Si Casa Flores closed
Is Tia under obligation to provide the details you seem to have anyway?
Even when you're trying to be nice, you end up condescending.
BTW-for you this thread is ONLY about Si Casa Flores. The rest of us are free to take as many turns as is necessary. Smiling
(09-17-2017, 09:07 AM)bbqboy Wrote: Is Tia under obligation to provide the details you seem to have anyway?
Even when you're trying to be nice, you end up  condescending.
BTW-for you this thread is ONLY about Si Casa Flores. The rest of us are free to take as many turns as is necessary. Smiling

Grab your own opinions and hold them dear. 

This started as a Topic about a Mexican food restaurant closing and we began to discuss places now available because there is one less place to consider. 
And yeah, I wondered why Tia's suggestion was a brew-pub and not a Mexican food place. 
So take as many turns as you want. God knows we have scratched our heads often enough wondering about your many "turns". 
Condescending my ass! Speaking of which, stick it in your ass. You only pop up here to post obscure and negative comments.
Negative to you, positive to the World at large.
BTW, you pretty much self defined the term in your post. Good job.
(09-17-2017, 08:19 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 09:41 AM)GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

You haven't tried Immortal Spirits then.
I notice on another Topic you are not feeling well after breathing all the smoke. Maybe that's why you didn't bother to provide ANY information about Immortal Spirits. 
No problem. Found their website. 
What I find it what looks for all the world like a bar that serves food. And I don't see any Tex-Mex on the menu. 
FOOD MENU
SMALL PLATES 
  • CROSTINI OF THE DAY
    Ask your server for details - $7
  • BRUSCHETTA 
    Baguette, tomato, pesto, basil, balsamic, red onion - $7
  • CAPRESE 
    Tomato, basil, mozzarella, balsamic - $9
  • BRUSSELS SPROUTS 
    Bacon, sea salt, lemon, parm - $8
  • ENTOMBED PORK PANCAKE
    Greek yogurt, scallions, whiskey BBQ sauce - $6
  • PULLED PORK À LA CARTE 
    Pulled pork, whiskey BBQ sauce, red onion, pickle - $6
  • TOSSED SALAD 
[size=undefined]
HOT SANDWICHES 
Served with red potato salad and fresh greens, option of adding a burger patty![/size]
  • BOSS HOG 
    Pulled pork, bacon, ham, red onion, pickle, whiskey BBQ sauce, on a bun $9
  • MONSTER TRUCK 
    Bacon, bleu, avocado, colby, red onion $9
  • ULTIMATE WARRIOR 
    Turkey, pesto, tomato, mozzarella $9
  • SAVAGE 
    Ham, bacon, colby, sweet hot mustard, pickle $10
[size=undefined]
BURGERS 
Served with red potato salad and fresh greens
Our gourmet burger meat is grass-fed Black Angus beef raised in the Applegate Valley. These lucky cows get fed the spent grains we use to make our whiskey![/size]
  • CLASSIC 
    Bacon, colby, tomato, onion, pickle - $11
  • QUICKDRAW 
    Bacon x 2, crispy fried onions, Colby, whiskey BBQ sauce - $12
  • THE GREEK 
    Mint tzatziki, feta, red onion, tomato - $11
  • ROCKETMAN 
    Bacon, bleu, grilled onion, rocket mix, sherry vin - $12 
  • DRUNKEN GOAT 
    Bacon, goat cheese, red wine glazed onion, black pepper - $12
  • THE MOPED 
    Choice beef, colby, ketchup, mustard, served with potato salad - $7

[size=undefined]
Locally made sodas, beer and wine available[/size]

But there must be something there akin to Tex-Mex you enjoy. I hope when you are feeling better you will provide a bit more information. I'm always looking for good Mexican (style) food. In another post (#15) you commented: 

"I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down. I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants. Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros! The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff."

When you are feeling better, I hope you will share the names and locations of some of these places. 

I like La Tapaitia at 125 N. Main St in Phoenix. There is a lot I don't know about authentic Mexican food but this place is very popular with the folks I know who are ethnic Mexicans. No table service, you order at the counter and if you are looking for "atmosphere" and a well decorated and appointed setting this is not it. (They serve a sweet rice drink that's made on site that I like). They move a lot of product and it always seems fresh and tasty to me. Parking can be a bit of a problem when busy, so be prepared to park on street and walk a bit. There is also a small market attached where you can buy Mexican products. 
The downside: I live in Medford and don't always feel like driving there for a quick meal.

Not sure why you're so focused on just Tex-Mex. CGC broadened the discussion to "any local restaurant recommendations" and Tia just obliged with one.

As for authentic Mexican food, I've rather loosely considered anything Mexican food like that's smothered in orange cheese as Tex-Mex or "Gringo" Mexican as Tia called it. It all tastes about the same to me no matter where I find it. The more authentic stuff has flavors all its own. I like both sometimes. I just like Tex-Mex less.
(09-16-2017, 06:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down.  I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants.  Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros!  The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run  hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff.

