OMG the stupididt show on TV in Eagle Point
I wonder...
I guess stupid TV shows are in the eye of the viewer and it's just a down home fact that we all have interests and tastes that differ. 
Mrs. Wonky for a time never missed Dancing With The Stars and I would sometimes sit with her to watch it. I thought if was just plain silly. But, as I watched it a few times I could understand the concept: Take a celebrity who can't dance, match him/her with a pro, and see who can improve the most. I never looked forward to it, but came to see it not as silly, but just not my "cup of tea". 

Looking back, I can't recall anything on TV that I thought was any better than "The Wire". Still...if one is not drawn to that kind of thing, I can see why it could be seen as just "another cop show". Many folks I know thought "House" was a really good show: I liked about the first three then thought they just rewired the plot a bit and told the same story over again. A matter of taste, for sure. 

In the early 90's there was a TV series, "Brooklyn Bridge" that I thought was brilliant. It lasted only a couple of seasons. Shows you how much I know. 

I never miss recording "Frontline" on PBS. What 60 minutes should have been. 

For those of us "of a certain age" Firing Line, with Bill Buckley was always worth watching. Buckley was often accused of affected speech but he was witty, smart, and always ready to "stir the stuff". If you have never seen the debate between Buckley and Gore Vidal on Firing line, you might want to fire it up on You Tube. 

So much TV. So little time... Laughing
(06-29-2017, 08:35 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I wonder...
I guess stupid TV shows are in the eye of the viewer and it's just a down home fact that we all have interests and tastes that differ. 
Mrs. Wonky for a time never missed Dancing With The Stars and I would sometimes sit with her to watch it. I thought if was just plain silly. But, as I watched it a few times I could understand the concept: Take a celebrity who can't dance, match him/her with a pro, and see who can improve the most. I never looked forward to it, but came to see it not as silly, but just not my "cup of tea". 

Looking back, I can't recall anything on TV that I thought was any better than "The Wire". Still...if one is not drawn to that kind of thing, I can see why it could be seen as just "another cop show". Many folks I know thought "House" was a really good show: I liked about the first three then thought they just rewired the plot a bit and told the same story over again. A matter of taste, for sure. 

In the early 90's there was a TV series, "Brooklyn Bridge" that I thought was brilliant. It lasted only a couple of seasons. Shows you how much I know. 

For those of us "of a certain age" Firing Line, with Bill Buckley was always worth watching. Buckley was often accused of affected speech but he was witty, smart, and always ready to "stir the stuff". If you have never seen the debate between Buckley and Gore Vidal on Firing line, you might want to fire it up on You Tube. 

I wonder...

No not really Wonky as far as the show THIS thread is about "stupid" is when they show a home that's supposed to be "off the grid" and it has a pacific power pole and a service drop right to what they call a cabin and it's clearly a double wide mobile home.
And these people are supposed to be "homesteaders".
And it's only a few hundred feet from a paved road.

But in a way you are correct stupid PEOPLE might enjoy this show LOL

But still you are right to each his own. I suppose one who was or is a dancer might like Dancing with the stars.

And your interpretation of "house" is spot on.
(06-29-2017, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I wonder...

No not really Wonky as far as the show THIS thread is about "stupid" is when they show a home that's supposed to be "off the grid" and it has a pacific power pole and a service drop right to what they call a cabin and it's clearly a double wide mobile home.

But still you are right to each his own. I suppose one who was or is a dancer might like Dancing with the stars.

Don't forget that they will starve to death of they do not learn how to butcher their own rabbits.
(06-29-2017, 02:54 PM)GPnative Wrote:

I wonder...

Don't forget that they will starve to death of they do not learn how to butcher their own rabbits.

Yeah Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing   Four grown healthy adults that live like 10 minutes from Walmart.

It's like on Alaska the last frontier "when the one guy  says if the cows starve we starve"
LOL Really? I kind of doubt it.
That is a much better TV show though because most of what they do is real.
(06-29-2017, 04:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I wonder...

Yeah Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing   Four grown healthy adults that live like 10 minutes from Walmart.

It's like on Alaska the last frontier "when the one guy  says if the cows starve we starve"

I understand it's real.
My question is "why".  Razz
(06-29-2017, 04:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I wonder...

I understand it's real.
Because I like to live vicariously through someone on TV? Razz

Why do people like TV that isn't "real" might be just as good of a question?

Do you remember "three's company" that episode where MR. Roper overheard Jack on the phone and totally mis understood what he said?
Oh wait that was EVERY episode Laughing Any way would have watched the show if it were not for the "REAL" tits?

I like fishing. On "Alaska the last frontier" they fish for Salmon and halibut. I like hunting.. they hunt. I like building things, they build things.
I like to learn things. I have from these type of shows. After a while you get to know the people, And just like in real life some of them are a hoot and fun to watch do things or to listen to.
The parts I don't find interesting I fast forward through.

