No Pot At JO. County Fair?
The good folks who control Jo.County feel that the FEDs might sweep in and nab anyone enjoying some pot while at the fair.

I doubt it. They cite an instance where the FEDs brought suit against some growers in other parts of the state. Well...maybe, but the use of Marijuana is now widespread and while the FEDs might still want to go after growers (in some instances) I wonder how many resources they want to devote to a country fair. 

If the "powers that be" want to protect the fair goers. the might want to consider restricting the amount of booze that can be served, given that most often drunken behavior causes more trouble that folks being a bit stoned. 

I suspect this decision might have more to do with some old fogies generally opposed to the use of pot that any real concern about the FEDs busting the venue. 

From the MT: 

OSEPHINE COUNTY
Order would ban pot use at events on county property 

By Shaun Hall
Grants Pass Daily Courier
GRANTS PASS — The Josephine County Board of Commissioners is poised to ban events at county parks and buildings, including the county fairgrounds, if the gatherings involve the consumption or possession of marijuana.
Allowing marijuana would open the county up to liabil-ity, according to an order set to be decided Wednesday when the board meets for its weekly business session, scheduled for 9 a.m. at the Basker Auditorium, 604 N.W. Sixth St.
The issue about a ban first came up when a group wanted to hold an event at Lake Selmac county park earlier this year.
A look at the group's online postings led county officials to believe the six-day gathering was going to be 'an epic pot festival,' according to county counsel Wally Hicks.
That group eventually withdrew its application, but the issue about potuse on county property remained, and eventually led to the pending adoption
of a formal order.
The order goes so far as to mention that although the recreational use of marijuana has been legalized in Oregon, it remains banned federally, with penalties for violations potentially including the seizure of facilities used in the commission of the offense.
Hicks noted a federal court case filed in June in Portland in which the neighbors of a Beavercreek marijuana production
SEE BAN, A2

BAN 
From Page [b]A3[/b]
and sales operation allege violation of federal racketeering and drug-trafficking laws.
The plaintiffs are seeking damages for loss of property value and loss of the quiet enjoyment of their property because of noise, traffic, odor, runoff, barking guard dogs and what they consider to be harassment. Among the defendants is the property’s mortgage holder, a bank which allegedly knew of the marijuana operation.
In a related matter, county Parks Director Sarah Wright said the Hope Mountain Barter Faire
went well at Lake Selmac in June, with organizers advertising the event as drug-free and taking reasonable measures to ensure it remained so — measures the other group declined to take. The Barter Faire paid $5,000 to rent the east side of the park for five nights.
In contrast to Josephine County’s stance, the Oregon State Fair next month is scheduled for the second year in a row to display prize-winning cannabis.
Thousands of fairgoers descend on Salem for the state’s annual festival, set for Aug. 25 to Sept. 4. — Reach reporter Shaun Hall at 541-474-3722 or shall@thedailycourier. com.
People drinking... and I can still breathe.
People smoking anything in (or very near) public places... I can not breathe.
If someone wants to do a Smoking Garden, like the Beer Garden... fine... otherwise, no.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Hell, I smoked pot at the fair before it was legal, what makes them think I'll stop now that it's legal.
Sure they can have a rule against it, for all the good that will do.
Just be discreet, like always.
(07-24-2017, 09:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: People drinking... and I can still breathe.
If someone wants to do a Smoking Garden, like the Beer Garden... fine... otherwise, no.

Is smoking cigarettes at county fairs banned?

So are you saying if someone puffs on a joint near near you that you will die? Because that's what happens when you can not breathe  .

Or lets be real. You just find it annoying. Do you ever sit by a campfire?
(07-24-2017, 06:17 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: The good folks who control Jo.County feel that the FEDs might sweep in and nab anyone enjoying some pot while at the fair.

I doubt it. They cite an instance where the FEDs brought suit against some growers in other parts of the state. Well...maybe, but the use of Marijuana is now widespread and while the FEDs might still want to go after growers (in some instances) I wonder how many resources they want to devote to a country fair. 

If the "powers that be" want to protect the fair goers. the might want to consider restricting the amount of booze that can be served, given that most often drunken behavior causes more trouble that folks being a bit stoned. 

