The President: Afghanistan.
Wow. What a difference when Mr. Trump reads a speech well crafted and stays on point without veering off and rambling about topics not related. 

The man looked "presidential". 

Now: About the content of what he said: 

_____________________________?
What difference does it make? He has lied so often about everything, big and small, you'd be a fool (or a Trumpster) if you believe ANYTHING he says. 

Sorry if my post doesn't conform to your expectations the direction of this thread should take.  Razz
I'll have to disagree with Wonky. I think he's just trying to play nice.

I didn't think the speech was particularly that good, as speeches go. And, I don't think trump is a very good speaker, as speakers go. It was an improvement over his usual off the cuff interviews. And it was plain someone wrote the speech for him even though it seemed to be written in trumpese. Or maybe he was ad libbing again.
Things that make you go, "Hmmmm...."

From a friend...

....and then there's this....

FYI... Thanks, friend!  Wink
(08-22-2017, 09:50 AM)Scrapper Wrote: Things that make you go, "Hmmmm...."

From a friend...

Does it?  Make you go "Hmmmm". ?
Are these videos in the correct thread? If they are, I'm hearing the whooshing sound of them going over my head.  Embarrassed
(08-22-2017, 10:50 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Are these videos in the correct thread? If they are, I'm hearing the whooshing sound of them going over my head.  Embarrassed

I think it's a comparison of fighting in Afghanistan and Vietnam.
(08-22-2017, 02:13 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 10:50 AM)Valuesize Wrote: Are these videos in the correct thread? If they are, I'm hearing the whooshing sound of them going over my head.  Embarrassed

I think it's a comparison of fighting in Afghanistan and Vietnam.
There are limits to historic parallels. Afghanistan is not Vietnam. But the Afghans we are fighting are fanatics too, skilled enough to beat the Russians, willing to wait us out, able to retreat to sanctuaries in Pakistan. The government of our Afghan ally is corrupt, and its young men don't seem motivated to join our fight.

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/joh...nistan-war
We haven't even gotten any good restaurants out of this endless war. At least Vietnam and Korea have made themselves Americans whether the Donald thinks so or not.
Maybe they can make it two countries.
(08-22-2017, 09:42 PM)bbqboy Wrote: We haven't even gotten any good restaurants out of this endless war. At least Vietnam and Korea have made themselves Americans whether the Donald thinks so or not.

Best argument I've heard about opposition to the war in Afghanistan.  Big Grin
Someone of this forum said that Afghanistan kicked Russias ass.

In reference to what North Vietnam did to us. Maybe Wonky?  But Russia was kicking the afghans ass until WE stepped in and gave them Afghans weapons.
At least that's the way I remember it.

Now Trump is suddenly a war Hawk planning on increasing our war efforts. In direct opposition to what the man has said before.
And he's going to kill ALL the terrorists. As if that has not been the plan all along.

What a freaking dumbass.
(08-22-2017, 07:54 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Wow. What a difference when Mr. Trump reads a speech well crafted and stays on point without veering off and rambling about topics not related. 

Then he went back to true form in Phoenix.
(08-23-2017, 02:42 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(08-22-2017, 07:54 AM)Wonky3 Wrote: Wow. What a difference when Mr. Trump reads a speech well crafted and stays on point without veering off and rambling about topics not related. 

Then he went back to true form in Phoenix.

Smiling Yep. I'm a baseball fan. Every once in a while a guy hitting .240 will have a streak and start hitting .350. But if he has been around awhile, he's a .240 hitter and will revert back to his skills and again be a .240 hitter. 

So I think you as right as rain: He is reverting to form. It's sad, really. Too bad the staff can't convince him to stay on script and stop tweeting and speaking without notes.