OMG the stupididt show on TV in Eagle Point
This new TV Show Homestead rescue is about a man and his two kids who is supposed to be a homesteading expert .OFF THE GRID
It's so fake and ridiculous it hilarious.
This guy who is supposedly homesteading in Eagle point. With dangerous predators and the "epicenter of forests fires. Laughing

They show his property and say the guy bought it with his last 10 thousand dollars and the structure they call a "cabin" is obviously a nice double wide LOL

Throughout the show the camera man tried to hide the view up the driveway but the did for a brief second and you can clearly see Pacific powers pole and the service line along with phone or cable going to the double wide.

Then the homestead expert says they need a metal roof and they show them tearing off the shingles.

So the  so called expert says it's three tab asphalt shingles and they are flammable and then he sees what's underneath and says... "I've never seen a paper product like that on a roof in my whole life"

WHAT????  It was just tar paper or felt paper! LOL What an IDIOT. I've never seen a three tab shingled roof that DIDN"T have that under the shingles.

It's a comedy show Razz

https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/homestead-rescue/
Larry's but falls ranchette? Cool!
(06-22-2017, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: This new TV Show Homestead rescue is about a man and his two kids who is supposed to be a homesteading expert .OFF THE GRID
This guy who is supposedly homesteading in Eagle point. With dangerous predators and the "epicenter of forests fires. Laughing

They show his property and say the guy bought it with his last 10 thousand dollars and the structure they call a "cabin" is obviously a nice double wide LOL

Throughout the show the camera man tried to hide the view up the driveway but the did for a brief second and you can clearly see Pacific powers pole and the service line along with phone or cable going to the double wide.

Then the homestead expert says they need a metal roof and they show them tearing off the shingles.

So the  so called expert says it's three tab asphalt shingles and they are flammable and then he sees what's underneath and says... "I've never seen a paper product like that on a roof in my whole life"

WHAT????  It was just tar paper or felt paper! LOL What an IDIOT. I've never seen a three tab shingled roof that DIDN"T have that under the shingles.

It's a comedy show Razz

Haven't seen it (and most likely won't) but it proves the point that in the "vast wasteland" of TV there is something out there for everyone.  Smiling
(06-23-2017, 07:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 02:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: This new TV Show Homestead rescue is about a man and his two kids who is supposed to be a homesteading expert .OFF THE GRID

It's a comedy show Razz

Haven't seen it (and most likely won't) but it proves the point that in the "vast wasteland" of TV there is something out there for everyone.  Smiling

Haven't you heard, Wonky, we are in the second golden age of television. There are LOTS of choices. I don't even get to them all.

It's a comedy show Razz

Haven't seen it (and most likely won't

REALLY? And after my stellar review?
(06-23-2017, 02:54 PM)Juniper Wrote:

It's a comedy show Razz

Haven't you heard, Wonky, we are in the second golden age of television. There are LOTS of choices. I don't even get to them all.
Yeah vast wasteland? IMO there are more and better TV shows than ever.
(06-23-2017, 04:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:

It's a comedy show Razz

Hey, that's why I put it in quotes. In 1961 the head of the FCC, Newton Minnow, coined the phrase. I agree there are MORE TV show now, but not sure there are that many "better" ones. Caveat: I admit I have never been a "heavy" user of TV (except for baseball) so I'm not one to judge. (I miss NYPD Blue)
(06-23-2017, 06:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

It's a comedy show Razz

Hey, that's why I put it in quotes. In 1961 the head of the FCC, Newton Minnow, coined the phrase. I agree there are MORE TV show now, but not sure there are that many "better" ones. Caveat: I admit I have never been a "heavy" user of TV (except for baseball) so I'm not one to judge. (I miss NYPD Blue)
There is a LOT of really good television now.  There's more crap than good, but it's out there.

It's a comedy show Razz

No if you don't watch you sure as hell can't judge now can you? Not too sure what shows in the past are better than now. And yes NYPD was very good.

BTW I posted this to you about a TV show you might find interesting because you said...|
  there is remarkable science about them. Some years ago I was interested in hardworking woodwork tools and briefly flirted with using Japanese tools.

[Image: avatar_72.jpg?dateline=1435331520]
tvguy [Image: buddy_offline.png]
Forum User

Threads: 390
Warning Level: 0%
3 hours ago  
(11 hours ago)Wonky3 Wrote: Wrote:I don't claim to know a lot (anything) about swords, Japanese or otherwise, but there is remarkable science about them. Some years ago I was interested in hardworking woodwork tools and briefly flirted with using Japanese tools. In the reading I did, it was explained how the tools evolved from earlier sword making. Remarkable how they blended two very different metals and controlled heat (etc) to make these swords. 

For those interested doing a "google" search would probably be interesting. 

You guys have some things to be treasured and held for the interesting value they provide. Fun posts.

