Local Facebook sites
I haven't been the fair in years also. I never caught Game of Thrones. I'd watch it if they'd make it easier to catch up on the seasons. But they don't. So I haven't.
(07-16-2017, 09:05 AM)Juniper Wrote: I haven't been the fair in years also. I never caught Game of Thrones. I'd watch it if they'd make it easier to catch up on the seasons.  But they don't.  So I haven't.

Mrs. Wonky and friend went early. The bus that was supposed to go from the Mall to the fairgrounds didn't show. (They drove, parked, and walked). Several of the things that were supposed to be open by 11:30 were not. However, they did eat a corn dog and other junk food (Mrs. Wonky does not eat lots of stuff like that) so they enjoyed that. 
She was home by 1:30PM. Tuckered out, she is napping. 
She is unsure about next year. I'm not. 

I'll give up Game of Thrones for a new season of Better Call Saul! 

By the way, read Dennis LeHanes's new book, "Since We Fell" and enjoyed it. His first attempt at writing a female character as his protagonist. I think he got most of it right. Mind candy, but I need some of that. Prior to that read Mark Bowden's "HUE 1968." Bloody telling of a house to house, street to street battle and while I'm glad I read it I don't want to read anything like it for awhile. I think I'm in the mood for another Carl Haasian book. "Bad Monkey" was fun...but I find most of his stuff fun.
(07-16-2017, 09:05 AM)Juniper Wrote: I haven't been the fair in years also. I never caught Game of Thrones. I'd watch it if they'd make it easier to catch up on the seasons.  But they don't.  So I haven't.

"They"?  Those bastards. It's always "they". Big Grin

I think you are a Netflixer. I don't do them. But somehow you need to binge watch all the old episodes to get up to speed. As if you didn't know. Razz

It's a great mini series but some of it isn't. There are several story lines most about each kingdom. Some are excellent and some, like the Dragon lady can be pretty lame.
Don't start liking anyone because they will get killed. And don't get used to hating a villain because later he may be a hero.
I have not watched GoT... But, like Wonky, I look forward to more Better Call Saul.
As for fair going... Hadn't been in ages... 8-10 years or so. We did go to the Linn Co Fair last Thursday night to see Journey; an awesome show! We ended up staying until they closed.
Also saw Pablo Cruise a couple of weeks ago at music in the park... another fun show.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(07-16-2017, 03:32 PM)Scrapper Wrote: I have not watched GoT... But, like Wonky, I look forward to more Better Call Saul.
As for fair going... Hadn't been in ages... 8-10 years or so. We did go to the Linn Co Fair last Thursday night to see Journey; an awesome show! We ended up staying until they closed.
Also saw Pablo Cruise a couple of weeks ago at music in the park... another fun show.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Wow! Journey still around? Must be the grandkids on stage now. And Pablo Cruise is no spring chicken either. How they survived San Francisco in the 70's is a miracle. Proof the drugs, sex and rock&roll are good for you. 

I waiting for a Carol King concert.  Laughing (Oh god...is she dead?  Embarrassed )
(07-16-2017, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I think you are a Netflixer. I don't do them. But somehow you need to binge watch all the old episodes to get up to speed. As if you didn't know. Razz

It's a great mini series but some of it isn't. There are several story lines most about each kingdom. Some are excellent and some, like the Dragon lady can be pretty lame.
Don't start liking anyone because they will get killed. And don't get used to hating a villain because later he may be a hero.
I only have streaming Netflix, so no.
(07-16-2017, 05:36 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-16-2017, 02:51 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I only have streaming Netflix, so no.
I too have streaming Netflix. I'm thinking of giving it up and going back to one CD disc at a time. Streaming has LOTS of content, and I seldom find stuff I like. I've been though all the documentaries I like (Far too many of them are about Hitler) and while I thought "House of Cards" was good the first three seasons I tired of it. But in all fairness to them, maybe I just don't enough attention and miss the good stuff. 
I also have Amazon Prime Video...about the same as Netflix, different shows but basically "more of the same". 
And damned if I'm going to pay for HULU...I am paying about a million dollars a month now for stuff I seldom watch. Let's see...how do you spell F O O L ?  Embarrassed
(08-12-2017, 01:04 AM)argonman Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 09:47 PM)Juniper Wrote: On the topic:  Steve Ryan used to be an MTF member. He's an admin in WARS. I asked him about why I was banned. He said he had zero problem with my postings and didn't see what the problem was. The problem was they have like 20 administrators and lots of them are young and extremely inexperienced at the art of debate or discussion and very opinionated and narrowly exposed to issues and thin skinned. They don't run the place with any kind of maturity.  Dent their feelers and you're out of there. That guy Colby who was in the local Patriot movement was banned because he wouldn't give them inside info on the situation going on at the Galice gold mine stand off. They wanted to use the stand off as a poster child for their right wing stance.  They banned so many people, left and right it was hysterical. Left, Right, whichever.  Even the people who were irritated at me got banned! And most never knew why.  Their idiot page guy, is it Mallory(?) says: "You know why you've been banned" to people, but usually they have no clue.

Colby was not banned because he didn't provide inside info.  I'm not sure where or how that rumor got started but, that is not true.  He was banned for being an asshole, at the time.  He's since mellowed out quite a bit, but that's why he was banned.  And I'm quite sure he'd admit that, too.

