22 jail beds
The plan is to take 22 lower level inmates from Jackson county jail  to GP to free up beds for the rowdy cowboys at this country crossings shindig.
So is that enough. I don't think so. Maybe country music fans are more troublesome than rock and roll fans. I don't really know.
I do know the only country concert I ever attended was Willie Nelson and I was actually frisked. And then told I had to take my deadly leatherman multi tool all the away back to my car.
I think they were afraid I would jump on stage with my pliers , pinch Willie and force him to play hip hop music.
(07-27-2017, 08:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: The plan is to take 22 lower level inmates from Jackson county jail  to GP to free up beds for the rowdy cowboys at this country crossings shindig.
So is that enough. I don't think so. Maybe country music fans are more troublesome than rock and roll fans. I don't really know.
I do know the only country concert I ever attended was Willie Nelson and I was actually frisked. And then told I had to take my deadly leatherman multi tool all the away back to my car.
I think they were afraid I would jump on stage with my pliers , pinch Willie and force him to play hip hop music.

Laughing Flashed on an image of a Willie Nelson/Jay-Z concert.
(07-27-2017, 08:32 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 08:14 PM)tvguy Wrote: The plan is to take 22 lower level inmates from Jackson county jail  to GP to free up beds for the rowdy cowboys at this country crossings shindig.

Laughing Flashed on an image of a Willie Nelson/Jay-Z concert.

Wa ha Laughing Laughing People would pay to see talent and the other thing.
So far I've sold 400 parking/camping spots at my place. At $75 each per day I can supply all the beer they can drink for free.
Then I'm going to play my guitar with a cowboy hat on and they won't even know they're still at my house. OR that I only know one country song.
Sometimes it's hard to be a woman.
(07-27-2017, 08:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: So far I've sold 400 parking/camping spots at my place. At $75 each per day I can supply all the beer they can drink for free.
Then I'm going to play my guitar with a cowboy hat on and they won't even know they're still at my house. OR that I only know one country song.
Not all THAT farfetched! I'd pay a couple of bucks to hear you, and God knows you have plenty of room. It would be a great venue, friendly dogs greeting the folks, maybe a tab bit of home grown Wacky Weed, junk trucks to crash in when we get tired/drunk, tours of the one of the most "interesting" shops in all of Oregon, and  maybe a fresh tomato or two.

Sounds great.
(07-28-2017, 06:26 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-27-2017, 08:47 PM)tvguy Wrote: So far I've sold 400 parking/camping spots at my place. At $75 each per day I can supply all the beer they can drink for free.
Not all THAT farfetched! I'd pay a couple of bucks to hear you, and God knows you have plenty of room. It would be a great venue, friendly dogs greeting the folks, maybe a tab bit of home grown Wacky Weed, junk trucks to crash in when we get tired/drunk, tours of the one of the most "interesting" shops in all of Oregon, and  maybe a fresh tomato or two.

Sounds great.

Be careful on the beer, I think he recycles it.

Sounds great.

You can get 10% off if you play the harp.
(07-28-2017, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Sounds great.

Too late. I used to play a bit of harp. Then my lungs got old. (I'm sure 40 years of smoking unfiltered Luck Strikes didn't have anything to do with it).

PS: Blues harp is great an I enjoy "Little Walter" and those who came after, but when it comes to getting around on a "mouth harp" I don't think anyone gets it done any better than Charlie McCoy. Sure, he does mostly country, but has backed up some of the best. 

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIweUjqOfMo[/video]
(07-29-2017, 10:42 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 02:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Sounds great.

Too late. I used to play a bit of harp. Then my lungs got old. (I'm sure 40 years of smoking unfiltered Luck Strikes didn't have anything to do with it).

PS: Blues harp is great an I enjoy "Little Walter" and those who came after, but when it comes to getting around on a "mouth harp" I don't think anyone gets it done any better than Charlie McCoy. Sure, he does mostly country, but has backed up some of the best. 

[video=youtube]http:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIweUjqOfMo[/video]

He's VERY good but that just to Ho downey for me LOL
This is more like my style Big Grin  A harmonica is an  incredible instrument when certain people master it's use.
Such a tiny low tech instrument and like in the video below can add a powerful beat or rhythm as well as playing lead.
   I remember buying them in the 70's and a good Hohner blues harp was 4 bucks. Ten or 15 years ago I paid a whopping 22 bucks for one and now they are 40 to 50 bucks Blink Blink Blink

(07-29-2017, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is more like my style Big Grin  A harmonica is an  incredible instrument when certain people master it's use.
Such a tiny low tech instrument and like in the video below can add a powerful beat or rhythm as well as playing lead.
   I remember buying them in the 70's and a good Hohner blues harp was 4 bucks. Ten or 15 years ago I paid a whopping 22 bucks for one and now they are 40 to 50 bucks Blink Blink Blink

Paul Butterfield is a talented, without a doubt! I can understand your opinion (above), and agree that if you are not fond of country stuff, Butterfield and others would be more to your liking. Once caveat: For the most part I think country harp players are more accomplished and full renditions of music while many jazz, pop, and rock players do more "riffs" (not be be dismissed) that Country players. 
PS: And Charlie McCoy is a special story. As a child he was late to learn to talk and had almost no social skills common to a kid of his age. But, somewhere he found a harmonica, taught himself, and make it his "outlet". Whatever... 
PS: I have often thought that a lot of music is "made" by the short riffs of guitars, harmonicas, or other "lesser" instruments than the lead, and the song would have been simply  "okay" if not for these riffs.
(07-30-2017, 07:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(07-29-2017, 03:00 PM)tvguy Wrote: This is more like my style Big Grin  A harmonica is an  incredible instrument when certain people master it's use.

Paul Butterfield is a talented, without a doubt! I can understand your opinion (above), and agree that if you are not fond of country stuff, Butterfield and others would be more to your liking. Once caveat: For the most part I think country harp players are more accomplished and full renditions of music while many jazz, pop, and rock players do more "riffs" (not be be dismissed) that Country players. 
PS: And Charlie McCoy is a special story. As a child he was late to learn to talk and had almost no social skills common to a kid of his age. But, somewhere he found a harmonica, taught himself, and make it his "outlet". Whatever... 
PS: I have often thought that a lot of music is "made" by the short riffs of guitars, harmonicas, or other "lesser" instruments than the lead, and the song would have been simply  "okay" if not for these riffs.

The amount of talent or level of skill often has very little to do with why I like music. I like a beat. I could care less how many different scales on uses or or the level of difficulty The song above has a great beat and I really like when a Harmonica player establishes a rhythm.
Hughie Lewis is a good example.

You bet.

I love the BEAT in this song and a stupid harmonica make it awesome

Norton Buffalo  Big Grin

(07-30-2017, 03:25 PM)tvguy Wrote: Norton Buffalo  Big Grin  

Love his music, can't stand his anti-virus program.
(07-31-2017, 12:42 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Love his music, can't stand his anti-virus program.
John McAfee wrote this?

You won when you posted Bonnie Raitt.   Cool