There a TV show called "Forged in fire". They make blades just like you described. All kinds of swords. There are four people who must recreate some ancient sword and there is a time limit.
I always wanted a forge so I find this show very interesting and very informative.
(06-23-2017, 06:53 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 07:16 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Haven't seen it (and most likely won't) but it proves the point that in the "vast wasteland" of TV there is something out there for everyone.  Smiling

No if you don't watch you sure as hell can't judge now can you? Not too sure what shows in the past are better than now. And yes NYPD was very good.

BTW I posted this to you about a TV show you might find interesting because you said...|
  there is remarkable science about them. Some years ago I was interested in hardworking woodwork tools and briefly flirted with using Japanese tools.

Forum User

3 hours ago  
(11 hours ago)Wonky3 Wrote: Wrote:I don't claim to know a lot (anything) about swords, Japanese or otherwise, but there is remarkable science about them. Some years ago I was interested in hardworking woodwork tools and briefly flirted with using Japanese tools. In the reading I did, it was explained how the tools evolved from earlier sword making. Remarkable how they blended two very different metals and controlled heat (etc) to make these swords. 

You guys have some things to be treasured and held for the interesting value they provide. Fun posts.

There a TV show called "Forged in fire". They make blades just like you described. All kinds of swords. There are four people who must recreate some ancient sword and there is a time limit.
I always wanted a forge so I find this show very interesting and very informative.

I saw an episode of that.
(06-23-2017, 07:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 02:54 PM)Juniper Wrote: Haven't you heard, Wonky, we are in the second golden age of television. There are LOTS of choices. I don't even get to them all.

Forum User

3 hours ago  

I thing it's neat that the two winners who compete against each other go to their own homes, shops and build the what ever weapons they were told.
You get to see the tools they have etc. And sometimes the guys with all the top notch expensive equipment get beat by a guy with a crappy little shop and tools LOL
(06-23-2017, 08:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 04:24 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yeah vast wasteland? IMO there are more and better TV shows than ever.

Forum User

3 hours ago  

I thing it's neat that the two winners who compete against each other go to their own homes, shops and build the what ever weapons they were told.
You get to see the tools they have etc. And sometimes the guys with all the top notch expensive equipment get beat by a guy with a crappy little shop and tools LOL

I did see, "Forged in Fire". Seems like it was sometime ago. Maybe not. But thanks for the reminder. I'll watch for a repeat.

About TV and the value of todays programing. You are right that I can't criticize what I don't see. My observations have been on a lot of things I've watched 20 minutes of and then turned off. Still, your point is valid (of course) and we all have different tastes and interests. Example: My daughter thought MADMEN was a great show. I watched two episodes and somehow it didn't grab me. For one thing I was an adult living in those times (albeit not on Madison AVE) and it just did not ring true for me. "Different strokes" and all that. 

What I do miss: The "Red Green" show on PBS (From Canada). He and his buddies wanted to A/C a panel truck so took a torch and cut a gap in the thing, then duck taped a propane refrigerator on it.  Laughing

They had a club. The motto was "We are men...we can't help it" or something to that effect.
(06-24-2017, 07:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 06:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey, that's why I put it in quotes. In 1961 the head of the FCC, Newton Minnow, coined the phrase. I agree there are MORE TV show now, but not sure there are that many "better" ones. Caveat: I admit I have never been a "heavy" user of TV (except for baseball) so I'm not one to judge. (I miss NYPD Blue)

Forum User

3 hours ago  

I did see, "Forged in Fire". Seems like it was sometime ago. Maybe not. But thanks for the reminder. I'll watch for a repeat.

About TV and the value of todays programing. You are right that I can't criticize what I don't see. My observations have been on a lot of things I've watched 20 minutes of and then turned off. Still, your point is valid (of course) and we all have different tastes and interests. Example: My daughter thought MADMEN was a great show. I watched two episodes and somehow it didn't grab me. For one thing I was an adult living in those times (albeit not on Madison AVE) and it just did not ring true for me. "Different strokes" and all that. 

What I do miss: The "Red Green" show on PBS (From Canada). He and his buddies wanted to A/C a panel truck so took a torch and cut a gap in the thing, then duck taped a propane refrigerator on it.  Laughing

They had a club. The motto was "We are men...we can't help it" or something to that effect.

Well, I didn't care for Mad Men either. But I believe it was a very good show. Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean it wasn't a great show.  I never watched the Sopranos or a lot of other shows that were considered top notch. NYPD blue didn't do it for me either.  But I know they were great shows.  It's like a playwright or an author.  They may write amazing things that are classics but I don't necessarily like them. OR I get something else from them.  My main problem is my attention span. Very few shows grab me. I watched This is us and agreed it was a great show and STILL couldn't finish it out. I still haven't watched Fargo this season. I'm watching Better Call Saul, and that's about it.  I have lots of shows I want to watch, but none that scream WATCH ME!!!!
(06-24-2017, 07:55 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 06:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Hey, that's why I put it in quotes. In 1961 the head of the FCC, Newton Minnow, coined the phrase. I agree there are MORE TV show now, but not sure there are that many "better" ones. Caveat: I admit I have never been a "heavy" user of TV (except for baseball) so I'm not one to judge. (I miss NYPD Blue)

Forum User

3 hours ago  

I loved the Red Green show! It was always hilarious. Right up there with Red Skelton for great humor without having to dive into the gutter.

