My swallows were swalloed
I had a pair of barn swallows nesting in my redneck Hilton bird house. But the next thing I knew there were two sparrows living there.
Anyway I walked out yesterday and saw this gopher snake who obviously is not limited to eating gophers.

[Image: snake%202_zpsyfkf6678.jpg]
[Image: snake%204_zpsegwbdo8e.jpg]
[Image: snake%206_zpsrlieyq6p.jpg]
And here are the two sparrows who for some reason have packed up and left.

[Image: snake%207_zpsrqv62yun.jpg]
That's too bad for the birds, but those are some cool pics!
There went the neighborhood.
TVguy, you should apply to National Geographic for a position as a photographer. Really great photo's, both in composition and in "telling a story". 
Good stuff!
Holy crapola! That's at your house? I don't do snakes. I'm afraid I would have to move. ?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
(07-11-2017, 08:19 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Holy crapola! That's at your house? I don't do snakes. I'm afraid I would have to move. ?

Snakes and other creepy things are all around. I found snakes in my yard even when I lived in Portland.
(07-11-2017, 08:19 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Holy crapola! That's at your house? I don't do snakes. I'm afraid I would have to move. ?

I'm with you, Scrapper! While I thought the photo's were excellent I too, "don't do snakes"! I don't care that most of then are not poisonous,  I still don't like 'em.
When we lived in Eugene (a lifetime ago) I saw a small snake in our backyard once... I never stepped foot in the backyard again. 2 years... I never went in the backyard.

[b]y GPnative - 7 hours ago

[/b]

That's too bad for the birds, but those are some cool pics!

Thanks Big Grin

Cuzz
   There went the neighborhood.

Actually the year before last the damn gophers were a bigger problem than I've ever had in 20 + years of gardening.
The wiped out plant after plant.  I would try and poison them and replant and they would kill the new plants as well.
So I will happily take the snake over the gophers.
Also I have ground squirrels and last year was an a full blown infestation. I killed around 60 that I know of and I poisoned a lot too.
This year so far I have not seen one single ground Squirrel. Anyway I bet snakes eat their babies. Smiling

Posted by Wonky3 - 6 hours ago TVguy, you should apply to National Geographic for a position as a photographer. Really great photo's, both in composition and in "telling a story". 

Good stuff!

Thanks Wonk Big Grin

[b]Posted by Scrapper - 5 hours ago
Holy crapola! That's at your house? I don't do snakes. I'm afraid I would have to move. ?

[/b]LOL.. My wife is almost that bad
(07-11-2017, 09:05 AM)Scrapper Wrote: When we lived in Eugene (a lifetime ago) I saw a small snake in our backyard once... I never stepped foot in the backyard again. 2 years... I never went in the backyard.

And that is why they turn the lights off, before making love.
[quote='tvguy' pid='392856' dateline='1499757284']
And here are the two sparrows who for some reason have packed up and left.

Good riddance to them. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=english+sparro...fcm&ia=web The snake knows these birds don't belong in America.
(07-12-2017, 08:28 PM)tornado Wrote:
(07-11-2017, 12:14 AM)tvguy Wrote: And here are the two sparrows who for some reason have packed up and left.

Good riddance to them. https://duckduckgo.com/?q=english+sparro...fcm&ia=web The snake knows these birds don't belong in America.
No I meant to say what I said.I had a pair of swallows living there. They are gone possibly swallowed. but yes the baby sparrow may have also been swallowed.

LOL you must have edited your comment while I was responding.