Si Casa Flores closed
Did anyone read the article in the MT about this? It claims, more or less, that the owner had been accused of sexual harassment a few years ago and the operation has been struggling ever since. We used to go there, (as well as Matzatlans), on occasion. I believe that the same family owns Si Casa Flores, Matzatlans and Las Palmas... and perhaps some others as well. 

Our last experience, (take-out form Matzatlans), was quite literally, our LAST experience. It was so horrible that we threw all of it down the drain.
(09-16-2017, 07:46 AM)GCG Wrote: Did anyone read the article in the MT about this? It claims, more or less, that the owner had been accused of sexual harassment a few years ago and the operation has been struggling ever since. We used to go there, (as well as Matzatlans), on occasion. I believe that the same family owns Si Casa Flores, Matzatlans and Las Palmas... and perhaps some others as well. 

Our last experience, (take-out form Matzatlans), was quite literally, our LAST experience. It was so horrible that we threw all of it down the drain.

...so, any recommendations for a good Tex-Mex restaurant in Medford, or nearby?
I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.
(09-16-2017, 09:41 AM)GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

Did you try that Texas Roadhouse that opened a couple of years ago?
(09-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Valuesize Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 09:41 AM)GCG Wrote: I don't have any recommendations for ANY restaurants in Medford...Tex-Mex or otherwise. Kaleidoscope is about the only place we go anymore. And we don't really GO there, we just get take-out salads. Their pizza is pretty tasty but so damn greasy I feel guilty eating it. I wish we had more choices around here.

Yeah.... we go there now and then. In fact our son works there when he's not off on fire calls. I think their food is pretty decent by "chain" standards. The prices aren't too bad either. It's not a place I'd go with just my wife but it's fun with the kids.
(09-16-2017, 09:58 AM)Valuesize Wrote:

We did. Very tasty, but mostly steaks and chicken as I remember, not so much Tex-Mex (Or is my memory failing again?). And, the place was really noisy. Hard to have conversation. But great service when we were there. 

We eat at Senior Sam's ( Embarrassed ) too often. Hey, it's fast, affordable, and convenient (for us...Medford Center) once you know the menu it's okay. Not the cleanest place in town, but over the years we've never been sick after eating there. 
(Roll the dice). What can I say? We are peasants. 

Three times we ate at Baja Fresh (new) in Medford Center. Good food. LOUSY management that causes wait times, wrong orders, and incorrect change. The kids work hard, the manager needs to go to school. Not going back for bit.
A new Mexican restaurant just opened across from Jack in the Box in GP.
The name said 'Nanos'. I wonder if it's the same Nano from Glendale?
(09-16-2017, 07:46 AM)GCG Wrote: Did anyone read the article in the MT about this? It claims, more or less, that the owner had been accused of sexual harassment a few years ago and the operation has been struggling ever since. We used to go there, (as well as Matzatlans), on occasion. I believe that the same family owns Si Casa Flores, Matzatlans and Las Palmas... and perhaps some others as well. 

My wife and I went to Matzatlans for the last time a few weeks back.
(09-16-2017, 11:49 AM)tvguy Wrote:

Good to know. 
Any tried:
El Molcajete Mexican Grill
on W. Stewart in Medford?
(09-16-2017, 12:38 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:

Good to know. 
Any tried:

Yes... we went there about a year ago. It was better than the standard "Si Casa Flores" fare and the prices are very reasonable. I think we'll go back some day. It's a bit of a jaunt from Central Point.
(09-16-2017, 04:58 PM)GCG Wrote:

Good to know. 
Any tried:

Yes... we went there about a year ago. It was better than the standard "Si Casa Flores" fare and the prices are very reasonable. I think we'll go back some day. It's a bit of a jaunt from Central Point.

Thanks. Will give it a try.
The first time I saw I was driving around looking for a florist. True story? I mean doesn't it mean the house of flowers?
I ordered some roses and baby breath and they threw my ass out.

You haven't tried Immortal Spirits then.
(09-16-2017, 05:08 PM)Wonky3 Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 04:58 PM)GCG Wrote:

Good to know. 
Any tried:

Thanks. Will give it a try.