There are videos of them on ytube, naturally.
(06-24-2017, 09:59 AM)pid=\392464 Wrote:I loved the Red Green show! It was always hilarious. Right up there with Red Skelton for great humor without having to dive into the gutter.

There are videos of them on ytube, naturally.

Yep and Benny Hill.
Out of the top 50 TV shows I only watch 4 LOL

The Big Bang Theory CBS
NFL Sunday Night Football NBC
NCIS CBS
The Walking Dead AMC
NCIS: New Orleans CBS
Empire Fox
NFL Thursday Night Football CBS/NFL Network
Scorpion CBS
Blue Bloods CBS
The Blacklist NBC
How to Get Away With Murder ABC
Dancing With the Stars ABC
Madam Secretary CBS
Criminal Minds CBS
The Voice (Tuesday) NBC
The Voice (Monday) NBC
Modern Family ABC
NFL Monday Night Football ESPN
Person of Interest CBS
Downton Abbey PBS
Scandal ABC
NCIS:Los Angeles CBS
60 Minutes CBS
Hawaii Five-O CBS
Castle ABC
The Good Wife CBS
Two and a Half Man CBS
The Mentalist CBS
Mom CBS
American Idol (Thursday) Fox
Grey's Anatomy ABC
Survivor CBS
The Odd Couple CBS
Elementary CBS
CSI CBS
CSI:Cyber CBS
Chicago Fire NBC
American Idol(Wednesday) Fox
Stalker CBS
Chicago P.D. NBC
Law & Order: SVU NBC
Mike & Molly CBS
The Bachelor ABC
Gotham Fox
Game of Thrones HBO
2 Broke Girls CBS
The Middle ABC
Black-ish ABC
Once Upon A Time ABC
The Goldbergs ABC
Source: Nielsen Media Research, Sept. 22, 2014-May 20, 2015, in millions. Excludes repeats, sports pregame and postgame shows, and programs with two or fewer telecasts
TOP 50 SHOWS, ADULTS 18-49
America's most-watched series of the 2014-2015 season in the key advertising demographic (in millions watching) are ...
The Walking Dead AMC
NFL Sunday Night Football NBC
Empire Fox
The Big Bang Theory CBS
NFL Thursday Night Football CBS/ NFL Network
Modern Family ABC
How to Get Away with Murder ABC
NFL Monday Night Football ESPN
Game of Thrones HBO
Scandal ABC
Sons of Anarchy FX
The Blacklist NBC
The Voice (Monday) NBC
American Horror Story FX
The Voice (Tuesday) NBC
Grey's Anatomy ABC
Gotham Fox
Criminal Minds CBS
Scorpion CBS
NCIS CBS
Talking Dead AMC
Once Upon a Time ABC
Black-ish ABC
Better Call Saul AMC
Two and a Half Men CBS
The Goldbergs ABC
Family Guy Fox
Survivor CBS
The Bachelor ABC
Chicago Fire NBC
Mom CBS
American Idol (Thursday) Fox
NCIS: New Orleans CBS
Last Man on Earth Fox
The Odd Couple CBS
Law & Order: SVU NBC
2 Broke Girls CBS
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. ABC
Chicago P.D. NBC
The Middle ABC
American Idol (Wednesday) Fox
The Simpsons Fox
Sleepy Hollow Fox
Castle ABC
Mike & Molly CBS
Shark Tank ABC
NCIS: Los Angeles CBS
Dancing with the Stars ABC
Marvel's Agent Carter ABC
Brooklyn Nine-Nine Fox

Quote:Out of the top 50 TV shows I only watch 4 LOL

2 and half.
(06-24-2017, 02:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
Quote:Out of the top 50 TV shows I only watch 4 LOL

2 and half.

So that means we are both weird Razz

I chose The voice. America's got talent. Better call Saul and Blue bloods.

The voice and America's got talent are often very fast forward worthy but for me still very much worth watching for the incredible talents some people have.

Did you see puddles the clown? I admit it was orchestrated but holy crap that guy can sing.

I never watch any of the talent shows. I watch Better call Saul, and Big Bang and occasionally I'll watch something else but not consistently...I do like the British shows when I can catch them.
Speaking of watching television...I usually have it off, but today I have it on. Rosemary's baby came on and I let it play through...then the end came and there's an aerial shot of the apartment complex they are in and I got a little feeling of shock because I recognized it as the Dakota...site of John Lennon's murder....I think I knew this was the building from some earlier thing I'd read, but I forgot it, so seeing it was very strange and eerie
feeling.