I remember on "Deadliest catch" I got to know one of the captains ( Phil) and his two sons. he was quite the character and for me he was entertaining. He died and the show took you from beginning to end and it was very sad.
And "REAL"
Maybe It's just that I like people more than I like people acting like someone else.
(06-29-2017, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 02:09 PM)tvguy Wrote: I wonder...

I understand it's real.

Do you remember "three's company" that episode where MR. Roper overheard Jack on the phone and totally mis understood what he said?
Oh wait that was EVERY episode Laughing Any way would have watched the show if it were not for the "REAL" tits?

I like fishing. On "Alaska the last frontier" they fish for Salmon and halibut. I like hunting.. they hunt. I like building things, they build things.
I like to learn things. I have from these type of shows. After a while you get to know the people, And just like in real life some of them are a hoot and fun to watch do things or to listen to.

I remember on "Deadliest catch" I got to know one of the captains ( Phil) and his two sons. he was quite the character and for me he was entertaining. He died and the show took you from beginning to end and it was very sad.
And "REAL"
Maybe It's just that I like people more than I like people acting like someone else.

Is this a great county, or what? 
I'm happy for you that you find stuff you like and because you enjoy it, it IS the best thing on TV. Good line, "I like people more than people acting like people". Of course that kind of shoots Shakespeare out of the water.  Big Grin
(06-29-2017, 06:31 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 05:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(06-29-2017, 02:54 PM)GPnative Wrote: Don't forget that they will starve to death of they do not learn how to butcher their own rabbits.

Yeah    Four grown healthy adults that live like 10 minutes from Walmart.

I understand it's real.

And "REAL"

Is this a great county, or what? 
I'm happy for you that you find stuff you like and because you enjoy it, it IS the best thing on TV. Good line, "I like people more than people acting like people". Of course that kind of shoots Shakespeare out of the water.  Big Grin
What channel is Shakespeare on? Razz

I watch a show called Mountain man. One of the characters is in Idaho and he's a houndsman. Has an old Willies truck he drives around and apparently the local ranchers pay him to drive off the cougars with his dogs.

So he was out training a couple of new dogs and they started chasing a bob cat in the snow. I guess the bobcat got tired of running because he stopped and sat down.
One of the dogs went straight at the cat and at first glance it looked like the dog picked the cat up.
But when I slowed it down you could see the cat grabbed the dog by the head and did this amazing Judo move LOL.

He flung his weight to the side twisting the dogs neck like a cowboy wrangles a small steer and took that dog right to the ground.. And then he did a little ass whopping for a couple seconds.
Next that cat saw the camera man and must have thought Screw you too buddy because the next thing you see are bobcat feet on the camera lens Laughing Laughing

[Image: bobcat.jpg]

Rich has taken his dogs out for a bit of hunt training but things get out of hand when a bobcat appears and causes havoc! The two dogs get into a fight with the small, but strong, cat and Rich is left floundering in the snow as he tries to get to them.
However, before he can get close the bobcat grapples with one dogs, turning it upside down, and then flees from another. As it makes a break for it the agile cat jumps right onto the camera and takes a swipe at the hapless cameraman.

[Image: bobcat-close.jpg]

[Image: bobcat-caermaman.jpg]
I found the show on OnDemand.  I tried to watch it... only made it through about 10 minutes.  Couldn't do it.
(06-29-2017, 09:10 PM)tvguy Wrote: What channel is Shakespeare on? Razz

I watch a show called Mountain man. One of the characters is in Idaho and he's a houndsman. Has an old Willies truck he drives around and apparently the local ranchers pay him to drive off the cougars with his dogs.

So he was out training a couple of new dogs and they started chasing a bob cat in the snow. I guess the bobcat got tired of running because he stopped and sat down.
One of the dogs went straight at the cat and at first glance it looked like the dog picked the cat up.
But when I slowed it down you could see the cat grabbed the dog by the head and did this amazing Judo move LOL.

He flung his weight to the side twisting the dogs neck like a cowboy wrangles a small steer and took that dog right to the ground.. And then he did a little ass whopping for a couple seconds.
Next that cat saw the camera man and must have thought Screw you too buddy because the next thing you see are bobcat feet on the camera lens Laughing Laughing

[Image: bobcat.jpg]

Rich has taken his dogs out for a bit of hunt training but things get out of hand when a bobcat appears and causes havoc! The two dogs get into a fight with the small, but strong, cat and Rich is left floundering in the snow as he tries to get to them.
However, before he can get close the bobcat grapples with one dogs, turning it upside down, and then flees from another. As it makes a break for it the agile cat jumps right onto the camera and takes a swipe at the hapless cameraman.

[Image: bobcat-close.jpg]

[Image: bobcat-caermaman.jpg]

Maybe trump should try to grab that one!   Razz
(06-30-2017, 09:17 AM)Scrapper Wrote: I found the show on OnDemand.  I tried to watch it... only made it through about 10 minutes.  Couldn't do it.

The show? Meaning the stupidest show on TV LOL

Yeah I only stayed with it because it was supposed to be in Eagle Point and it was so fake it was laughable.
There was another episode and I was going to check it out to see what lies they would tell but I couldn't take it LOL