Si Casa Flores closed
(10-02-2017, 08:14 PM)tvguy Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 08:06 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 06:09 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 06:19 PM)GCG Wrote:
(10-01-2017, 06:12 PM)Juniper Wrote: Their "Margarita" looks good.  Early Whiskey, fresh squeezed grapefruit, lime and lemon shaken with agave syrup, simple and floated with Benedictine liqueur.

Yeah.. I considered that last night. I am what you might call a blue collar tequila snob... but I think I'd ather have a good  "whiskey margarita" made right, than a lousy tequila maggie. So that will be the next test. I look forward to it.

Suppose if "The Stranger" from The Big Lebowski came in they would serve him a Sarsaparilla?
Does anyone serve sarsaparilla?

No. It was made with Sassafras which is a plant that has roots that smell like root beer. When I was a little kid in Ohio I knew the plant. It was like a small tree and I used to pull it just so I could walk along and smell it.

We even made sassafras tea a few times. Anyway a while back I thought of Sassafras and I wondered why I never hear about it.
I looked it up and apparently someone found out it's not good for people for some reason

Maybe that's what's wrong with me Cool

Yeah, I remember when they took Sassafras off the shelves.
I had some in the Bucket of Blood Saloon in Virginia City many rears ago.  At least... that's what they SOLD me.... Who knows what it really was...
(10-03-2017, 07:47 PM)Hugo Wrote: I had some in the Bucket of Blood Saloon in Virginia City many rears ago.  At least... that's what they SOLD me.... Who knows what it really was...
I was there once, and may have been in the Bucket Of Blood. I remember they charged me double the going price for a long neck bottle of Bud. (Spent all day...never found even an ounce of silver  Wink )