I suspect this decision might have more to do with some old fogies generally opposed to the use of pot that any real concern about the FEDs busting the venue. 

From the MT: 

OSEPHINE COUNTY
Order would ban pot use at events on county property 

By Shaun Hall
Grants Pass Daily Courier
GRANTS PASS — The Josephine County Board of Commissioners is poised to ban events at county parks and buildings, including the county fairgrounds, if the gatherings involve the consumption or possession of marijuana.
Allowing marijuana would open the county up to liabil-ity, according to an order set to be decided Wednesday when the board meets for its weekly business session, scheduled for 9 a.m. at the Basker Auditorium, 604 N.W. Sixth St.
The issue about a ban first came up when a group wanted to hold an event at Lake Selmac county park earlier this year.
A look at the group's online postings led county officials to believe the six-day gathering was going to be 'an epic pot festival,' according to county counsel Wally Hicks.
That group eventually withdrew its application, but the issue about potuse on county property remained, and eventually led to the pending adoption
of a formal order.
The order goes so far as to mention that although the recreational use of marijuana has been legalized in Oregon, it remains banned federally, with penalties for violations potentially including the seizure of facilities used in the commission of the offense.
Hicks noted a federal court case filed in June in Portland in which the neighbors of a Beavercreek marijuana production
SEE BAN, A2

BAN 
From Page [b]A3[/b]
and sales operation allege violation of federal racketeering and drug-trafficking laws.
The plaintiffs are seeking damages for loss of property value and loss of the quiet enjoyment of their property because of noise, traffic, odor, runoff, barking guard dogs and what they consider to be harassment. Among the defendants is the property’s mortgage holder, a bank which allegedly knew of the marijuana operation.
In a related matter, county Parks Director Sarah Wright said the Hope Mountain Barter Faire
went well at Lake Selmac in June, with organizers advertising the event as drug-free and taking reasonable measures to ensure it remained so — measures the other group declined to take. The Barter Faire paid $5,000 to rent the east side of the park for five nights.
In contrast to Josephine County’s stance, the Oregon State Fair next month is scheduled for the second year in a row to display prize-winning cannabis.
Thousands of fairgoers descend on Salem for the state’s annual festival, set for Aug. 25 to Sept. 4. — Reach reporter Shaun Hall at 541-474-3722 or shall@thedailycourier. com.
Smoking MJ in public is not legal in Oregon anyway.
(07-24-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 09:57 AM)Scrapper Wrote: People drinking... and I can still breathe.

So are you saying if someone puffs on a joint near near you that you will die? Because that's what happens when you can not breathe  .

I have asthma... I actually could die if it were to send me into a bad asthma attack. A friend's 22 year old son had it happen to him. He died 12 years ago from an asthma attack brought on by second hand cigarette smoke.

Oh, and when we were at the Linn Co Fair recently... I didn't see anyone smoking anything once inside the fair.

And... I stay away from campfires. Also burning BBQ's. I can't even walk past the Rib BBQ outside of Safeway. If I drive up and see it... I leave and go to a different store. I don't even get out of the car.

It's not as simple as just not liking smoke. I literally can not inhale once I've inhaled smoke of any kind. No, I haven't died from it yet... but you literally feel like you are going to die.

Oh, TVguy, you troll you! Big Grin
(07-24-2017, 06:30 PM)Juniper Wrote: Oh, TVguy, you troll you! Big Grin

Right lol the truth of the matter is that scrapper has an ailment that only a tiny minority of people have. Well at least to that degree.... so is it fair to ask the majority to cater to the mInority? As far as I know second-hand marijuana smoke is not a carcinogen
(07-24-2017, 04:43 PM)Scrapper Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 01:03 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I have asthma... I actually could die if it were to send me into a bad asthma attack. A friend's 22 year old son had it happen to him. He died 12 years ago from an asthma attack brought on by second hand cigarette smoke.

Oh, and when we were at the Linn Co Fair recently... I didn't see anyone smoking anything once inside the fair.

