The Smoke & Air Quality are bad... FREE FACE MASKS!
(09-03-2017, 04:50 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 03:43 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 02:57 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 10:29 AM)Juniper Wrote: I know I should, but I can't handle the masks. You feel like you can't breathe and then  you put on a mask and you feel like you can't breathe even more!
   You should try wearing one in a super hot attic while you are crawling around working. I'm having a hard time having any empathy for you Razz

I love you too, TV. Dry Razz
He he.  It's just that I spent so many hours wearing a mask in hot attics and crawl spaces while exerting myself and making my self breathe harder than someone just walking and wearing a mask.

Smiling

There's these new homeowners across the street from me who are ANIMALS about work. They have been working like maniacs all day across the street while I sit inside here and wheeze! Laughing
I imagine most people who work outside are still showing up for work. Some people don't care.
I saw a guy in a convertible with the top down lighting a cigarette while he was at a stop light Laughing
(09-03-2017, 12:33 PM)Scrapper Wrote: [Image: 21270797_1720285818023948_17393813303223...e=5A54BEE1]

I'm going to pick up my mask and them head over to the bank.
(09-03-2017, 04:01 PM)Jeep Wrote: No wonder I have shortness of breathe and burning eyes. Laughing

Have you tried closing you eyes and holding your breath?  Big Grin  Embarrassed

It looks like we MAY get a break Wednesday.....
(09-03-2017, 06:11 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-03-2017, 04:01 PM)Jeep Wrote: No wonder I have shortness of breathe and burning eyes. Laughing

Have you tried closing you eyes and holding your breath?  Big Grin  Embarrassed

It looks like we MAY get a break Wednesday.....

I may not make it.....
You know its bad when you are happy that it goes from hazardous to very unhealthy.
When I checked earlier today, Medford had the worst AQI in the country. 443. K Falls was in the mid 500s yesterday.
Wouldn't you know it...I went to start my car and ....nothing. That means I'm walking or cycling to work in this mess. I'm already sick just staying inside as much as I can. Sad  Heck, I'm sitting inside my airconditioned house and feeling lightheaded and coughing.  At what point does it become so toxic it's not livable?
(09-05-2017, 07:16 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wouldn't you know it...I went to start my car and ....nothing. That means I'm walking or cycling to work in this mess. I'm already sick just staying inside as much as I can. Sad  Heck, I'm sitting inside my airconditioned house and feeling lightheaded and coughing.  At what point does it become so toxic it's not livable?

Wednesday, maybe Thursday?   Confused
(09-05-2017, 07:16 PM)Juniper Wrote: Wouldn't you know it...I went to start my car and ....nothing. That means I'm walking or cycling to work in this mess. I'm already sick just staying inside as much as I can. Sad  Heck, I'm sitting inside my airconditioned house and feeling lightheaded and coughing.  At what point does it become so toxic it's not livable?

We are already at hazardous. Our air is hovering around 450 and it's still "hazardous all the way to 500.

There is nothing after 500 so I assume at that point you are dead.
(09-05-2017, 07:22 PM)Cuzz Wrote:

Wednesday, maybe Thursday?   Confused

LOL  Does that mean we're all dead by Thursday?
I just stuck my head outside with the flashlight because I heard something smash up against my house. (that's creepy/scary) and the entire street is filled with smoke.
Laser pen weather for sure.
I made an air cleaner with a box fan and a 24 dollar furnace filter. Big Grin with a 2400 micro particle performance rating.
I bought the filter at Lowes and some guy who was shopping was very adamant that it would NOT filter smoke.
It says right on the filter that it will.
And when the air quality is as bad as it was yesterday I think it's not just smoke.... It's also ash.

Yesterday MY two AC units were pulling smoke in from out side so we had to shut them down.

Anyway.. we'll see.
(09-06-2017, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: I made an air cleaner with a box fan and a 24 dollar furnace filter. Big Grin with a 2400 micro particle performance rating.
I bought the filter at Lowes and some guy who was shopping was very adamant that it would NOT filter smoke.
And when the air quality is as bad as it was yesterday I think it's not just smoke.... It's also ash.

Yesterday MY two AC units were pulling smoke in from out side so we had to shut them down.

Anyway.. we'll see.

Last night when I was outside shining the flashlight I could see all the particulate in the air.  LOTS.
Feeling good. Air index only 374. Cough
I live in Trumpsville where they have no air quality sensors.  Rolling Eyes The smoke is lighter but the sun was still a orange globe most of the day.
(09-06-2017, 10:01 PM)Valuesize Wrote: I live in Trumpsville where they have no air quality sensors.  Rolling Eyes The smoke is lighter but the sun was still a orange globe most of the day.

Don't need no sensors. The fires are all fake news!   Wink
(09-06-2017, 02:45 PM)tvguy Wrote: I made an air cleaner with a box fan and a 24 dollar furnace filter. Big Grin with a 2400 micro particle performance rating.

Anyway.. we'll see.

Will do nothing for PM 2.5 and PM 10
 they are 2.5 microns and smaller and 10 microns and smaller.
 The stuff above 10 microns is not considered as big a health risk.
what you want is a electrostatic filter. They make them for the standard furnace size. A bit pricey but they can be cleaned and used over and over.

2400 microns is 2.4 mm, or a 1/10 of an inch.
You could get a metal screen with better performance.
(09-07-2017, 12:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Anyway.. we'll see.

what you want is a electrostatic filter. They make them for the standard furnace size. A bit pricey but they can be cleaned and used over and over.

what you want is a electrostatic filter.

Good because that's exactly what I bought.
(09-07-2017, 02:02 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(09-07-2017, 12:43 PM)chuck white Wrote:

Anyway.. we'll see.

what you want is a electrostatic filter.

Good because that's exactly what I bought.

I'd keep a close eye on the box fan that it doesn't over heat with the extra effort needed to pass air through the filter, especially as it gets dirty.