Local Facebook sites
(07-12-2017, 11:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 08:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: H/arry... A really nice guy. WTF?!?! "Little Man Syndrome" and "Really Nice Guy" don't mesh. It's one or the other and he has proven over and over which he is.  

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
"Oh The Days Dwindle Down To A Precious Few", from September Song, Kurt Weill an Maxwell Anderson. 

Royal (Cletus) is dead. Long live Royal. 

And Larry (Hugo) tells us his has been pretending to be someone he is not, because he wants to push our buttons or something even more strange and unsettling. So, any and all of our exchanges with him have been nothing but a sham, a waste of whatever time we used to engage him. I'm more than a bit pissed: I'm a bit sad. Oh bullshit.  You KNOW who I am, and if you have any memory left in your head, you would KNOW that my past exchanges here were very much engaging and topical.

We have lost Royal. We have lost Larry. (Who want's to interact with someone who invents a persona only to be contrary?) "Invent"?  I CHOSE to stop trying to be engaging and only come here to push Liberal hot buttons.  Why?  It amuses me in my down time.

Our numbers have dwindled: To a "precious few". 

On these pages I have all to often made observations about how we interact and suggested we might need to look at ways to improve the dialog and flow of topic subjects to maintain a thread. The blow-back has been constant and often personal and insulting. So be it. 

But the reality is what it is. We are "The Few". We lost Royal because in time we all come to the end of our lives. But we "lost" Larry (Hugo) because he is not who he claims to be and may not even know who he is. Laughing Laughing  "Lost" me??  I have been 100% honest, from the day I decided that actual "dialogue" was impossible here, that I would only come to insult and misbehave. We have had a core group of "Ranting nut-jobs" who we have allowed to infect and sometimes dominate these pages, This is true, however, I would bet we disagree on who the "Ranting nut-jobs" are..... destroying the flow of exchanges that could have kept our topics on track. 

This valuable space will wither and die. I will morn it because I'm not a fan of Facebook or the other social media sites so broad and general one is lost in the sheer numbers of those posting. It most likely WILL die, especially since Kam mostly hosted it as a favor to his Dad.

We mourn the passing of our friend Royal. I am both angry and sad to learn of Larry's hoax. THERE IS NO FUCKING HOAX.  We are left with "the few". 

We may have destroyed the thing ourselves. 

A sad day in The Valley of the Rogue. 
Oh please... You all know he's full of crap!

(07-12-2017, 08:18 AM)Scrapper Wrote: H/arry... A really nice guy. WTF?!?! "Little Man Syndrome" and "Really Nice Guy" don't mesh. It's one or the other and he has proven over and over which he is.  

"Oh The Days Dwindle Down To A Precious Few", from September Song, Kurt Weill an Maxwell Anderson. 

And Larry (Hugo) tells us his has been pretending to be someone he is not, because he wants to push our buttons or something even more strange and unsettling. So, any and all of our exchanges with him have been nothing but a sham, a waste of whatever time we used to engage him. I'm more than a bit pissed: I'm a bit sad. 

We have lost Royal. We have lost Larry. (Who want's to interact with someone who invents a persona only to be contrary?) 

On these pages I have all to often made observations about how we interact and suggested we might need to look at ways to improve the dialog and flow of topic subjects to maintain a thread. The blow-back has been constant and often personal and insulting. So be it. 

But the reality is what it is. We are "The Few". We lost Royal because in time we all come to the end of our lives. But we "lost" Larry (Hugo) because he is not who he claims to be and may not even know who he is. We have had a core group of "Ranting nut-jobs" who we have allowed to infect and sometimes dominate these pages, destroying the flow of exchanges that could have kept our topics on track. 

This valuable space will wither and die. I will morn it because I'm not a fan of Facebook or the other social media sites so broad and general one is lost in the sheer numbers of those posting. 

We mourn the passing of our friend Royal. I am both angry and sad to learn of Larry's hoax. We are left with "the few". 

