And a good time was had by all.
(08-05-2017, 09:43 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:41 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:32 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:30 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: I think the whole Tweet thing got out of hand.
It can be handy: For instance during the Arab Spring the protesters used it to communicate effectively in real time and shifted crowds when necessary. The folks in Ukraine found it handy during the "Orange Revolution". 
Of course it's important to let your BF know what you had for lunch.  Eyebrows
And that Mr. Trump uses it to announce policy positions tells us about all we need to know about him. A teenage mind in a old man. 
Whatever: I still think postcards work pretty well.  Laughing

I think if a policy position fits in a tweet then he(they?) probably haven't given it much thought.

Ya think?  Wink

On the other hand, one of his postcard policy positions would mean he wasn't distracted for... uh, what?    Razz

Hey! You might be a good fit to be on the White House staff!

Laughing   My elbows ain't near sharp enough for that crowd!
(08-05-2017, 09:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 03:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 01:51 AM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-03-2017, 07:43 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Funny how that works.
So MANY things are WAY different than in the past.

Hell a lot of things are different now than 10 years ago.

Probably. I can't remember that far back. I do remember what I had for breakfast. Today...not yesterday.  Sad

The other day Trump (71 years old) tweeted something stupid. I know like every other day. And with in 24 hours McCain (80 years old) tweets a response.

Would that have happened even five years ago? We two are both "elderly" I bet you may have thought what I think.
That I'm damn glad I was not born in to today's society.

I think the whole Tweet thing got out of hand.
It can be handy: For instance during the Arab Spring the protesters used it to communicate effectively in real time and shifted crowds when necessary. The folks in Ukraine found it handy during the "Orange Revolution". 
And that Mr. Trump uses it to announce policy positions tells us about all we need to know about him. A teenage mind in a old man. 

What is this "post card" thing? Razz  There is a guy who has been trying to sell some stamps on Craigslist for 75% of what they are worth.With no luck. Like most people my wife and I very rarely mail anything.
(08-05-2017, 03:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 09:07 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 04:04 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 03:44 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-04-2017, 01:51 AM)tvguy Wrote: Hell a lot of things are different now than 10 years ago.

Probably. I can't remember that far back. I do remember what I had for breakfast. Today...not yesterday.  Sad

The other day Trump (71 years old) tweeted something stupid. I know like every other day. And with in 24 hours McCain (80 years old) tweets a response.

Would that have happened even five years ago? We two are both "elderly" I bet you may have thought what I think.
That I'm damn glad I was not born in to today's society.

I think the whole Tweet thing got out of hand.

What is this "post card" thing? Razz  There is a guy who has been trying to sell some stamps on Craigslist for 75% of what they are worth.With no luck. Like most people my wife and I very rarely mail anything.

Hey, snap 'em up! In The Joint stamps are currency you can trade for dirty pictures. 

Old joke: Got any pictures of your wife naked?
Of course not!
Wanna buy some?