Rest Peaceful, Friend
We lost a friend early yesterday morning... Cletus passed away. He will truly be missed.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(07-10-2017, 10:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote: We lost a friend early yesterday morning... Cletus passed away. He will truly be missed.

OMG! Did not realize he was suffering and near death. Truly, he will be missed!
(07-10-2017, 11:22 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 10:55 AM)Scrapper Wrote: We lost a friend early yesterday morning... Cletus passed away. He will truly be missed.

OMG! Did not realize he was suffering and near death. Truly, he will be missed!

He didn't suffer, evidently just this week he took a turn for the worse. This came as a surprise to me as last time we exchanged Pm's a few weeks ago he said he was feeling good, had got his garden in and so forth. He asked I not share his issues more than that, but I can say he passed without suffering, peacefully while sleeping.

I will miss him, do miss him already.  Sad
Geez....speechless.
Sad
I'm very sad. I thought he was recovering. He will be missed by me. He always had something to offer.
All these years of talking to him here or listening to what he had to say about things. Has helped shape or change my attitude about some things.
He was a great guy.
Ditto that, TVg.

Oh, crap, that's sad. I really enjoyed his company.
Got a PM too,
Very sorry to hear this.
Cletus came to my house and delivered Samosas to me once. Just cause.
Sad
I always looked forward to reading his post.
I had the pleasure of meeting Royal's wife a couple of times, briefly. (I'm ashamed I can no longer recall her name). 

I hope someone here (Scrapper?) has the ability to contact her and relay the condolences of the members of this forum. She seemed to be a delightful woman and I regret the grief she will have to endure. There are no words that will help but kind expressions won't hurt either.
I'm sad to learn of cletus' death. I did not know him in person... perhaps we shared a PM or two... I don't recall. What I do recall was that he was a pleasure to argue politics with. He also knew how to take a joke... and how to toss a verbal harpoon without being offensive.

RIP cletus.

GoCometsGo

FTR, I rejoined this forum for the sole purpose of offering my condolences to those of you that knew him better than I. I'm sure that the RVF will miss him.
(07-17-2017, 04:26 AM)GCG Wrote: I'm sad to learn of cletus' death. I did not know him in person... perhaps we shared a PM or two... I don't recall. What I do recall was that he was a pleasure to argue politics with. He also knew how to take a joke... and how to toss a verbal harpoon without being offensive.

RIP cletus.

GoCometsGo

FTR, I rejoined this forum for the sole purpose of offering my condolences to those of you that knew him better than I. I'm sure that the RVF will miss him.

I'm sorry it took the death of our forum friend to bring you back to these pages. Your sentiments remind us of our loss and I too will remember him in the way you so well expressed it. 

Hope to see you posting here again.
(07-17-2017, 04:26 AM)GCG Wrote: I'm sad to learn of cletus' death. I did not know him in person... perhaps we shared a PM or two... I don't recall. What I do recall was that he was a pleasure to argue politics with. He also knew how to take a joke... and how to toss a verbal harpoon without being offensive.

RIP cletus.

GoCometsGo

He mentioned missing the exchanges he had with you quite a few times since you left. Thanks for checking in and hope all is well with you and yours.

Keep on trucking GCG.....

RIP cletus.

GoCometsGo

Good to know you are still kicking Big Grin
(07-17-2017, 03:22 PM)tvguy Wrote:

RIP cletus.

GoCometsGo

Good to know you are still kicking Big Grin

Yes: Park your truck (leave the engine running of course) and whip of a line or two once in a while.