What in the world makes you think that? Blink
(07-12-2017, 08:30 PM)tvguy Wrote:

And Larry (Hugo) tells us his has been pretending to be someone he is not, because he wants to push our buttons or something even more strange and unsettling. So, any and all of our exchanges with him have been nothing but a sham, a waste of whatever time we used to engage him. I'm more than a bit pissed: I'm a bit sad. 

We have lost Royal. We have lost Larry. (Who want's to interact with someone who invents a persona only to be contrary?) 

But the reality is what it is. We are "The Few". We lost Royal because in time we all come to the end of our lives. But we "lost" Larry (Hugo) because he is not who he claims to be and may not even know who he is. We have had a core group of "Ranting nut-jobs" who we have allowed to infect and sometimes dominate these pages, destroying the flow of exchanges that could have kept our topics on track. 

This valuable space will wither and die. I will morn it because I'm not a fan of Facebook or the other social media sites so broad and general one is lost in the sheer numbers of those posting. 

We mourn the passing of our friend Royal. I am both angry and sad to learn of Larry's hoax. We are left with "the few". 

Kind of like the old refrain, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand". But that's snide and rude so not really what I want to say. 
I can't be any more clear than the paragraph above. No doubt it's because I simply don't have the skills to fully explain what I'm thinking. 
Simply put, when we look back at the history of our behavior here I think we can see why so many have logged on, stayed a bit, then left us. 
But, I'm beating a dead horse. "It is what it is" as if that bromide really says anything. 
Time will tell.
(07-13-2017, 06:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Kind of like the old refrain, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand". But that's snide and rude so not really what I want to say. 
I can't be any more clear than the paragraph above. No doubt it's because I simply don't have the skills to fully explain what I'm thinking. 
Simply put, when we look back at the history of our behavior here I think we can see why so many have logged on, stayed a bit, then left us. 
But, I'm beating a dead horse. "It is what it is" as if that bromide really says anything. 
Time will tell.

Wonky, I think you worry about little or nothing. This place isn't ever going to be more then it is and that should be OK.

I once likened this to the corner table at the small town diner. The locals drop in for a cup and a little conversation and then move on with their day. We just have a dysfunctional small town population. I'm pretty much fine with that. I learn a little, get a chuckle sometimes and just ignore the ones that don't matter to me.

Just finish your cup and get on with your day. There's always tomorrow.
Excellent post, Cuzz!

(07-13-2017, 07:57 AM)Cuzz Wrote:

Time will tell.

Wonky, I think you worry about little or nothing. This place isn't ever going to be more then it is and that should be OK.

I once likened this to the corner table at the small town diner. The locals drop in for a cup and a little conversation and then move on with their day. We just have a dysfunctional small town population. I'm pretty much fine with that. I learn a little, get a chuckle sometimes and just ignore the ones that don't matter to me.

Just finish your cup and get on with your day. There's always tomorrow.

Yes, well said.
Nomination for post of the month.

Time will tell.
Well Wonky I simply don't get why you had to go from Losing Cletus to saying we may have destroyed the forum.
I guess you said it for the same reason you ALWAYS say it but I thought there might be something new or different.

Yes you are beating a dead horse but that never bothers you before. You simply can't help yourself.
Your never ending pleading for civility. Your disapproval of behavior. Your intolerance for threads going off topic or for CW's record breaking weather.
And now we lose Cletus and somehow you start the same old shit.

You never seem to listen to the fact that this forum has ALWAYS had >>>>>>

"a core group of "Ranting nut-jobs" who we have allowed to infect and sometimes dominate these pages, destroying the flow of exchanges that could have kept our topics on track."

ALWAYS.. you seem to long for the days of yesteryear that NEVER REALLY HAPPENED.

On these pages I have all to often made observations about how we interact and suggested we might need to look at ways to improve the dialog and flow of topic subjects to maintain a thread.

LOL you said it... "all too often" WAYYYYYYY too often Just give it a fucking rest. You are not going to save the forum.
Josephine County neighborhood chat. Quite possibly the dumbest place on the internet.
Original creator and mod died; now her kids moderate, when they're not in jail for meth.
The best.
So many assinine wingnut Dildoes. A 1000 friends of Larry kinda place.
(07-13-2017, 03:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Josephine County neighborhood chat. Quite possibly the dumbest place on the internet.
Original creator and mod died; now her kids moderate, when they're not in jail for meth.
The best.
So many assinine wingnut  Dildoes. A 1000 friends of Larry kinda place.