No thank you to El Molcajete.  I'm not sure why it's so well liked.  It was seriously some of the worst Mexican food I've had in the Valley.
I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down. I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants. Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros! The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff.
(09-16-2017, 06:32 PM)Juniper Wrote:

I've never even heard of it. But I like the name.
(09-16-2017, 06:37 PM)Juniper Wrote: I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down.  I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants.  Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros!  The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run  hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff.

I don't know about the social media blow up. I don't follow that. I do wholeheartedly agree about the family run Mexican restaurants though. If I have difficulty communicating with the staff chances are good I'll like the food.   Smiling

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks good.
(09-16-2017, 07:22 PM)Jeep Wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion. Looks good.

Fairly reasonable prices for the quality ingredients they use.

I notice on another Topic you are not feeling well after breathing all the smoke. Maybe that's why you didn't bother to provide ANY information about Immortal Spirits. 
No problem. Found their website. 
What I find it what looks for all the world like a bar that serves food. And I don't see any Tex-Mex on the menu. 
FOOD MENU
SMALL PLATES 
  • CROSTINI OF THE DAY
    Ask your server for details - $7
  • BRUSCHETTA 
    Baguette, tomato, pesto, basil, balsamic, red onion - $7
  • CAPRESE 
    Tomato, basil, mozzarella, balsamic - $9
  • BRUSSELS SPROUTS 
    Bacon, sea salt, lemon, parm - $8
  • ENTOMBED PORK PANCAKE
    Greek yogurt, scallions, whiskey BBQ sauce - $6
  • PULLED PORK À LA CARTE 
    Pulled pork, whiskey BBQ sauce, red onion, pickle - $6
  • TOSSED SALAD 
    Ask your server for details - $7
[size=undefined]
HOT SANDWICHES 
Served with red potato salad and fresh greens, option of adding a burger patty![/size]
  • BOSS HOG 
    Pulled pork, bacon, ham, red onion, pickle, whiskey BBQ sauce, on a bun $9
  • MONSTER TRUCK 
    Bacon, bleu, avocado, colby, red onion $9
  • ULTIMATE WARRIOR 
    Turkey, pesto, tomato, mozzarella $9
  • SAVAGE 
    Ham, bacon, colby, sweet hot mustard, pickle $10
[size=undefined]
BURGERS 
Served with red potato salad and fresh greens
Our gourmet burger meat is grass-fed Black Angus beef raised in the Applegate Valley. These lucky cows get fed the spent grains we use to make our whiskey![/size]
  • CLASSIC 
    Bacon, colby, tomato, onion, pickle - $11
  • QUICKDRAW 
    Bacon x 2, crispy fried onions, Colby, whiskey BBQ sauce - $12
  • THE GREEK 
    Mint tzatziki, feta, red onion, tomato - $11
  • ROCKETMAN 
    Bacon, bleu, grilled onion, rocket mix, sherry vin - $12 
  • DRUNKEN GOAT 
    Bacon, goat cheese, red wine glazed onion, black pepper - $12
  • THE MOPED 
    Choice beef, colby, ketchup, mustard, served with potato salad - $7

[size=undefined]
Locally made sodas, beer and wine available[/size]

But there must be something there akin to Tex-Mex you enjoy. I hope when you are feeling better you will provide a bit more information. I'm always looking for good Mexican (style) food. In another post (#15) you commented: 

"I'm amazed at the amount of social media blow up there is over the Si Casa Flores shut down. I don't like any of the standard "Gringo" Mexican restaurants. Good God, don't EVER go to Habaneros! The only Mexican places I usually hit are the family run hole in the walls . They usually have the good stuff."

When you are feeling better, I hope you will share the names and locations of some of these places. 

I like La Tapaitia at 125 N. Main St in Phoenix. There is a lot I don't know about authentic Mexican food but this place is very popular with the folks I know who are ethnic Mexicans. No table service, you order at the counter and if you are looking for "atmosphere" and a well decorated and appointed setting this is not it. (They serve a sweet rice drink that's made on site that I like). They move a lot of product and it always seems fresh and tasty to me. Parking can be a bit of a problem when busy, so be prepared to park on street and walk a bit. There is also a small market attached where you can buy Mexican products. 
The downside: I live in Medford and don't always feel like driving there for a quick meal.