Eclipse? ask me if I care
Don't ask LOL

. I'll just wait until the movie comes out. Or lay on the bed and have my main squeeze turn the lights off.
I mean really, some day some old fart will say.. I was there in 2017 and I saw the.......Yeah we know grampa the eclipse, so what?

So the moon circles the earth endlessly and eventually it blocks our view sun for a bit? OK The same thing happens at the movies when some fat head sits in front of you. What's the difference?
I'm going to drive three hours, for a two minute event and drive three hours back.
Can be done in one day.
(08-04-2017, 06:05 PM)chuck white Wrote: I'm going to drive three hours, for a two minute event and drive three hours back.
Can be done in one day.

Well there you have it. The eclipse is like sex without the drive.
https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/2...active-map

For my zip code:
The eclipse will peak at 10:18:05 am PDT, when the moon obscures 100% of the sun.

[Image: 099238dfe89319e15bc392d4156b0033.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
I dont really give a crap either. Its like people have never seen darkness before.
(08-05-2017, 07:28 AM)GPnative Wrote: I dont really give a crap either. Its like people have never seen darkness before.

You bet. I'd drive clear across the state to see a woman who could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch, a dog who could do long division or a truck that runs on lemon water but this thing in the sky is going to do what it does, what it has done before, and what it will do again. 
I agree with TVguy: I'll catch it on the news. God knows they will show it about a million times.
It's just a big hoax started in Oregon by motel owners.
(08-05-2017, 03:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's just a big hoax started in Oregon by motel owners.

Ha! It's not even gonna happen. As you know, we can't trust science, and I saw on a blog (outta Kentucky) that this "sun thing" is just a bunch of liberals trying to prove the sun is hot. Or not hot. Can't remember. I'll check with Russ.
(08-06-2017, 03:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-05-2017, 03:12 PM)tvguy Wrote: It's just a big hoax started in Oregon by motel owners.

Ha! It's not even gonna happen. As you know, we can't trust science, and I saw on a blog (outta Kentucky) that this "sun thing" is just a bunch of liberals trying to prove the sun is hot. Or not hot. Can't remember. I'll check with Russ.

Any fool knows the sun is hunnerts of times bigger than the moon. So how could the moon block the sun???
Pretty sure Al Gore started all this stuff.
(08-06-2017, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Any fool knows the sun is hunnerts of times bigger than the moon. So how could the moon block the sun???

See there! You just PROVED it. The kind of science that we can all trust.

Funny thing about Al Gore and all this stuff...when I went to see Dunkirk at the theater, I went opening day at 10:30 AM.  Surprisingly, there was quite a few people of different ages there.  Usually at that hour on a weekend it's pretty spare.  So, the trailers came up and the new Al Gore film trailer came up...it was weird because I just knew it was going to go badly.   I just sat really still and kind of scrunched down in my seat and sure enough people in the audience starting yelling at the screen.  Screaming about Al Gore and how he sucked and a lot of other stuff. I actually knew that was going to happen.  It's so Southern Oregon around here.  They probably also think the sun thing is a bunch of liberals trying to prove something.   Rolling Eyes
(08-06-2017, 05:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Funny thing about Al Gore and all this stuff...when I went to see Dunkirk at the theater, I went opening day at 10:30 AM.  Surprisingly, there was quite a few people of different ages there.  Usually at that hour on a weekend it's pretty spare.  So, the trailers came up and the new Al Gore film trailer came up...it was weird because I just knew it was going to go badly.   I just sat really still and kind of scrunched down in my seat and sure enough people in the audience starting yelling at the screen.  Screaming about Al Gore and how he sucked and a lot of other stuff. I actually knew that was going to happen.  It's so Southern Oregon around here.  They probably also think the sun thing is a bunch of liberals trying to prove something.   Rolling Eyes

Yes ignorant dumb fuck programmed people abound. I bet not one single one of them ever read any of Al Gores books. ( yes Wonky , don't have a stroke) I have LOL.

I can't wait to see the film.
(08-06-2017, 06:09 PM)tvguy Wrote:

Yes ignorant dumb fuck programmed people abound. I bet not one single one of them ever read any of Al Gores books. ( yes Wonky , don't have a stroke) I have LOL.

Hey Tia! We were that at the same time!

Hey TVguy...don't bother. On the other hand, check with Tia. The thing put me to sleep and they ignored a significant part of the military history the led to "Dunkirk". But, lots of folks are raving about it so I'm no doubt the odd one out. 

Yes...when the people booed and hissed at the Al Gore preview of his new film, it made me sad. I'm not an Al Gore fan (Voted for Ralph Nader and so helped elect GW) but to boo him...says something about our town. 