LOL I'm going to have to go look sometime.
(07-13-2017, 04:24 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 03:22 PM)bbqboy Wrote: Josephine County neighborhood chat. Quite possibly the dumbest place on the internet.
The best.
So many assinine wingnut  Dildoes. A 1000 friends of Larry kinda place.

LOL I'm going to have to go look sometime.

You'll lose a few brain cells if you do.
(07-13-2017, 01:59 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Time will tell.
Well Wonky I simply don't get why you had to go from Losing Cletus to saying we may have destroyed the forum.
I guess you said it for the same reason you ALWAYS say it but I thought there might be something new or different.

Yes you are beating a dead horse but that never bothers you before. You simply can't help yourself.
Your never ending pleading for civility. Your disapproval of behavior. Your intolerance for threads going off topic or for CW's record breaking weather.

"a core group of "Ranting nut-jobs" who we have allowed to infect and sometimes dominate these pages, destroying the flow of exchanges that could have kept our topics on track."

ALWAYS.. you seem to long for the days of yesteryear that NEVER REALLY HAPPENED.

On these pages I have all to often made observations about how we interact and suggested we might need to look at ways to improve the dialog and flow of topic subjects to maintain a thread.

LOL you said it... "all too often" WAYYYYYYY too often Just give it a fucking rest. You are not going to save the forum.

I was entertaining myself by reading old posts, thank goodness we can now, and found this quote from Wonky:  Yea.

That "forum Thang" might well be the death of us. [Image: icon_rvf_cry.gif]

I think it's in Wonky's DNA

Time will tell.

I was entertaining myself by reading old posts, thank goodness we can now, and found this quote from Wonky:  Yea.

(07-13-2017, 10:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 11:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: "Oh The Days Dwindle Down To A Precious Few", from September Song, Kurt Weill an Maxwell Anderson. 

Time will tell.

That "forum Thang" might well be the death of us.

And that was five years ago LOL . Larry called Ponder an idiot and Wonky said that kind of forum thing might well be the death of us. Laughing

(07-14-2017, 01:36 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-12-2017, 08:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: We may have destroyed the thing ourselves.

Time will tell.

And that was five years ago LOL . Larry called Ponder an idiot and Wonky said that kind of forum thing might well be the death of us. Laughing

Big Grin . Well, while I'm often wrong and misstate opinions, sometimes am not clear or concise, reveal my lack of formal schooling and slaughter the English language, I'll continue to make the claim that our lack of civil conduct here is killing the place. 
Said it then, say it now.
And it's not the kind of thing that needs to be argued or debated. It's ONLY my opinion, (often expressed  Razz ) and you can glance at it an pass on by...it costs you nothing to read and should not give you skin rashes.

But to support a point (maybe): 

Here's a list of folks that for one reason or another posted frequently here and have left us or seldom post. Now, I have no proof than many left because they tired of our constant ranting, but I suspect many did. 

Applegate
BlondMom
CometMom
elllemae
GoCommetGo
Imaham
Mark M
Minuteman
Mixlix
OldOregon
Oregon 67
Prospector
Prospero
Publius 
Queue
RedWhitandBlue
Reelo 
Snowlover
Soccormom 
TennisMom
Tornado 
WilleKrash

Proof positive? No. But I'll maintain that civil discourse trumps the "Fuck-you's" that too often grace these pages. 

And now, Larry, to your two-faced postings: 
A recent example:

No, I really DON'T see it.  I'm a nice guy.  A genuine human being.  I just don't understand why you (snowflakes) folks don't understand what I have said repeatedly here.  THIS PERSON HERE, IS NOT WHO I AM.  I come here to release the hounds and fuck with the few people left.  I am NOT misunderstood here.  I am who YOU want me to be here...... [Image: icon_rvf_laugh.gif] [Image: icon_rvf_laugh.gif] 

So, given that you are candid about "This is not the person I am and come here to release the hounds and fuck with the few people left", I have no desire to interact with a "persona" who is not honest enough to engage from a genuine personality. Folks who present from multiple personalities are deemed to need the care of a mental health professional. 

