Thank the gods for Air Conditioning
(08-10-2017, 10:22 AM)GPnative Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 01:45 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 04:39 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-08-2017, 04:36 PM)Scrapper Wrote: Wonky are you on any blood thinners? My Dad takes them and has a hard time getting warm if the temp is under 75.

BTW,  autocorrect changed Wonky to Wrinkly... LOL

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
 I'm sure blood thinners have a lot to do with it. But IMO so does blood circulation. I think even more
And something that may or may not be true... It seemed to me like the guys I worked with who were always cold and who always wanted the heat turned up in the break rooms.. Drank a LOT of coffee.

Nope, not on blood thinners. (I do take the .81mg Aspirin each day).
Some of us older folks just have to deal with blood vessels (etc) getting older, harder, more narrow, and generally worn out. 
But I reached that age where I no longer have stuff checked out. If it knocks me to the floor and I have to go to the emergency room, then maybe I'll find out what is going on. 
Tired of Dr. visits, and we older people are seeing Dr.s too damn often and using up all the Medicare money. We reach a certain age, we should just accept that things are going to start going south. 
Still...I have coffee, stuff to read, a really wonderful wife, hot water when I want it, soft foods to gum down, and I don't have to sit down to pee. Yet.
Life is good. 
Still...I do enjoy pissing and moaning.  Razz

I wish my step dad would come to that realization, he still has this belief that shit that is wrong with him can be fixed or solved. Can't even imagine the medical costs he has racked up...with no improvements to his ailments. Sometimes I just want to scream at him YOU ARE 85 HOW GOOD DO THINK ITS GOING TO GET FOR YOU. The treatments cause more harm than good!

My own experience has (recently) been that acceptance is a kind of relief and a sort of blessing. 
And, it's just a fact that too many older folks (say 80 and older) are spending down too much Medicare money for almost no positive results. I have no issues with old folks seeing physicians when there is something obvious that can be "cured", making daily life better. But I know of too many who are having endless MRI's and other expensive tests. and, the medical folks encourage it, helping their bottom line while doing very little for most patients. 

May we all live until that day when we no longer want to live even another day.
"Thank the Gods for AC?" Looking at this time lapse I'd say you have it as bad as I do or worse. It burns my eyes and gives me a sore throat if I'm outside for even a short time. 

I did my lap swimming in the Seaside pool today, followed by about an hour on my bike on the boardwalk. There is a beach volleyball tournament happening this weekend so it was an excellent people watching day, but it took a little longer getting out of town.

I'm home and VERY thankful I set the AC at 78 before I left.....Friggin smoke.   Rolling Eyes

Sorry.  Embarrassed

http://grantspassweather.com/images/weathermovies/