A Post For Today
Well, hells bells, there outta be a least one post to start the day on this, a beautiful Saturday morning in the Valley Of The Rogue. 
We, the few, still connected by this virtual wire, have history, if somewhat troubled, but history never-the-less. 

So I will neglect all things political, socially toxic and troublesome to wish THE FEW a stress free and pleasant day as we head into the dog days of summer.
(06-17-2017, 07:58 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Well, hells bells, there outta be a least one post to start the day on this, a beautiful Saturday morning in the Valley Of The Rogue. 
We, the few, still connected by this virtual wire, have history, if somewhat troubled, but history never-the-less. 

So I will neglect all things political, socially toxic and troublesome to wish THE FEW a stress free and pleasant day as we head into the dog days of summer.

Thanks, You too Wonk.
I have lost interest in posting. I wish I kwew where I lost it because I used to enjoy posting here.  Sad
(06-17-2017, 01:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have lost interest in posting. I wish I kwew where I lost it because I used to enjoy posting here.  Sad

You could be the RVF poster boy.
(06-17-2017, 01:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have lost interest in posting. I wish I kwew where I lost it because I used to enjoy posting here.  Sad

I'm thinking you left it on some beach in another country.
FYI... your posts have been missed.  Hope you're doing better.
(06-17-2017, 01:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have lost interest in posting. I wish I knew where I lost it because I used to enjoy posting here.  Sad

Because barley anyone is here and some of them don't listen?

Because it's mostly the same old same old every day?

WTF happened to you with your illness? Has that had a lasting affect? Or just tell me it's none of my bidness Smiling
(06-17-2017, 01:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 01:39 PM)cletus1 Wrote: I have lost interest in posting. I wish I knew where I lost it because I used to enjoy posting here.  Sad

WTF happened to you with your illness? Has that had a lasting affect? Or just tell me it's none of my bidness Smiling
True Clete! We do miss your "voice" here! Hope you are well and feel like easing back into the turmoil that is our special place on the Net. Would love to see some photos of your garden (If you have been able to plant and maintain that).
(06-17-2017, 07:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

True Clete! We do miss your "voice" here! Hope you are well and feel like easing back into the turmoil that is our special place on the Net. Would love to see some photos of your garden (If you have been able to plant and maintain that).

I say we do a guessing game of what's Clete's illness was.
I'm going to guess one of those little fish swam up his Johnson while he was swimming.
(06-17-2017, 07:41 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-17-2017, 07:34 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I say we do a guessing game of what's Clete's illness was.
I'm going to guess one of those little fish swam up his Johnson while he was swimming.

I know where you lost it, but I'm not telling.  Razz

Crying
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...st-tippers

Men and Republicans are the best tippers....... Laughing
(07-10-2017, 06:13 AM)Hugo Wrote: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...st-tippers

Well, I'm a man so I'm at least half coveredWink.

But, I'm not from the Northeast, so...

"A new survey finds men, Republicans, and residents of the northeast are the best tippers."

Bloomburg is a reliable site (my opinion at least) and is known to offer good and trusted information. But I think it's curious that while they report "a study" there is no footnote or endnote citing the study. Wonder how many folks they interviewed? I once saw a newspaper article reporting that blue collar workers (especially truck drivers) were the best tippers in cafes. 

But, at least this is "a study". The truth until someone proves otherwise I guess. 

PS: I frequent a coffee shop where I pump my own coffee from a jug, go to the cash register to pay, and find a table to sit and enjoy my coffee. There is a tip jar at the cash register and I always tip. And I always wonder about it. Tipping for accepting my money? I continue doing it because I'm guessing the person at the cash register is working for min. wage and a little extra will help. Still, for a person my age who over the years thought tipping was for "good service", it seems strange. 
(07-10-2017, 06:41 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 06:13 AM)Hugo Wrote: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/...st-tippers

"A new survey finds men, Republicans, and residents of the northeast are the best tippers."

Bloomburg is a reliable site (my opinion at least) and is known to offer good and trusted information. But I think it's curious that while they report "a study" there is no footnote or endnote citing the study. Wonder how many folks they interviewed? I once saw a newspaper article reporting that blue collar workers (especially truck drivers) were the best tippers in cafes. 

But, at least this is "a study". The truth until someone proves otherwise I guess. 

PS: I frequent a coffee shop where I pump my own coffee from a jug, go to the cash register to pay, and find a table to sit and enjoy my coffee. There is a tip jar at the cash register and I always tip. And I always wonder about it. Tipping for accepting my money? I continue doing it because I'm guessing the person at the cash register is working for min. wage and a little extra will help. Still, for a person my age who over the years thought tipping was for "good service", it seems strange. 

It,s hard to say from the information provided, but it could be those that make more money tip better.

I try to not overlook the importance of tips to many servers and service providers. Most seem to work hard to do a good job for not a lot in hourly pay.
(07-10-2017, 08:14 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 06:41 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

It,s hard to say from the information provided, but it could be those that make more money tip better.

I try to not overlook the importance of tips to many servers and service providers. Most seem to work hard to do a good job for not a lot in hourly pay.

"but it could be those that make more money tip better." I wonder...?