But, all things considered I'm tiring of all this and miss the postings of Prospero an Pubilus (among others) who added content and food for thought. I'll stick around because it's a habit and I'd miss TVguys photo's and constant arguing, Cuzz's wit, Tia's often puzzling posts, and a few others who sometimes post interesting and provocative threads. 

And, you can bet that from time to time I'll continue to rant about the lack of civil discourse on the site.  Wink. Thank the gods for free speech.  Big Grin

Have a great week.
Wonky"I have no proof than many left because they tired of our constant ranting, but I suspect many did."

What IF you are actually right? What if the reason few post here today is all about our behavior and nothing to do with anything else?

After a decade of your pleading..Your words "suggesting" we change our "behavior here" . and keep "our topics on track."
Have you seen any change? I would say at what point will you wake up and see that no one gives a shit about your opinion on this matter.
But I know that you will never get to that point.
 Apparently you don't see the arrogance of your constant lecturing. You were not called the forum hall monitor for nothing. Or the forum nanny and all of that went right over your head. And it didn't change YOUR "behavior one bit
 So what in the whole wide world makes YOU think you can change OUR behavior when YOUR behavior  
 is set in stone?
That's a rhetorical question. Big Grin
(07-15-2017, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky"I have no proof than many left because they tired of our constant ranting, but I suspect many did."

What IF you are actually right? What if the reason few post here today is all about our behavior and nothing to do with anything else?

After a decade of your pleading..Your words "suggesting" we change our "behavior here" . and keep "our topics on track."
Have you seen any change? I would say at what point will you wake up and see that no one gives a shit about your opinion on this matter.
 Apparently you don't see the arrogance of your constant lecturing. You were not called the forum hall monitor for nothing. Or the forum nanny and all of that went right over your head. And it didn't change YOUR "behavior one bit
 So what in the whole wide world makes YOU think you can change OUR behavior when YOUR behavior  
 is set in stone?

Here's a solution: As soon as you detect a "Hall Monitor" or "Nanny" post, pass on by without reading it. 
I do that on occasion with some of your posts.
(07-15-2017, 02:41 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 01:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: Wonky"I have no proof than many left because they tired of our constant ranting, but I suspect many did."

is set in stone?

Here's a solution: As soon as you detect a "Hall Monitor" or "Nanny" post, pass on by without reading it. 
I do that on occasion with some of your posts.
Because not acting like a Hall Monitor or Nanny is not a solution? Laughing

Whatever I don't care that much. I'm just trying to get you see what others see. Even with your calls for civility I enjoy the other posts. So carry on. We need more about your uncle Luther even though we know he is really you.
(07-15-2017, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 06:53 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Kind of like the old refrain, "If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand". But that's snide and rude so not really what I want to say. 
Time will tell.

Big Grin . Well, while I'm often wrong and misstate opinions, sometimes am not clear or concise, reveal my lack of formal schooling and slaughter the English language, I'll continue to make the claim that our lack of civil conduct here is killing the place. 
And it's not the kind of thing that needs to be argued or debated. It's ONLY my opinion, (often expressed  Razz ) and you can glance at it an pass on by...it costs you nothing to read and should not give you skin rashes.

Here's a list of folks that for one reason or another posted frequently here and have left us or seldom post. Now, I have no proof than many left because they tired of our constant ranting, but I suspect many did. 

Applegate
BlondMom
CometMom
elllemae
GoCommetGo
Imaham
Mark M
Minuteman
Mixlix
OldOregon
Oregon 67
Prospector
Prospero
Publius 
Queue
RedWhitandBlue
Reelo 
Snowlover
Soccormom 
TennisMom
Tornado 
WilleKrash

Proof positive? No. But I'll maintain that civil discourse trumps the "Fuck-you's" that too often grace these pages. 