El Caporal on Hwy 62 near the 234 intersection.
(09-17-2017, 09:51 AM)Cuzz Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 09:41 AM)GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

I notice on another Topic you are not feeling well after breathing all the smoke. Maybe that's why you didn't bother to provide ANY information about Immortal Spirits. 
What I find it what looks for all the world like a bar that serves food. And I don't see any Tex-Mex on the menu. 
FOOD MENU
SMALL PLATES 
  • CROSTINI OF THE DAY
  • BRUSCHETTA 
  • CAPRESE 
  • BRUSSELS SPROUTS 
  • ENTOMBED PORK PANCAKE
  • PULLED PORK À LA CARTE 
  • TOSSED SALAD 
[size=undefined]
HOT SANDWICHES 
Served with red potato salad and fresh greens, option of adding a burger patty![/size]
  • BOSS HOG 
  • MONSTER TRUCK 
  • ULTIMATE WARRIOR 
  • SAVAGE 
[size=undefined]
BURGERS 
Our gourmet burger meat is grass-fed Black Angus beef raised in the Applegate Valley. These lucky cows get fed the spent grains we use to make our whiskey![/size]
  • CLASSIC 
  • QUICKDRAW 
  • THE GREEK 
  • ROCKETMAN 
  • DRUNKEN GOAT 
  • THE MOPED 

[size=undefined]

But there must be something there akin to Tex-Mex you enjoy. I hope when you are feeling better you will provide a bit more information. I'm always looking for good Mexican (style) food. In another post (#15) you commented: 

"I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down. I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants. Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros! The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff."

When you are feeling better, I hope you will share the names and locations of some of these places. 

I like La Tapaitia at 125 N. Main St in Phoenix. There is a lot I don't know about authentic Mexican food but this place is very popular with the folks I know who are ethnic Mexicans. No table service, you order at the counter and if you are looking for "atmosphere" and a well decorated and appointed setting this is not it. (They serve a sweet rice drink that's made on site that I like). They move a lot of product and it always seems fresh and tasty to me. Parking can be a bit of a problem when busy, so be prepared to park on street and walk a bit. There is also a small market attached where you can buy Mexican products. 
The downside: I live in Medford and don't always feel like driving there for a quick meal.

Not sure why you're so focused on just Tex-Mex. CGC broadened the discussion to "any local restaurant recommendations" and Tia just obliged with one.

As for authentic Mexican food, I've rather loosely considered anything Mexican food like that's smothered in orange cheese as Tex-Mex or "Gringo" Mexican as Tia called it. It all tastes about the same to me no matter where I find it. The more authentic stuff has flavors all its own. I like both sometimes. I just like Tex-Mex less.

Okay. So, it's been "broadened".
So since Casa Flores has closed, I'll recommend the best Thai food in town? Or, should we wonder if Wonder Bread makes good toast? How about the social considerations of a vegan diet? Eventually we will be talking about the qualities of tires at Big Ed's. (The serve coffee there). 
And: Most of the "Mexican food" we get at restaurants in this valley are Tex-Mex. 

"Many of the so-called Mexican foods we love — like hardshell tacos, burritos, and nachos — are Tex-Mex inventions. Though they have their own interesting history (and are obviously tasty), calling them Mexican is as accurate as saying General Tsao's chicken is Chinese."

9 Authentic Mexican Dishes You Should Eat Instead Of The Tex-Mex Knockoffs:

http://www.businessinsider.com/authentic...mex-2014-8

Edit: Don't know why link won't highlight but it can be opened by dragging like to copy then right click to go to address. 
(09-17-2017, 10:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

FOOD MENU
SMALL PLATES 
  • CROSTINI OF THE DAY
  • BRUSCHETTA 
  • CAPRESE 
  • BRUSSELS SPROUTS 
  • ENTOMBED PORK PANCAKE
  • PULLED PORK À LA CARTE 
  • TOSSED SALAD 
[size=undefined]
HOT SANDWICHES 
  • BOSS HOG 
  • MONSTER TRUCK 
  • ULTIMATE WARRIOR 
  • SAVAGE 
[size=undefined]
BURGERS 
  • CLASSIC 
  • QUICKDRAW 
  • THE GREEK 
  • ROCKETMAN 
  • DRUNKEN GOAT 
  • THE MOPED 

[size=undefined]

So since Casa Flores has closed, I'll recommend the best Thai food in town? Or, should we wonder if Wonder Bread makes good toast? How about the social considerations of a vegan diet? Eventually we will be talking about the qualities of tires at Big Ed's. (The serve coffee there). 
And: Most of the "Mexican food" we get at restaurants in this valley are Tex-Mex. 

Edit: Don't know why link won't highlight but it can be opened by dragging like to copy then right click to go to address. 

I guess you got me. The only response I can think of right now is....

