THIS is your president.
Speaking to the Boy Scouts of America. That's right...the Boy Scouts. 

1. "Boy, you have a lot of people here. The press will say it's about 200 people. It looks like about 45,000 people. You set a record today. You set a record."
The Charleston Gazette estimated 40,000 people in the crowd -- which is a lot! Not sure there is a "record" for attendance at a Boy Scout Jamboree. Also worth noting from the Gazette: "Press staff handling the event did not allow local media to bring film equipment into the amphitheater."
2. "I said, 'Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?' Right?"
Trump, apparently. He spent the VAST majority of this speech jabbing at his political foes and recounting his 2016 successes.
3. "Today, I said we ought to change it from the word 'swamp' to the word 'cesspool' or, perhaps, to the word 'sewer.'"
Remember: "Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?"
4. "Many of my top advisers in the White House were Scouts. Ten members of my Cabinet were Scouts. Can you believe that? Ten."
One of them is Eagle Scout and Attorney General Jeff Sessions, who Trump neither brought along on the trip or mentioned in his speech.
5. "Some of you here tonight might even have camped out in this yard when Mike was the governor of Indiana, but the scouting was very, very important." 
Your guess is as good as mine.
6. "We're doing a lot with energy."
This was part of Trump's introduction of Boy Scout and Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who was in attendance. Apparently, we are "doing a lot" with energy.
7. "He better get them. Oh, he better -- otherwise, I'll say, 'Tom, you're fired.' I'll get somebody."
This "joke" was directed at Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price who was, awkwardly, standing on stage next to Trump. It came amid Trump's public effort to force Sessions to resign and less than a week after Trump threatened Sen. Dean Heller, R-Nevada, on health care.
8. "As the Scout Law says: 'A Scout is trustworthy, loyal' -- we could use some more loyalty, I will tell you that."
Is this about Sessions? Republicans in the Senate on health care? Staffers leaking to reporters? All of the above?
9. "I'm waving to people back there so small I can't even see them. Man, this is a lot of people."
This has to be a record, right?
10. "By the way, what do you think the chances are that this incredible, massive crowd, record-setting is going to be shown on television tonight? One percent or zero?"
As Trump was saying this, CNN was showing shots of the crowd. Also, that crowd was "massive" and "record setting."
11. "By the way, just a question, did President Obama ever come to a jamboree?"
"Who the hell wants to speak about politics when I'm in front of the Boy Scouts?"
12. "I'll tell you a story that's very interesting for me when I was young. There was a man named William Levitt -- Levittowns, you have some here, you have some in different states."
This is my favorite part of the entire Trump speech. He regales a crowd of kids -- most of whom are teenagers -- about life in New York in the post-World War II age. Nothing like knowing your audience!
13. "Oh, you're Boy Scouts, but you know life. You know life. So -- look at you."
???????
This fake president will be leaving in handcuffs or a straight jacket. Yup.  Razz
What I find sad is the very idea that his speech might be inappropriate for the audience is completely lost on him.
(07-25-2017, 06:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote: What I find sad is the very idea that his speech might be inappropriate for the audience is completely lost on him.

Yes it hard to imagine anyone, no matter what polities they have can't see how clueless he is.
Not too mention low class. petty, vindictive and self absorbed.
(07-25-2017, 06:42 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:26 PM)Cuzz Wrote: What I find sad is the very idea that his speech might be inappropriate for the audience is completely lost on him.

Yes it hard to imagine anyone, no matter what polities they have can't see how clueless he is.

Sad Really. The guys is not stupid. He graduated the Wharton Business School, was clever enough to play dodgeball with some of the sharpest real estate guys in Manhattan, and managed to keep a lot of his transactions lost in the bowels of forgotten places. 

But there is just something missing there. And it's obvious and glaring, yet somehow, someway, he convinced millions of people to vote for him and most STILL think he will "Make America Great Again". 

What it says about president Trump is obvious. (Or a least should be). What it says about our country is more confusing and scary. 

And my Democratic party sits like a deer in the headlights when they should be cleaning house and putting new people in leadership positions in the congress. Mr. Trump is ripe for a "take-down" but Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are impotent and too interested in their continuing political careers to get out in front an lead. Well led, the Democratic party could provide a groundswell that would provoke even the Republican leadership to press for this presidents remove from office on the simple grounds of incompetence. Remember, it was only two U.S. Senators and one Congressman who went to the white house and told Nixon he must leave office. 