A recent example:

No, I really DON'T see it.  I'm a nice guy.  A genuine human being.  I just don't understand why you (snowflakes) folks don't understand what I have said repeatedly here.  THIS PERSON HERE, IS NOT WHO I AM.  I come here to release the hounds and fuck with the few people left.  I am NOT misunderstood here.  I am who YOU want me to be here...... [Image: icon_rvf_laugh.gif] [Image: icon_rvf_laugh.gif] 

So, given that you are candid about "This is not the person I am and come here to release the hounds and fuck with the few people left", I have no desire to interact with a "persona" who is not honest enough to engage from a genuine personality. Folks who present from multiple personalities are deemed to need the care of a mental health professional. 

But, all things considered I'm tiring of all this and miss the postings of Prospero an Pubilus (among others) who added content and food for thought. I'll stick around because it's a habit and I'd miss TVguys photo's and constant arguing, Cuzz's wit, Tia's often puzzling posts, and a few others who sometimes post interesting and provocative threads. 

And, you can bet that from time to time I'll continue to rant about the lack of civil discourse on the site.  Wink. Thank the gods for free speech.  Big Grin

Have a great week.

At the end of MTF a large number of posters said they wouldn't follow another forum.  The entire group dissolved. Some when to the coast, some came here, some quit and went to FB. Some just ended.  Yeah, some left because of incivility, it's true. But not the larger percentage.
(07-15-2017, 11:59 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-15-2017, 08:24 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-13-2017, 01:59 PM)tvguy Wrote: Well Wonky I simply don't get why you had to go from Losing Cletus to saying we may have destroyed the forum.

Applegate
BlondMom
CometMom
elllemae
GoCommetGo
Imaham
Mark M
Minuteman
Mixlix
OldOregon
Oregon 67
Prospector
Prospero
Publius 
Queue
RedWhitandBlue
Reelo 
Snowlover
Soccormom 
TennisMom
Tornado 
WilleKrash

A recent example:

Have a great week.

At the end of MTF a large number of posters said they wouldn't follow another forum.  The entire group dissolved. Some when to the coast, some came here, some quit and went to FB. Some just ended.  Yeah, some left because of incivility, it's true. But not the larger percentage.

Yes, Tia, I thought about that after I posted it: (I Never learned "Measure twice, cut once"). I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons folks fade away here. I do know of one instance where a member did leave because of all the ranting. It was a woman who was on the forum for some time who worked out at the same gym as I. But, one person does not a case make. (By the way, I came to my senses and stopped the gym. What's the point? Things continue to droop no matter what I do).
I'll attempt to cut down a bit on the Hall Monitoring, but it's deep in my DNA and you can't teach an old dog new tricks or change a leopard's spots. (Damn language: Is that leopards or leopards...or Leopards...wish I had finished 6th grade!). 

Curious: Do you (or anyone else here) watch "Game of Thrones"? I heard on NPR this morning it's starting it's 7th season. Wow. I've never seen it and what little I heard about it at the start did not attract me. But, I admit I don't find this kind of stuff to be "my cup of tea". More of a Gunsmoke kind of guy.  Wink

Last day of the fair. I haven't been in years. I've seen pigs and have eaten all the junk food my body can tolerate. But "the fair" is a time honored tradition and I hope it's well attended. (Mrs. Wonky going with a friend: Damn, I hope she doesn't get yet another tattoo...you'd have to know Mrs. Wonky to know why that is funny) 

It's been years since I had to work (Retired in '92). And still, I love Sunday mornings because it's the day when we don't have to work. And that's crazy too because I worked for a utility company and my schedule included lots of Sundays. Go figure. Maybe it's because in the early years I was dragged to a Holly Roller church and now feel the relief of not having to do THAT on Sundays. (Clete and I belong to Flip Wilson's "The Church Of What's Happing Now") 

And, I enjoy the Sunday newspaper. Not much in it, but it' BIG. (More for my money). 

Enjoy your Sunday. Pray if do that that, drink if you do that. If you pray, thank your God you were not born in Sudan...north or south. If you drink, raise you beer to the sky and be thankful you also have clean water to drink when you run out of beer. 

Now back to real life. (Bye the way, young people: Getting old is not THAT bad)