go for lying and good riddance.  There is no "here" here, Wonky.  But you keep dreaming of impeachment.......  LOL

AG Sessions recused HIMSELF!

WASHINGTON — Attorney General Jeff Sessions, facing a storm of criticism over newly disclosed contacts with the Russian ambassador to the United States, recused himself on Thursday from any investigation into charges that Russia meddled in the 2016 presidential election.

I'm not sure why Mr. Sessions recused himself, but the fact is he did. (You can do a Internet search and find a video of the statement he gave when in did recuse himself) 

And, if you listened to the hearing today (6/13) you heard Mr. Sessions say he does believe the Russians have been trying to hack into electronic systems in an attempt to meddle with our elections. He (and the FBI) do not have ANY evidence that Mr. Trump is involved. The investigation is to determine if any of the primary actors in the Trump campaign were involved. 

And I'm not "dreaming of impeachment". But I suspect this presidents temperament, lack of understanding about the office he holds, and his off-the-cuff remarks might very well lead to his downfall. Simply put, I think this president is toxic.