Jeff Sessions backwoods living in the past Total MORON.....

Jeff Sessions Targeting Medical Marijuana Users, Cites 'Historic Drug Epidemic'

“I believe it would be unwise for Congress to restrict the discretion of the Department to fund particular prosecutions, particularly in the midst of a historic drug epidemic and potentially long-term uptick in violent crime. The Department must be in a position to use all laws available to combat the transnational drug organizations and dangerous drug traffickers who threaten American lives,” Sessions wrote.

This IDIOT doesn't think there is a difference between Pot and opiates Blink

Attorney General Jeff Sessions recently submitted a letter asking certain members of Congress to remove federal protections that prevent the Department of Justice from cracking down on medical marijuana patients, cultivators and dispensaries that are in line with state laws.

Under the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment, which passed in 2014 and was recently renewed by Congress, the DOJ is prohibited from spending federal money to interfere with state-level medical marijuana laws.
Sessions sent the letter in May and it was later obtained and released on Monday by marijuana newsite Massroots.com. In it, the attorney general said that the amendment inhibits the department’s ability to properly enforce the Controlled Substance Act, under which marijuana is listed as a Schedule I drug.

Warning FAKE NEWS.......

In his letter, Sessions also called attention to the “significant health effects” caused by smoking marijuana, referencing NIDA's lists of health risks associated with pot, including  “an increased risk of psychiatric disorders such as psychosis, respiratory ailments such as lung infections, cognitive impairments such as IQ loss, and substance use disorder and addiction.”

Well, I swear! You people are deaf dumb and blind. Mr. Sessions is a God fearing Christian man, well groomed, articulate (with a Civil War accent), never crosses against the light, stopped wearing girls panties years ago and knows everything there is to know about farming catfish. 

And it's a know fact (your could look it up) that smoking refer can prevent you from being hired by Walmart. You could still be president of the United States, but not a clerk. 

It's enough to turn a guy into a criminal. See: Mr Sessions knows what he's talking about.
In his letter, Sessions also called attention to the “significant health effects” caused by smoking marijuana, referencing NIDA's lists of health risks associated with pot, including  “an increased risk of psychiatric disorders such as psychosis, respiratory ailments such as lung infections, cognitive impairments such as IQ loss, and substance use disorder and addiction.”

significant health effects[b] MY ASS!!!!!!!!
[/b]
(06-19-2017, 02:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: In his letter, Sessions also called attention to the “significant health effects” caused by smoking marijuana, referencing NIDA's lists of health risks associated with pot, including  “an increased risk of psychiatric disorders such as psychosis, respiratory ailments such as lung infections, cognitive impairments such as IQ loss, and substance use disorder and addiction.”

[/b]

Yea, that my medical reason, IQ loss.
Like a woman's breast, large is nice, but too big can be painfull.

It can be a problem having a large IQ in a world of stupid people.

Without it, I might cross the line.
(06-19-2017, 08:26 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 02:07 PM)tvguy Wrote: In his letter, Sessions also called attention to the “significant health effects” caused by smoking marijuana, referencing NIDA's lists of health risks associated with pot, including  “an increased risk of psychiatric disorders such as psychosis, respiratory ailments such as lung infections, cognitive impairments such as IQ loss, and substance use disorder and addiction.”

[/b]

Yea, that my medical reason,  IQ loss.

Well, all things considered (and they should be I guess) I agree that a large (high?) IQ helps in sorting out the trials and tribulations of the complex times in which we live. 
But...
I suspect that a high IQ is only part of the tool set that helps us navigate the world around us. 
We are living in a highly polarized society and it appears to be a world wide thing. 
There are folks on both (all) sides of the spectrum who are very bright but cling to very different views about political an social norms.
There are other factors in this, our "human condition" that very well may be as important as IQ. Our ability to empathize and relate to others and tolerate divergent views and attitudes may be one factor that could help reduce the tension of this polarization that is tearing us apart. 

The few of us on this space have morphed into very polarized attitudes. Many here are bright folks, informed and aware of the world around us. Maybe we need to get a little better at "listening" and attempting to consider the views and opinions of those with who we don't agree.

Because they may be just as bright as we are. Not just IQ that effects our attitudes. 

Or not.  Razz
(06-20-2017, 07:04 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

[/b]

Well, all things considered (and they should be I guess) I agree that a large (high?) IQ helps in sorting out the trials and tribulations of the complex times in which we live. 
But...
I suspect that a high IQ is only part of the tool set that helps us navigate the world around us. 
We are living in a highly polarized society and it appears to be a world wide thing. 
There are folks on both (all) sides of the spectrum who are very bright but cling to very different views about political an social norms.
There are other factors in this, our "human condition" that very well may be as important as IQ. Our ability to empathize and relate to others and tolerate divergent views and attitudes may be one factor that could help reduce the tension of this polarization that is tearing us apart. 

The few of us on this space have morphed into very polarized attitudes. Many here are bright folks, informed and aware of the world around us. Maybe we need to get a little better at "listening" and attempting to consider the views and opinions of those with who we don't agree.

Because they may be just as bright as we are. Not just IQ that effects our attitudes. 

Or not.  Razz

One can be very clever and not be smart. Let that sink in LOL
(06-20-2017, 02:01 PM)tvguy Wrote:

[/b]

But...

Or not.  Razz

Wasn't necessary to let it sink in.  Big Grin
(06-20-2017, 08:57 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

[/b]

But...

Or not.  Razz

Well I thought what I said might not make sense. Big Grin

I've known people who could breeze through school and get straight A's that very often don't GET a joke that almost everyone else did.
I'm no genius by any stretch but when I was working my boss who worked for many years as a service manager once said I was the best service electrician that had ever worked for him.(pats self on back)
And my point is there were brainiacs that simply were not problem solvers and that's what the job I did amounted to.

Maybe having a high IQ can make people dense? Razz
(06-21-2017, 02:38 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-20-2017, 08:57 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-19-2017, 08:26 PM)chuck white Wrote: Yea, that my medical reason,  IQ loss.

But...

Or not.  Razz

Well I thought what I said might not make sense. Big Grin

I've known people who could breeze through school and get straight A's that very often don't GET a joke that almost everyone else did.
I'm no genius by any stretch but when I was working my boss who worked for many years as a service manager once said I was the best service electrician that had ever worked for him.(pats self on back)
And my point is there were brainiacs that simply were not problem solvers and that's what the job I did amounted to.

Maybe having a high IQ can make people dense? Razz

Not sure, but think we agree.  Smiling