This president can't be allowed to remain in office. He is an embarrassment and the entire world is watching.
(07-25-2017, 09:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Sad Really. The guys is not stupid. He graduated the Wharton Business School, was clever enough to play dodgeball with some of the sharpest real estate guys in Manhattan, and managed to keep a lot of his transactions lost in the bowels of forgotten places. 

But there is just something missing there. And it's obvious and glaring, yet somehow, someway, he convinced millions of people to vote for him and most STILL think he will "Make America Great Again". 

What it says about president Trump is obvious. (Or a least should be). What it says about our country is more confusing and scary. 

And my Democratic party sits like a deer in the headlights when they should be cleaning house and putting new people in leadership positions in the congress. Mr. Trump is ripe for a "take-down" but Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are impotent and too interested in their continuing political careers to get out in front an lead. Well led, the Democratic party could provide a groundswell that would provoke even the Republican leadership to press for this presidents remove from office on the simple grounds of incompetence. Remember, it was only two U.S. Senators and one Congressman who went to the white house and told Nixon he must leave office. 

This president can't be allowed to remain in office. He is an embarrassment and the entire world is watching.

someway, he convinced millions of people to vote for him

He?  I think the vast majority who voted for him would have voted for any republican or anyone who ran against Hillary.
People like Rush Limbaugh convinced millions of people to vote for him.
(07-26-2017, 02:25 AM)tvguy Wrote:

He?  I think the vast majority who voted for him would have voted for any republican or anyone who ran against Hillary.
Really? There was a "primary season" when Republican voters had other choices. 
Trump was selected BY THE PEOPLE in those primary elections.
The LiarInChief's Twitter account once again proves 45 is a big fat orange lying piece of shit.[Image: 64ac36a3899d7966b7fa36aaa6ec340c.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
[Image: ac303bd9e31b9780b138dbcd6d0ac1d7.jpg]

[Image: a5d14bfd40342e7596b72e79e4235421.jpg]

(07-26-2017, 08:22 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Yes I guess that's true.

From the people that brought you Sarah Palin Sad
(07-26-2017, 01:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 06:42 PM)tvguy Wrote: Yes it hard to imagine anyone, no matter what polities they have can't see how clueless he is.

Yes I guess that's true.

McCain brought us Sarah Palin....'nuff said.
(07-26-2017, 01:26 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(07-26-2017, 01:19 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(07-25-2017, 09:51 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Sad Really. The guys is not stupid. He graduated the Wharton Business School, was clever enough to play dodgeball with some of the sharpest real estate guys in Manhattan, and managed to keep a lot of his transactions lost in the bowels of forgotten places. 

Yes I guess that's true.

McCain brought us Sarah Palin....'nuff said.

And I have heard him say what a mistake that was. Smiling
If Clete is in Heaven then it's a stone cold lock McCain is destined for Hell.
Puerto Rico is a devastated, a disaster zone, and will be for a prolonged period.
Florida and many Caribbean islands are wrecked and in need of assistance.
Houston and western Louisiana are still cleaning up and in need of help.
Forest fires have ravaged many parts of the country and winter rain could cause real problems.
The latest attempt to overhaul our healthcare system would not pass the senate.
The Tax Bill is still not even long enough to use up 3 pages of paper.
The need to provide funds for infrastructure is still waiting for action.
North Korean may be a small backward place but they have BIG weapons.

And our president is preoccupied with the NLF owners and "taking a knee"

I may take up religion again just for the comfort of praying.  Sad
"Trump told San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz that she was a poor leader and accused her of being manipulated by the Democratic Party. Nevertheless she persisted."

[Image: d055e4592a48e97c87de6edf2fbee127.jpg]

(10-01-2017, 07:12 AM)Scrapper Wrote: "Trump told San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz that she was a poor leader and accused her of being manipulated by the Democratic Party. Nevertheless she persisted."

[Image: d055e4592a48e97c87de6edf2fbee127.jpg]

That's our guy! Busy fighting in Tweets with the NFL while Puerto Rico was falling apart.