Our State Govt. and Private Business
Capitalism works. 
And hand in had with government, as a needed aid, and as oversight to prevent unbridled greed, it works well for all of us. Private businesses have fueled our system and hand in hand with government will continue as long as we acknowledge the balance necessary to provide the checks and balances. 
Remember when president Obama was chided for saying "You didn't build that..."? Well...

Brown to sign bill in SE Oregon

ONTARIO — Gov. Kate Brown plans to visit southeastern Oregon next week to hold a ceremonial signing of the state’s $5.3 billion transportation bill. The bill includes $26 million for a major rail transload facility in Malheur County. Those in the onion industry tell the Capital Press newspaper that the facility is vitally important for farmers. It will allow onions and other commodities to be loaded directly onto rail cars, reducing transportation costs and possibly opening new markets. The governor plans to meet with growers before signing the bill in Ontario. It will be her second visit to the city this year. Farmers say they can’t remember the last time a governor visited the city in an official capacity.
So, the farmers can't remember her first visit?   Wink
(08-23-2017, 09:40 AM)Cuzz Wrote: So, the farmers can't remember her first visit?   Wink

I think the operative thing here was "Official Capacity".
I, for one, am glad to see onions get their moment in the sun. And trains. Trains and onions built this state. And chinese workers. They did all the work. But at least they like onions.
(08-23-2017, 09:46 PM)bbqboy Wrote: I, for one, am glad to see onions get their moment in the sun. And trains. Trains and onions built this state. And chinese workers. They did all the work. But at least they like onions.

Onions? I think timber had a lot to do with building this state. And some mining, cattle ranches and yes, maybe some onion fields. 

But back to the point. The governor included from a transportation bill some money for railroads to assist the onion growers to get the product to market. (Onion growers pay taxes too).

And to the line in my post about president Obama's remark "You didn't build that"

"You didn't build that" is a phrase from an 2012 election campaignspeech delivered by former United States President Barack Obama on July 13, 2012, in Roanoke, Virginia. The phrase was publicized by his political opponents during the 2012 presidential campaign, as an attack by Obama on business and entrepreneurs.[2][3][4]

Fact-checking organizations reported that Obama's remarks were distorted out of context in order to criticize the president.[5][6] The president's remarks reflected the belief, common among Democrats, that successful citizens owed their success partly to public infrastructure and government spending, and that they should contribute to finance public goods.[7]
Obama likes onions. Personally I'm all for grilling them in burgers. It's patriotic.