Sure.   and   Yeah, so what?
They aren't TexMex, they're mostly CalMex.
Wonky seems to be hurt that we haven't praised his genius in telling us about LaTapatia, the most acclaimed Mexican joint in all of Southern Oregon and which has been discussed right here many times.
(09-17-2017, 10:10 AM)Wonky3 Wrote:

FOOD MENU
SMALL PLATES 
  • CROSTINI OF THE DAY
  • BRUSCHETTA 
  • CAPRESE 
  • BRUSSELS SPROUTS 
  • ENTOMBED PORK PANCAKE
  • PULLED PORK À LA CARTE 
  • TOSSED SALAD 
[size=undefined]
HOT SANDWICHES 
  • BOSS HOG 
  • MONSTER TRUCK 
  • ULTIMATE WARRIOR 
  • SAVAGE 
[size=undefined]
BURGERS 
  • CLASSIC 
  • QUICKDRAW 
  • THE GREEK 
  • ROCKETMAN 
  • DRUNKEN GOAT 
  • THE MOPED 

[size=undefined]

"Many of the so-called Mexican foods we love — like hardshell tacos, burritos, and nachos — are Tex-Mex inventions. Though they have their own interesting history (and are obviously tasty), calling them Mexican is as accurate as saying General Tsao's chicken is Chinese."

Look it up yourself. You know you did! It was just said there was no where decent (to eat) in Medford, so I mentioned one.
(09-17-2017, 11:58 AM)bbqboy Wrote: They aren't TexMex, they're mostly CalMex.
Wonky seems to be hurt that we haven't praised his genius in telling us about LaTapatia, the most acclaimed Mexican joint in all of Southern Oregon and which has been discussed right here many times.

It's true. I don't know ANY TexMex in the Valley, and La Tapatia is excellent.
For Wonky's edification:

Quote:GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

This is why I posted immortal spirits.  If you want to call it a brew pub, feel free. It's more of a craft whiskey pub that also sells craft beers.
GCG: I wonder if Kaleidescope pizzas that you get are greasy because of meat? I don't typically get meat toppings and never find their pizza too greasy.
I like Wonder Bread. It is a necessary part of most good BBQ.
Arther Bryant's used to have dozens of loaves stacked above the serving window and also
at the Cash register, along with giant jars of sandwich pickles, along with the once free and now expensive Burnt Ends. Time marches on but healthy bread for BBQ will be a no forever.
(09-17-2017, 01:14 PM)Juniper Wrote: For Wonky's edification:

Quote:GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

This is why I posted immortal spirits.  If you want to call it a brew pub, feel free. It's more of a craft whiskey pub that also sells craft beers.

Okay. 
That CCG mentioned Kaleidoscope doesn't change the fact that we started here talking about Si Casa Flores closing and what other Mexican places we might find in the valley. Information and opinion I would like to know. 
So, the pizza at Kaleidoscope is greasy (?) and from there we go...where? Cold Stone Creamy? They have a lot of widows, I wonder who cleans them? Anyone have a clue who is the best window cleaner in Medford. Do they have a union? Are Unions really necessary or do they only bleed the members? 
And Tia, you still have not posted the "Mom and Pop" Mexican places you thought were the best in the valley. I, (for one) would like to know so I can give 'em a try. After I have clam chowder at Four Daughters. Not to be confused with "The Sisters Brothers", and Oregon story. Speaking of stories....

Brew club...Craft Whisky pub? Whatever. 

Round and round it goes, where it stops nobody knows.
(09-17-2017, 02:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Okay. 
That CCG mentioned Kaleidoscope doesn't change the fact that we started here talking about Si Casa Flores closing and what other Mexican places we might find in the valley. Information and opinion I would like to know. 
So, the pizza at Kaleidoscope is greasy (?) and from there we go...where? Cold Stone Creamy? They have a lot of widows, I wonder who cleans them? Anyone have a clue who is the best window cleaner in Medford. Do they have a union? Are Unions really necessary or do they only bleed the members? 
And Tia, you still have not posted the "Mom and Pop" Mexican places you thought were the best in the valley. I, (for one) would like to know so I can give 'em a try. After I have clam chowder at Four Daughters. Not to be confused with "The Sisters Brothers", and Oregon story. Speaking of stories....

Jesus

Okay. 

GTH

Okay. 

Since you asked..... Kelly Carpet Cleaning also cleans windows and does a excellent job.
(09-17-2017, 02:08 PM)Jeep Wrote:

Okay. 

Since you asked..... Kelly Carpet Cleaning also cleans windows and does a excellent job.

Thanks, Jeep. Wink
(09-17-2017, 02:02 PM)Wonky3 Wrote: Okay. 

Your coffee shop REALLY needs to start cutting you off sooner.  Big Grin
(09-17-2017, 02:08 PM)Juniper Wrote:

Okay. 

GTH

Go to hell? Really, Tia? 
(See "Fires")