Nicotine is a bronchial constrictor, very bad for asthma.
Pot on the other hand is a bronchial dilator, very good for asthma.
I have used pot for my asthma for years. Actually I never get asthma anymore, because I'm always smoking pot.
(07-24-2017, 07:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Right lol the truth of the matter is that scrapper has an ailment that only a tiny minority of people have. Well at least to that degree.... so is it fair to ask the majority to cater to the mInority? As far as I know second-hand marijuana smoke is not a carcinogen

There are also those of us that can and would be fired from our jobs if we were to fail a random pee test for any reason. Were I to smell pot smoke in the air I would need to vacate the area pronto. Even if that meant I just lost my entrance costs. I can't take any chances.
How does one survive that level of sensitivity in the land of summer fires?

I have asthma too. I struggle with air quality conditions much more than a campfire or passive any kind of smoke. But...that's just me.
(07-24-2017, 07:33 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

There are also those of us that can and would be fired from our jobs if we were to fail a random pee test for any reason. Were I to smell pot smoke in the air I would need to vacate the area pronto. Even if that meant I just lost my entrance costs. I can't take any chances.

Stay away from poppy seed muffins too.
The fact is pot stinks and those that smoke it stink also. The smoke is not a issue for me just the stink and that most pot smokers look like crap. Sounds like a great time being around people that stink and look/ live like pigs.......

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
(07-24-2017, 08:42 PM)chuck white Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 07:33 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Stay away from poppy seed muffins too.

Yeah. I really like them too.
(07-24-2017, 09:17 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: The fact is pot stinks and those that smoke it stink also.  The smoke is not a issue for me just the stink and that most pot smokers look like crap. Sounds like a great time being around people that stink and look/ live like pigs.......

Wow! "people that stink and look/ live like pigs......."
A bit hostile are we? 
I kind of like the fragrance of Marijuana smoke. (Maybe 'cause I miss it...haven't smoked in years)
And there are all kinds of people who "live like pigs" who don't use pot. 

Still, your comments are duly noted: Know we now even more about you.  Big Grin
(07-25-2017, 08:09 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-24-2017, 09:17 PM)capitalist pig Wrote: The fact is pot stinks and those that smoke it stink also.  The smoke is not a issue for me just the stink and that most pot smokers look like crap. Sounds like a great time being around people that stink and look/ live like pigs.......

A bit hostile are we? 
I kind of like the fragrance of Marijuana smoke. (Maybe 'cause I miss it...haven't smoked in years)

I have delivered millions of gallons of water, tons of soil over the last few years and have been on hundreds of grows. Yesterday.... 20 foot travel trailer they are living in, ( dope grow) no hookups, 300 lb whale of a woman with a baby, man, 5 dogs all come out of this tiny trailer. ( can you imagine the stink???) Trash everywhere, if this is not a pig wonk, define for me what a human pig is??? Do all the dope growers look and live like this?? No. But many of them do. I can assure you wonk most people would define these people as human pigs.. You don't? Again how do you define a pig? They are is no denying the dope crowd has had a positive affect economic wise, but!!!! There is no denying there has been negative things also such as bringing in a whole class of pigs into the valley. If you have a issue with someone being brutally honest about what is self evident, to bad.. I am more then happy to defend the dope growers on the positive and will point out the negative just as clearly... Many of these people look, act, live and stink like pigs....

A bit hostile are we? 

Of course CP is hostile. If you don't think and act like CP you suck.
(07-25-2017, 12:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:

A bit hostile are we? 

And still...
A "dues paying member" his voice is as welcome here as any.
So, while we do "know even more about him" we also know he is hard working, responsible, and not in jail.  Big Grin
(07-25-2017, 12:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:

A bit hostile are we? 

Lets see, I base my opinion on personal experience, how many gallons of water have you delivered? Hundreds of yards of soil??? Thousands of tons of rock??? Spent more then in month in 2015 defending dope grows in northern ca hayfork area. ( with 4 of my wildland engines with me running one of them) how much experience do you have!!!!! I will bet none! I could set you next to me and make a total fool out of you in a few days seeing many of these grows and the people in them in action. A pig laying on a pig pen does not smell or see the stink. A pig walking by does not notice either as they are the same. I can assure you the none pigs walking by can see and smell the stink.. How do you define a human pig??? A human that lives like animal is a pig and these grows have many of them.. No sewer, trash everywhere, unwashed stinking people running around, these are not pigs?