Fires fires fires
(09-28-2017, 06:45 PM)GPnative Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 05:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: So what fire is it that's filling us back up with smoke. I can see it and smell it. It fills me with dread. Normally I'm ok and manage but I'm still recovering from that hell hole we came out of.

I don't know, but Im not happy about it. I have been dealing with a bit of an upper respiratory cold this week and its made me super sensitive to the smoke, today was like breathing sand paper, only way to describe it.

Currently Chetco Bar and Indigo to the west, Upmqua North Complex and High Cascades Complex to the north and Miller Complex, Young, Eclipse and Orleans Complex(s) to the south. Probably others too.

It ain't over yet.
(09-28-2017, 05:55 PM)Juniper Wrote: So what fire is it that's filling us back up with smoke. I can see it and smell it. It fills me with dread. Normally I'm ok and manage but I'm still recovering from that hell hole we came out of.

I don't know where it's coming from either but does it matter? I noticed it because of the color of the sun before I even went out.
(09-28-2017, 07:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

I don't know where it's coming from either but does it matter? I noticed it because of the color of the sun before I even went out.

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, exactly; I was just dismayed, because I'm trying to get well, and honestly it made me feel nervous to see it and smell it.
(09-28-2017, 07:38 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 07:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Well, I guess it doesn't matter, exactly; I was just dismayed, because I'm trying to get well, and honestly it made me feel nervous to see it and smell it.

I know Smiling
I smell plastic burning out here in Sunny Valley.
I hate people who burn plastic.
(09-28-2017, 10:44 PM)chuck white Wrote: I smell plastic burning out here in Sunny Valley.

Ach! I hate that smell. It ain't good for you either.
(09-29-2017, 08:37 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 10:44 PM)chuck white Wrote: I smell plastic burning out here in Sunny Valley.

When I smell someone burning trash I go out and find them and turn there ignorant hillbilly ass in.
It makes me furious that people are either that ignorant or that they just don't care.
I wish it was mandatory to have trash pickup.
(09-29-2017, 12:43 PM)tvguy Wrote:

When I smell someone burning trash I go out and find them and turn there ignorant hillbilly ass in.
It makes me furious that people are either that ignorant or that they just don't care.

Burning trash or dumping their trash in the woods, not sure which I hate worse.
(09-29-2017, 12:59 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Burning trash or dumping their trash in the woods, not sure which I hate worse.
 It's the same ignorant low lives.
I used to spend a lot of time in the woods and when I saw  a pile of trash I would sift through until I found a name. A letter, a pill bottle, etc..
Then I call the sheriff and tell him the name. I did this many times and the sheriff would call the number tell them about the illegal dump and the fine. The explain that if the trash was gone in two days he would not press charges.
It worked like a charm almost every time.
I like not feeling like crap. I was really going low with that smoke. I feel a lot better. Yesterday was the first time I actually experienced anxiety smelling it.
(09-29-2017, 03:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like not feeling like crap.  I was really going low with that smoke. I feel a lot better.  Yesterday was the first time I actually experienced anxiety smelling it.
Sorry to have to deal with all that, but you know that just a tad of Vodka (or favorite spirit) will do a lot to ward of anxiety.  Big Grin
(09-29-2017, 03:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: I like not feeling like crap.  I was really going low with that smoke. I feel a lot better.  Yesterday was the first time I actually experienced anxiety smelling it.

Okay, this may sound odd but practice breathing out more.  Counting 123 in and 123456 out. The smoke in the air has cause me to have a breathing problem and this is helping.
(09-29-2017, 04:24 PM)Jeep Wrote:

Okay, this may sound odd but practice breathing out more.  Counting 123 in and 123456 out. The smoke in the air has cause me to have a breathing problem and this is helping.

Huh, never heard of that before.
(09-29-2017, 04:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Yoga

I feel like taking a dump in their yard. Then telling them if they don't mind putting their shit in the air, i don't mind putting my shit in their yard.
(09-29-2017, 04:34 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

I have.   And I was doing some yoga also. But the overall cumulative effect was just overwhelming me. I'm STILL coughing stuff up.  Doctor listened to my lungs and gave me a pneumonia shot. Thanks. Dry
(09-29-2017, 03:42 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
Sorry to have to deal with all that, but you know that just a tad of Vodka (or favorite spirit) will do a lot to ward of anxiety.  Big Grin

In the  middle of the day at work? I'll let them know. Wink
(09-29-2017, 07:07 PM)Juniper Wrote:

You neglected to mention you were at work. But, a bit of Vodka in a tall glass of OJ works if you tell 'em you need the OJ to fight off a cold. It only works a few times a day and never longer than a week. ALERT: Smoking a joint while at work just won't do it. (Unless of course you work at the dumpsters WAY out back.)

Better yet, the hell with work. Marry a rich liquor store owner with a bad heart.
(09-30-2017, 09:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

You neglected to mention you were at work. But, a bit of Vodka in a tall glass of OJ works if you tell 'em you need the OJ to fight off a cold. It only works a few times a day and never longer than a week. ALERT: Smoking a joint while at work just won't do it. (Unless of course you work at the dumpsters WAY out back.)

Better yet, the hell with work. Marry a rich liquor store owner with a bad heart.

I work with drug affected and Trauma affected preschool age children....and their parents... Blink
(10-01-2017, 08:30 AM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-30-2017, 09:15 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

I work with drug affected and Trauma affected preschool age children....and their parents... Blink
Then that rich guy with the liquor store might be a great option.  Laughing