Well, that's what  he was putting out there. Be that wrong or right, I am simply amazed the the number of people who have been banned, most of whom added to healthy debate. But the number of trollish, nasty, provocateurs, many of whom are admins, remain. It used to be a good site for discussion, but has become, now, in essence a vipers nest of extreme right wing types, many of whom are very low on the intelligence scale who insult and berate anyone with anything other than a conservative proTrump mind set. It's very hostile there and not productive to any kind of healthy debate or discussion.
(08-12-2017, 10:08 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 09:47 PM)Juniper Wrote: On the topic:  Steve Ryan used to be an MTF member. He's an admin in WARS. I asked him about why I was banned. He said he had zero problem with my postings and didn't see what the problem was. The problem was they have like 20 administrators and lots of them are young and extremely inexperienced at the art of debate or discussion and very opinionated and narrowly exposed to issues and thin skinned. They don't run the place with any kind of maturity.  Dent their feelers and you're out of there. That guy Colby who was in the local Patriot movement was banned because he wouldn't give them inside info on the situation going on at the Galice gold mine stand off. They wanted to use the stand off as a poster child for their right wing stance.  They banned so many people, left and right it was hysterical. Left, Right, whichever.  Even the people who were irritated at me got banned! And most never knew why.  Their idiot page guy, is it Mallory(?) says: "You know why you've been banned" to people, but usually they have no clue.

Colby was not banned because he didn't provide inside info.  I'm not sure where or how that rumor got started but, that is not true.  He was banned for being an asshole, at the time.  He's since mellowed out quite a bit, but that's why he was banned.  And I'm quite sure he'd admit that, too.

Well, that's what  he was putting out there. Be that wrong or right, I am simply amazed the the number of people who have been banned, most of whom added to healthy debate. But the number of trollish, nasty, provocateurs, many of whom are admins, remain. It used to be a good site for discussion, but has become, now, in essence a vipers nest of extreme right wing types, many of whom are very low on the intelligence scale who insult and berate anyone with anything other than a conservative proTrump mind set. It's very hostile there and not productive to any kind of healthy debate or discussion.

Truth!
(08-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Truth!
Must be! Large font and in bold type.
(08-12-2017, 01:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Truth!

Doing again.
(08-12-2017, 08:45 PM)argonman Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 05:39 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 10:08 AM)Juniper Wrote: Well, that's what  he was putting out there. Be that wrong or right, I am simply amazed the the number of people who have been banned, most of whom added to healthy debate. But the number of trollish, nasty, provocateurs, many of whom are admins, remain. It used to be a good site for discussion, but has become, now, in essence a vipers nest of extreme right wing types, many of whom are very low on the intelligence scale who insult and berate anyone with anything other than a conservative proTrump mind set. It's very hostile there and not productive to any kind of healthy debate or discussion.

Truth!

Doing again.

I would definitely like to see better quality posts and debate, that's for sure.

Well, that's not gonna happen.  Last night we have a great poster, a woman I think, advocating and glorifying murder and terrorism of the vehicle murder in Virginia yesterday.  The right wing cronies joined in with her. When others demurred or opposed they were quickly shouted down.  I can't believe who is allowed to continue in that place and who gets 86'd.  Anyone with a strong enough voice and spirit to honestly debate and call out these guys on their own words and actions is seen to the door and  unceremoniously tossed out. Might as well rename the place:  RogueValleyAltWhiteMeetUp.  It pops up on my feed all the time, but honestly I'm participating to a fractional degree. That's not discussion going on in there.  It's drums, and tiki torches.
(08-13-2017, 08:04 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Truth!

Doing again.

I would definitely like to see better quality posts and debate, that's for sure.

Well, that's not gonna happen.  Last night we have a great poster, a woman I think, advocating and glorifying murder and terrorism of the vehicle murder in Virginia yesterday.  The right wing cronies joined in with her. When others demurred or opposed they were quickly shouted down.  I can't believe who is allowed to continue in that place and who gets 86'd.  Anyone with a strong enough voice and spirit to honestly debate and call out these guys on their own words and actions is seen to the door and  unceremoniously tossed out. Might as well rename the place:  RogueValleyAltWhiteMeetUp.  It pops up on my feed all the time, but honestly I'm participating to a fractional degree. That's not discussion going on in there.  It's drums, and tiki torches.

Forgot the pitch forks.
(08-13-2017, 08:22 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-12-2017, 01:52 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Must be! Large font and in bold type.

Doing again.

Forgot the pitch forks.

Yeah, those too.
(08-12-2017, 10:36 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Truth!

Doing again.

That's exactly what it is.
(08-13-2017, 10:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Doing again.

What's amazing Argon, is that you still are associated with it in your capacity. It's really a pretty awful place. It promotes hatred and intolerance and  has very little to do with the Scanner page that it was an off shoot of.
(08-13-2017, 10:56 AM)Scrapper Wrote:

Doing again.

Better yet:  Daily Storm Lite.
I want to sign up (neighborhood.com) and take a look at who is in my neighborhood or what my neighborhood consists of. If I do can I take a look and then remove myself from the site.
(08-13-2017, 03:00 PM)argonman Wrote:
(08-13-2017, 01:30 PM)tvguy Wrote: I want to sign up (neighborhood.com) and take a look at who is in my neighborhood or what my neighborhood consists of. If I do can I take a look and then remove myself from the site.

The site is Nextdoor.com FYI.

Yeah I knew that sounded funny when I typed it. But I did use the right term earlier and when I got to the part where they wanted all my info I stopped.
Still not really sure what makes Nextdoor so great or any better than a local site. For instance Nextdoor vs WestMedfordGroup on FB? Unless you don't use FB, then it's something.