And I've yet to read a Al Gore book and I didn't see "An Inconvenient Truth". I do applaud his efforts: Somebody's gotta do it. Now, I wish he or someone would write books and make films about how science might help us live in this world climate change is bringing about. The horse is outta the barn.
(08-06-2017, 07:58 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 03:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Ha! It's not even gonna happen. As you know, we can't trust science, and I saw on a blog (outta Kentucky) that this "sun thing" is just a bunch of liberals trying to prove the sun is hot. Or not hot. Can't remember. I'll check with Russ.

Hey TVguy...don't bother. On the other hand, check with Tia. The thing put me to sleep and they ignored a significant part of the military history the led to "Dunkirk". But, lots of folks are raving about it so I'm no doubt the odd one out. 

Yes...when the people booed and hissed at the Al Gore preview of his new film, it made me sad. I'm not an Al Gore fan (Voted for Ralph Nader and so helped elect GW) but to boo him...says something about our town. 

And I've yet to read a Al Gore book and I didn't see "An Inconvenient Truth". I do applaud his efforts: Somebody's gotta do it. Now, I wish he or someone would write books and make films about how science might help us live in this world climate change is bringing about. The horse is outta the barn.
That's funny!  That we were there at the same time.
Well, Wonk, it wasn't about what led to Dunkirk. I think it was a very full film as it was.
(08-06-2017, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, Wonk, it wasn't about what led to Dunkirk.  I think it was a very full film as it was.
Glad you enjoyed it. Most folks did, and it's a hit at the box office.

Here is a snippet of a review from RogerEbert.com (for what it's worth) 

If somebody were to ask me if I liked this film, I would tell them no. I loathed parts of it and found other parts repetitious or half-baked. But, maybe paradoxically, I admired it throughout, and have been thinking about it constantly since I saw it. Even the aspects of "Dunkirk" that didn't sit right with me are all of a piece. This is a movie of vision and integrity made on an epic scale, a series of propositions dramatized with machines, bodies, seawater and fire. It deserves to be seen and argued about. They don't make them like this anymore. Never did, really. 
(08-06-2017, 03:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Ha! It's not even gonna happen. As you know, we can't trust science, and I saw on a blog (outta Kentucky) that this "sun thing" is just a bunch of liberals trying to prove the sun is hot. Or not hot. Can't remember. I'll check with Russ.

I'm not an Al Gore fan either as far as politically. But as a person I am definitely a fan.
Perhaps you should read one of his books before you decide if you are a"fan" or not.
Like  Earth in the Balance

"the book explains the world's ecological predicament and describes a range of policies to deal with the most pressing problems."
It's not about Global Warming it's about how we are killing our planet.

, Earth in the Balance became the first book written by a sitting U.S. Senator to make the New York Times bestseller list since John F. Kennedy's Profiles in Courage.[1]

In 1993, Earth in the Balance was released in paperback and audiobook format on audio cassette tape.
It received the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights 1993
(08-07-2017, 10:36 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote: Well, Wonk, it wasn't about what led to Dunkirk.  I think it was a very full film as it was.
Glad you enjoyed it. Most folks did, and it's a hit at the box office.

Here is a snippet of a review from RogerEbert.com (for what it's worth) 

If somebody were to ask me if I liked this film, I would tell them no. I loathed parts of it and found other parts repetitious or half-baked. But, maybe paradoxically, I admired it throughout, and have been thinking about it constantly since I saw it. Even the aspects of "Dunkirk" that didn't sit right with me are all of a piece. This is a movie of vision and integrity made on an epic scale, a series of propositions dramatized with machines, bodies, seawater and fire. It deserves to be seen and argued about. They don't make them like this anymore. Never did, really. 
Is that a contradiction or what???
(08-06-2017, 08:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 03:21 PM)tvguy Wrote:  Any fool knows the sun is hunnerts of times bigger than the moon. So how could the moon block the sun???

Where?
(08-07-2017, 02:27 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 08:03 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 05:50 PM)Juniper Wrote: Funny thing about Al Gore and all this stuff...when I went to see Dunkirk at the theater, I went opening day at 10:30 AM.  Surprisingly, there was quite a few people of different ages there.  Usually at that hour on a weekend it's pretty spare.  So, the trailers came up and the new Al Gore film trailer came up...it was weird because I just knew it was going to go badly.   I just sat really still and kind of scrunched down in my seat and sure enough people in the audience starting yelling at the screen.  Screaming about Al Gore and how he sucked and a lot of other stuff. I actually knew that was going to happen.  It's so Southern Oregon around here.  They probably also think the sun thing is a bunch of liberals trying to prove something.   Rolling Eyes

Where?

Tinseltown in Medford Center.