DACA
On NPR today they were discussing Trumps plan to put an end to DACA

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy founded by the Obama administration in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit

I think of DACA people just like I think of hardworking established illegal immigrants.We sat on our hands while millions and millions of illegals came here and we allowed USA bushiness to profit from the cheap and necessary labor.
So IMO it's wrong to simply deport hardworking established illegal immigrants including DACA people.

And THEN they interview A DACA person. A young women who came here as a small child and is now is almost done with college as an attorney.
And her first words are that she is "outraged" and then went on to pull the RACE CARD. Apparently she thinks we don't want illegal immigration just because most are Hispanic?
And then she said most of us don't think about or care WHY illegals come to the USA.

How in the hell does it matter why? You can't save every puppy in the pound. We can't save every dirt poor or oppressed people who live in some shit hole country.

So at the end of interview I was hoping the SHE would be deported. Sad
Isn't there like, a statute of limitation on illegal immigration?

Many of them illegally immigrated, a long time ago. It couldn't be worse then robbery.

Bank robbery has a five year limit.

Quote:For example, in the federal criminal system, a prosecutor has only five years from the date a bank robbery is committed to file charges against the bank robber. (Where state criminal laws are involved, these time limits will vary from state to state, and will depend upon the type of offense involved.)

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/q...28325.html
(09-05-2017, 05:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: On NPR today they were discussing Trumps plan to put an end to DACA

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) is an American immigration policy founded by the Obama administration in June 2012. DACA allows certain illegal immigrants who entered the country as minors, to receive a renewable two-year period of deferred action from deportation and eligibility for a work permit

I think of DACA people just like I think of hardworking established illegal immigrants.We sat on our hands while millions and millions of illegals came here and we allowed USA bushiness to profit from the cheap and necessary labor.
So IMO it's wrong to simply deport hardworking established illegal immigrants including DACA people.

And THEN they interview A DACA person. A young women who came here as a small child and is now is almost done with college as an attorney.
And her first words are that she is "outraged" and then went on to pull the RACE CARD. Apparently she thinks we don't want illegal immigration just because most are Hispanic?
And then she said most of us don't think about or care WHY illegals come to the USA.

How in the hell does it matter why? You can't save every puppy in the pound. We can't save every dirt poor or oppressed people who live in some shit hole country.

I see your point and understand your feelings toward how this woman described her situation. The simple fact is the hispanics ARE being targeted WAY above all other illegal persons in our country so she rightfully feels unfairly targeted. I personally know more people from Europe, Asia, Canada and Russia who are here illegally though I do SEE more Hispanics I presume are illegal. 

Most Americans want something done with the long standing problem of illegal immigration that has been taking advantage of our services meant for our citizens, but the targeting of Hispanics is obvious. This whole thing could have and should have been handled fairly and equally for ALL illegals long ago, but now we have an overtly racist pos leader  Big Grin rallying his flock of racist fake patriots  Big Grin basically targeting ONLY Hispanics, almost exclusively from Mexico.
(09-05-2017, 09:03 PM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 05:54 PM)tvguy Wrote: On NPR today they were discussing Trumps plan to put an end to DACA

I see your point and understand your feelings toward how this woman described her situation. The simple fact is the hispanics ARE being targeted WAY above all other illegal persons in our country so she rightfully feels unfairly targeted. I personally know more people from Europe, Asia, Canada and Russia who are here illegally though I do SEE more Hispanics I presume are illegal. 

Most Americans want something done with the long standing problem of illegal immigration that has been taking advantage of our services meant for our citizens, but the targeting of Hispanics is obvious. This whole thing could have and should have been handled fairly and equally for ALL illegals long ago, but now we have an overtly racist pos leader  Big Grin rallying his flock of racist fake patriots  Big Grin basically targeting ONLY Hispanics, almost exclusively from Mexico.

Of course Hispanics are being targeted they are the vast majority of illegals and also the majority of illegals we have already caught who returned again.
That doesn't make law enforcement racist or targeting. It makes them smart. Claiming Hispanics are treated unfair because they are His panics is baloney.

" basically targeting ONLY Hispanics, almost exclusively from Mexico."

Not really.....

Mexico  6.2 million

Guatemala

El Salvador

Honduras

Holy crap, you go more and more off the rails on a daily basis.
(09-06-2017, 06:36 PM)GPnative Wrote:

Holy crap, you go more and more off the rails on a daily basis.

Coming from someone who thinks Obama is racist and Trump is not I'll take this as a complement also.